Update box for movies in PURE N*L

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is there anyone that can confirm if the TB update method has worked for them in the pure ntl area?
Mainly interested to know of anyone who could not enter pin did the update then got them back.
Been searching through the threads and cant find anyone whos got it going in pure.
Personally it wont work for me on my sammy, I have updated the box with tb connected, gained an IP address and can watch interactive films but no pin box.
Dont think it works in pure myself but if it worked for you please post here.

You should be able to get it working on your sammy in pure ntl. I don't have talkback connected and I still get the option to enter the pin. What card are you using as there have been issues reported on the forum with some cards?

Was using a mosc but now got a fun4 in there. Have disconnected tb again now and the box has lost the ip address again. Tb doesnt seem to make any difference to me??

Was using a mosc but now got a fun4 in there. Have disconnected tb again now and the box has lost the ip address again. Tb doesnt seem to make any difference to me??

What firmware do you have, is it the Virgin one or the old Ntl one? I still have the old one and its working fine for me without connecting talkback. The other thing you might to check to see if you have a pin setup in the engineer menu.

im on vm soft 3.5L (langley) with a 2100 and still dont get the pin box option after pressing the red button.
3.5B and CW seem to work though so maybe its regional at the moment

in ex cw.. sammys working
2100 - 3.3 - funs/tit2
2110 - 3.5 - tit2 working

anything less than a sammy in excw seeems to be not working...

sammys ok.. dunno why its intermittent as tb disabled on both boxes.. cant sunderstand the issue to be honest.

looking into it

What firmware do you have, is it the Virgin one or the old Ntl one? I still have the old one and its working fine for me without connecting talkback. The other thing you might to check to see if you have a pin setup in the engineer menu.

Running 3.5L the virgin software. I set a pin in the menu and it says pin active.
Cheers for the help mate but looks like I'm out of luck this time.
Might see if I can get hold of a 4001 box to test.

So so far we got 1 sammy on 3.3l working with talkback cut in pure n*l and a 4001 also with tb cut with unknown software.
Anyone got this tb method to work in pure n*l then?

Hi i am in ntl area 2100 sammy on 3.5L virgin software T/B cut pin not working
pace 4001 on ntl blue software pin working with T/B cut, also my friends pace 4010 in ntl area T/B cut virgin s/ware pin not working, hope this helps...
using sammy 2110 virgin s/ware with T/B still connected pin working as well as on demand, this one is used to test so is not connected to stream all the time....

forgot to say all using rom11 mosc cards

Last edited:
are you on the old ntl(blue) or new virgin software (black/yellow)

are you on the langley platform ie 3.3L , 3.5L

im on the old bue one, how do i get round to updating it?? do i need to enable TB? the person i got the box off has decided not to return my calls, so im pretty stuck atm.

your the same as me mate, that firmware is called CR1, and ive only kept it as that because its so quick, but now it needs 2 be updated in order 2 get these bastard pin protected channels. i.e. connecting TB, but i dont fancy doing this 2 be honest, mainly coz i will probably screw it up and dont fancy messing about with a soldering iron lol. i tried forcing an update before on my box (tb is cut) and it did fcuk all lol, so it looks like reconnecting tb is the only solution at this time.

well if there is anyone in the manc area and willing to do it for me, ill drop them a few quid :) (must be trusted member)

i tried forcing an update before on my box (tb is cut) and it did fcuk all lol, so it looks like reconnecting tb is the only solution at this time.

you need to reverse no up-date mod done to get box to update, it aint nuthin to do with tb

yeah but once youve reversed the no update mod u need 2 attach tb again for it to update properly, i just tried to see if it wud work with my tb cut.

how do i reverse the no update mod?

Last edited:
i have just had an exsperament with a sammy 2100c my mates moded box went to vm 3.5l and did not know the pin but the movie channels were showing a pin box and after 9 just goes straight through when u push the red button plus all ondemand and catch up is working but oviously before 9 u need a pin so i reset the box and entered a new pin and reconnected now the on demand and the catch up are working all time with the pin but now the movie channels says push blue push blue and stays on please wait loading and does nothing so i have come to the conclusion it has to be something stored in the ram as he is on the same network as me and only about 1 mile away what can it be all the settings in the engineers menu apeared the same before and after reset.

Wino mate you have the same as me on me mates box tred every think i can think off and still carnt get the pin to come up so you can put it in, not good m8 my other box with the old software in you only have to hit the blue button and bingo channel is on no problems.

Cheers

i am going to try and change the 24c chip on a 2110 as i have one and another mate has one thats working just to see if it is anything to do with the ram memory which i suspect that it is i will post the results later

Thats very interesting mate, looks like your on to something. Could it be a setting then or something you think?

Back