V3 Ferrari sim vu+ duo

It's been confirmed on Ferarri forum that there is a new security chip in the V3 clone the older security chips are not able to respond to queries fast enough. The new chip apparently will work with newer images. There is also a "free" upgrade being offered to owners of V1 and V2 clones but you have to pay postage which is supposed to be around 20 dollars...

Does any clear to post up some pictures of the solder job that needs to be done?

I havent seen any guides for the security module swap yet, it'll be straight swap though security ship is on a small daughter board..im guessing the whole daughter baord gets unsoldered from the main baord and you resolder the new one on. Not sure how many pins there are to unsolder.

On another note someone has tested new images on the V3 chip and apparently they dont work...box doesnt boot. So dont rush out and buy a V3 just yet...

I was about to post the same, v3 doesn't allow the latest vix 3.0 to boot.

Also I assume that the boards come pre-programmed as the firmware on the board hasn't been released, yet.

I also love the way that now every problem post on that forums is responded to by the immortal words, "have you tried changing out the PSU", as though it's a bog standard PSU and everyone has a spare one just lying around.

I think I may just not bother with a clone. I'll assess the situation once the Vu+ Solo2 & Duo2 is out and see if there is another price drop on an original Duo. If not, I may just get a Solo2 or a Gigablue Quad as I really need a decent dual tuner box.

Hopefully it will just be the case of bootloader not flashed to it yet. If it pans out to just fix the tuner failed issue though and not alow new software updates, I would still actually consider getting one, but hopefully something will come of it.

Somebody has just posted that they are getting loads of tune,filed messages with a v3, maybe it just needs a reflash with new firmware but it seems strange that they'd release something that doesn't appear to work.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Ferrari team never replied to the email I sent them enquiring about ordering a v3 chip.
I might not bother now if it doesn't fix the tune failed issue or run new images it's a waste of time.

Theres apparently Non-Ferarri VU SOLO clones that can run new images without any issue. Looks liike Ferrari team are up to their old tricks again, stalling for time not providing any credible information etc. Theres questions and complaints popping up on their forum..wonder how long it will be before they start deleting posts or banning members that complain/ask difficult questions...
They apparently now say that whoever emailed about the V3 chip upgrade needs to wait at least 7 days for a reply...

Last edited:
yes i posted replies regarding the quality control regarding these boxes, but they deleted my reply....im gonna keep doing that...and see how long they take to ban me...lol..not that ive got a clone anymore...its that bloke on there "toysoft"...he seems to be representing ferrari....what he dont like , he deletes...

the whole situation is a shambles to be honest and if the ferrari box manufacturers would have had some forthought and made the security chip as a plugable unit then at least people just just swap the chip out like on a dm800/dm800se... its a shame that the sim2 team didnt do the vu+clones as their record for support is excellent and they would have made a profit if the sale of the ferrari units are anything to go by. my V2 solo runs fine on B.H.1.7.2 and ive no intention of changing it unless i have to,regards mdt

Indeed but it seems that SIM 2 team are not interested in cloning non dream recievers at the minute. A 7020HD twin tuner clone would be good. Soldered security module and tuners are cost saving methods, they can all be done by robot. Having plug in modules probably means assembly by hand .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back