Usernames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz2712

Banned
Reaction score
Usernames.
We not bothering with them anymore then?

Every f*cking post nowadays is like a High School reunion? Yes Steve,yes Craig,nice post Stevie, yes blah blah blah!

Its happening more and more now. Appreciate that people make friends on here but if everyone is gonna speak to one another on 1st name terms then why bother with a bloody username?
Its confusing to newer members as well and just f**king annoying to people like myself.
Too many little clique's forming on here now for my liking. Thats why I hardly ever bother posting anymore. Too many excellent members have been lost to this site due to this and its about time it was stamped out.

If you wanna have a little heart-to-heart with your bestest friends then use a pm or go to a site like and exhange sweet nothings to one another.

LINK REMOVED CATCH YOURSELF ON !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Simon mate eh I mean Daz2712:proud:

Nice post sweety pie loving it

I'll just use your username then herbie m8.

I know several people on here by their first names, but I tend to use them only in PMs. I agree that it does get a bit cliquey if they're used too much in open forum.

does it really matter if people on here choose to use given names? Sometimes its a hell of a lot easier than typing out some of the usernames that members here pick for themselves.

never been to high school myself to be honest
but but i dont see a problem with not using user names
you will get groups of one sort or another every where you go

I know several people on here by their first names, but I tend to use them only in PMs. I agree that it does get a bit cliquey if they're used too much in open forum.

That was the kind of point I was trying to make. I just didn't word it very well after 8 cans of Carling....

Only 8 ,pmsl.

I'm guilty of calling peeps by their name if I know it but I don't see any harm in it. I do it because I feel I have found something in common with a member and that might have stemed from PM's or in a certain room where I have had many conversations with a member.

Many members use their actual names as usernames so there's no getting away from it.

DW is not a secret society, it's an open forum.

PS: 8 cans of Carling = half can of Stella :). You'll spend more time in the bog pissing than you will getting drunk drinking that shite! ;)

PS: 8 cans of Carling = half can of Stella :). You'll spend more time in the bog pissing than you will getting drunk drinking that shite! ;)

pmsl too true, get a mans drink down you daz lol.

i no some peoples first names but most the time if not all the time i use there username or just shorten the username down if i cant be arsed to type the whole username out.

but tbh, i see no big deal in this but some things do fustrate people more than others.

while im here daz, is that you in your avatar or did you find it somewhere?

(if im rambling ive had 5 or 6 stella which is equivelant to 10-12 or your pocksy carling lol)

Well where I live only women and queers drink Stella.....

while im here daz, is that you in your avatar or did you find it somewhere?

(if im rambling ive had 5 or 6 stella which is equivelant to 10-12 or your pocksy carling lol)

Has mummy and daddy let you have a drink cos its not a school night????

I'm in stitches reading yours and others highly amusing comments...I'll have to start drinking Stella myself if it makes me as funny as you lot!!!!

Has mummy and daddy let you have a drink cos its not a school night????

I'm in stitches reading yours and others highly amusing comments...I'll have to start drinking Stella myself if it makes me as funny as you lot!!!!

ffs mate whats your problem. i was saying i dont use peoples real names and having a joke about the light stuff(carling). im the same with people at work who dont drink stella, kronnenbourg or grolsch. chill out and sober up of your water cans mate

and as mummy and daddy are concerned i phponed them up 175 miles away and asked if i was allowed a drink. calm the fook down will ya.

"big sigh", I really can't see why it would bother you, as long as the people within the thread know who they are addressing then why would if affect anyone else?

Calling someone by their first name shows respect, usernames are like nicknames, but you don't go around calling your brother "Fatty Arbuckle" or your sister "Big Tits", you call them John or Sarah.

I don't see how this can be construed as being 'cliquey', just friendly and respectful.

Oh well, we all have opinions and differences and thats what make us interesting, eh Darren?
:Cheers:

Last edited:
"big sigh", I really can't see why it would bother you, as long as the people within the thread know who they are addressing then why would if affect anyone else?

Calling someone by their first name shows respect, usernames are like nicknames, but you don't go around calling your brother "Fatty Arbuckle" or your sister "Big Tits", you call the John or Sarah.

I don't see how this can be construed as being 'cliquey', just friendly and respectful.

Oh well, we all have opinions and differences and thats what make us interesting, eh Darren?

lmfao, great examples mate pmsl

but i dont agree on the interesting part, thats a direct hit.

Calling someone by their first name shows respect, usernames are like nicknames, but you don't go around calling your brother "Fatty Arbuckle" or your sister "Big Tits", you call them John or Sarah.

That is one of the most insensate answers I've seen in a while!!!

The point is that you are talking to someone who you have never met as though they are a Fatty Arbuckle or Big Tits. That is not a sign of respect when everyone else calls them by their username....more of arrogance that you feel it is acceptable when everyone else uses usernames!!!
If you separate yourself from the way other members address people then this becomes 'cliquey'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back