Tv Licence

Do you have a TV licence??

• Yes, its worth it i watch eastenders allot..

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • No, It's a con...

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • I donate the money to DW..

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I think its ageism as old people get it free..

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might have a bit of trouble with your English Comprehension CHOICE m8. Try reading what he said, slowly this time.

Oh I understand English I just don't understand why he can't show me where I've supposed to have told people not to pay the BBC TV Licence. Instead of trying to attack someone don't you think it would be more interesting to join in the debate and wonder yourself why he can't do that ? It's just an idea like but hey carry on the attacks if you like it's all water off a ducks back with me

I pay my TV licence, but I hardly ever watch the TV, it's a con but it IS the law so I pay it.

Instead of trying to attack someone don't you think it would be more interesting to join in the debate.

No thanks. I have no interest in the topic and please don't accuse me of attacking you. If you read my post you will see that I am only pointing out your failure to have read and understood sausagesoap's post properly.

I suppose the argument works both ways. I want to watch live Premier League football. The only way I can do this is to pay Sky.

not true m8 get yourself a european satellite dish.......much better footy coverage than sly and no monthly sub;)

No thanks. I have no interest in the topic

It really looks that way doesn't it :silly:

No thanks. I have no interest in the topic
and please don't accuse me of attacking you. [/quote]

You've just said you have no interest in this thread yet here you are like magic

If you read my post you will see that I am only pointing out your failure to have read and understood sausagesoap's post properly.

No you've failed to notice he accused me of something yet refused to back himself up

Let's try and keep to the points and not turn this into a slanging match or the thread will be closed.

LOL thats what they want. There saying they have no interest in this thread so why do you think their here. Remember the other thread about closed threads ;)

the way i see it is, as soon as you buy a tv. you become liable to pay for a licence even if you dont watch the bbc. crap.

its a con, another way of gettin money off us.

the way i see it is, as soon as you buy a tv. you become liable to pay for a licence even if you dont watch the bbc. crap.

I reckon the BBCs output is second to none.

Quality has dropped recently due to the publics demand for numbing Reality TV shows, but they are still leaps and bounds ahead of ITV and all those pulp satellite channels.

wasnt the BBC topping the charts this christmas? I think a thread here put me onto that.

They've got the coveted channel slots of 1 & 2 plus have a budget of £3.5 billion (this year) so it's hardly surprising really. The important thing is the viewing figures have been going down for the past ten years while their funding has been rising

if its a choice between the bbc. and the thousands of sat. channels we can currently get i know what i would choose!

anyway there was talk of a dish tax not so long ago, and dont be surprised if thats the next thing.

does anyone know if other european countries pay a tv. licence fee?

hey did someone call me pro tv licence - i happen to think that it is a total con myself, i constantly refer to it as another tax lol.

in this world of reason we live in we elect people to do our bidding, in there infinite wisdom they have seen fit to allow this licence fee to remain same with car tax. i only pay these since it is the law!!! i do not agree with it and would love to see it scrapped. as i am sure would most people, this thread as i tried to say seems to be full of the same old same old. some people will try to skim and some won't and for the fookin record the only programme content on bbc channels i have watched in about 5 years is bloody dr who and i always download that cos i miss it on bbc1 why?? cos the tv is never ever tuned to bbc channels lol.

i purchase tvs new as and when i require them, i myself wouldn't care to do all the arsing about dodging the licence fee to save £11 odd per month, and when my door bell rings i open the door i don't look out the curtains first to make sure it aint the tv licence people lol. that i think you'll find the vast majority can do without. there are a few little things about tv licencing that ennoy me like the way students are hassled to get em when the parents often have them and they are on a low or nill income. i also think oaps should not be exempt from it but thats just cos i got this mental image of hundreds of aops watching eastenders and the queens speech ect lmao i.e they make the most use of the services imo lol.

tbc

in this world of reason we live in we elect people to do our bidding, in there infinite wisdom they have seen fit to allow this licence fee to remain same with car tax.

This is one I keep hearing but the truth is the main parties are afriad of upsetting the left wing minority who really want this to stay. Every public opinion poll shows around 75% want an end to it

i purchase tvs new as and when i require them, i myself wouldn't care to do all the arsing about dodging the licence fee to save £11 odd per month

You could drill it down some more like the BBC PR people do and say 37p a day but the fact is it's still £135.5 till it goes up again next year

and when my door bell rings i open the door i don't look out the curtains first to make sure it aint the tv licence people lol.

Never done that myself I usually say two words and slam the door. I know certian people wont agree with that but hey thats me & the truth can hurt

i also think oaps should not be exempt from it but thats just cos i got this mental image of hundreds of aops watching eastenders and the queens speech ect lmao i.e they make the most use of the services imo lol.

In a small way they don't because the BBC claim it all back from the government so we all pay

I don't actually recall CHOICE telling anyone not to pay the TV licence, although its clear he hasn't got one himself.

As it is illegal to receive a live broadcast without one, telling people not to pay would be incitement and therefore illegal also, which would be against the forum rules.

His main point seems to be that he doesn't see why he should subsidise the viewing habits of those that do watch the BBC. (No, I'm not speaking for you CHOICE. I'm surmising your posts as I've read them)

if its a choice between the bbc. and the thousands of sat. channels we can currently get i know what i would choose!

anyway there was talk of a dish tax not so long ago, and dont be surprised if thats the next thing.

does anyone know if other european countries pay a tv. licence fee?
Yes, see the map in this wikipedia link for a visual breakdown of how the western members fund their state stations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence

thanks little_pob,looks like most of europe pays somethin towards a t.v licence.

thanks little_pob,looks like most of europe pays somethin towards a t.v licence.

Iran, Syria & North Korea have state television too.

I've said before the countries that have it tend to be ones that don't have the vast libraries of shows that English speaking countries have. I know some people will dispute this but would anyone care to tell me how many English speaking countries have a TV Licence excluding this antique we have forced on us ?

Iran, Syria & North Korea have state television too.

I've said before the countries that have it tend to be ones that don't have the vast libraries of shows that English speaking countries have. I know some people will dispute this but would anyone care to tell me how many English speaking countries have a TV Licence excluding this antique we have forced on us ?

Eire
Namibia
South Africa
Mauritius
Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back