Tv Licence

Do you have a TV licence??

• Yes, its worth it i watch eastenders allot..

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • No, It's a con...

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • I donate the money to DW..

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I think its ageism as old people get it free..

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
These people are thick..

We have the thing set up on direct debit.. money goes out every month.. fine..

Tv Licencing have sent 3 letters over the last 2 months saying the direct debit has been rejected.. No money in account... I beg to differ on that one. we checked online every month and the money has been going out.. so we thought it was and error..

Got another letter saying it was rejected again and that they have cancelled the direct debit.. and as a result the tv licence will expire in April..

So where the fck as my money gone?? 3 x £25...

Ive added a poll on who pays and doesnt.. please vote as i would like to see if ppl pay or not and how they avoid as i think we shouldnt pay as i pay £46 pm for sly... and can live without bbc1/2

It's a dumb (badly worded) poll

I voted yes not because of eastenders but because we have to.

YES WE HAVE A DD SET UP BUT THERES NO OPTION SAYING YES BUT WE DONT WANT TO...

we pay but for what? a load of shite, eastenders isnt worth the fee and that the only yes option, how about an edit to yes but we dont watch eastenders and begrudge paying.

price over the years has gone up and there content has gone down.

im not voting till theres an option i can select.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay each month got so far ahead now iv paid for next years as well, was a little p-ssed off with them as i got a letter saying i was 2.50 in the red yet i was a year ahead.

YES WE HAVE A DD SET UP BUT THERES NO OPTION SAYING YES BUT WE DONT WANT TO...

we pay but for what? a load of shite, eastenders isnt worth the fee and that the only yes option, how about an edit to yes but we dont watch eastenders and begrudge paying.

price over the years has gone up and there content has gone down.

im not voting till theres an option i can select.

Maybe a mods could add this for you.. cant seem to edit the poll :(

I voted yes but again not cos of eastenders, can't fekkin stand it or any of the other poxy soap operas.

I like some stuff the beeb do, nature and wildlife stuff is very good, I also like Coast to coast.

My wife and daughters watch the soaps and all the other crap so it has to be paid for.

I have not voted...as we do pay it (begrudgingly) the only thing we watch the BBC for is Top Gear...

I really don't think that what we pay is worth all the re-runs they put on....

I didnt vote as there is no option saying "We have to pay as it is the law"...

I dont mind paying really, the news is ok and I like the idea of a channel with no ads - its just I wish there were things worth watching on it.

Used to be that the BBC as bastion for documentaries etc,but it seems to be a copy of all the other terrestrial channels now :(

Did any of you know that the BBC also plays a part in controlling Channel 4? Our license fees will also be funding it during the digital switch over in 2009.

The BBC is like the NHS, it was born in a time when it was needed. Its just out of date now and needs rethinking.

I would prefer to scrap the TV license and put ads on the BBC.
Program content is very low and hardly worth the money you pay, but I could say exactly the same about Sky.

as I pointedout above - the license fee doesnt just fund programming on the BBC channels - it also provides funding for the management of Channel 4.

The license fee accounts for 75% of the BBC's funding - a figure I doubt they could get from commercial advertising (any time soon anyway, unless they become a carbon copy of ITV). Dont forget the BBC is the one maintiaing a lot of broadcast equipment in the UK.

Also, and this may warm the hearts of some people here, the UK TV license is one of the very few in Europe that is just a license fee - most of Europe enforces a license as well as using advertising for commercial gain.

:STIG:fantastic 50% dont have a license... i think i just tipped the balance! they shouldn't pay useless tosspots on eastenders half a freakin million & should put more adverts on itv & get them 2 pay 4 it cause i dont watch itv shit, dont have one fecking good program.... bahh humbug!
:nopity:

Last edited:
the poll is confusing

we pay it, but i think its a con

tv license? whats one of them?

come in to inspect my license? ive not got one m8, come in to inspect my telly? you better have a fookin good warrant to get in my front door

detector vans? i know the handheld units only have VERY limited range, i also know they wont pick up any readouts from an LCD screen so youre picking up the neighbours telly m8

id pay for sky pefore i paid for a tv license, and that wont happen either

why dont ya just pay the price for a black and white licence mate at the end of the day aslong as you got one whats the chance there come to see if its black and white or not if you can only adjust colour via your remote say you aint got a remote and make it black and white if they come round

id pay for sky pefore i paid for a tv license, and that wont happen either

i have done.. and to0 there credit .......... they were still Cu**s but even them didn't shop me to bbc.. dont know if goody two shoes bearded wonder :SSEXY: branson will though...

they once phoned up about 7 years ago i told em i was blind (blind drunk that is) & haven't botherd me since tho that fuckin sette has bin biting my arse summet rotten & sayin too busy wankin blah blah blah to get a license dont he know that the bbc are masters of the universe!! & no everybodys dress size etc...

my old man dont even have a tv and he gets hassled every week from tv license place they knock every week trying to catch him out they even put a note through his door saying we know your watching tv as you got a sky dish but that was from when i lived there i he even knoticed them on the balcony acros the road looking through his windows

just wait till it changes to a pc licence

Last edited:
my old man dont even have a tv and he gets hassled every week from tv license place they knock every week trying to catch him out they even put a note through his door saying we know your watching tv as you got a sky dish but that was from when i lived there i he even knoticed them on the balcony acros the road looking through his windows

just wait till it changes to a pc licence

this happened to me, i phoned them up and told them that if they didnt stop harassing me then i would look into legal action against them, their answer was that as i hadnt informed them that i dont need a license then they by law have to check, i said i dont have a shotgun either love, but the police aint spying on me to make sure i havent got one. after some heated words they agreed to leave me alone and gave me a freephone number to ring in case i get any more letters (but i lost the number lol)

ah lol if only we could avoid the tv licence fee.
unfortunately all rental companies, new set suppliers and content broadcasters like virgin and sky are required by law to provide details of any person buying tv's having sky subs or virgin subs. it there little way of cutting down on random walkabouts of staff hoping to get a licence fee dodger.

it aint no big deal i have always paid by DD i think it about £11 per month now, would be nice to feel we get soemthing back for it though lol.

tbc

Its all a big con they take the urine out of us all the bbc programs are shite i pay by DD and have hated there unfair system for years at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
I have often wondered why they dont do as itv does ie adverts but it seems there hell bent on taking us for mugs as some people in the thread have stated you dont even have to watch bbc but you still have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back