Sensible Topic bbc tv licence consultation

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
Thankfully the UK government have now considered all avenues with the BBC outdated TV tax. There is public consultation on going at the moment.
(i left link at bottom)

The consultation is more for the public to put input more into the debate if it should be a criminal offence or civil offence. Me personally, i have very strong views on the licence fee. For one i think the licence fee should be removed completely. I personally feel it is outdated and unfair. Rather than have a consultation on licence fee being criminal or civil offence i really think it should be a complete overhaul of fee all together. With the BBC now asking the pensioners for money and asking people to pay for service they do not want i really do hope this is the first stage of removing the TV tax. As we are in the year 2020 and TV ratings continue to fall year by year as most are now opting into streaming services like youtube, netflix and so on.
Link below is link to public consultation..... sadly its for decriminalising the licence fee, as i would rather see this public consultation push more towards removing the fee altogether and make BBC an opt in, opt out service like netflix and many other services in this new era.

Link below for input for those that want to input to the TV tax.

Consultation on decriminalising TV licence evasion

The licence fee should be abolished full stop.The bbc makes alot of money on the side doing stuff not shown in uk.Adverts seem to be the way forward so that other tv companies (including streaming tv) can compete on a level playing field.
Might also stop them wasting so much money on so called superstars.
There are more repeat programmes than ever before so the money is going somewhere other than our entertainment.

I think the license should be abolished, waste of the courts time for offenders, can cause problems applying for jobs if you have a criminal conviction for TV licence evasion.

I think the license fee should be abolished. BBC only seem to have one or two series a year that I find interesting to watch but could happily do without as much better stuff on Netflix, Amazon Prime and via Torrents / Usenet.

I wouldn't pay the BBC fee now if I had my way but other half watches more live tv than me. I keep meaning to actually move my TV onto another wall at some point so that if i do stop paying for a license and any inspectors turn up that they can't see the TV like they could now.

Reactions: gez
Never had one when I lived on my own. Had a letter once or twice, but nothing more. Wife insists on having one. Agree with the vast majority of comments about it being wasted money, and over paid "stars", just seems like an old boys club to me.

Back