Footballers and wages

Give me one week in isolation and I turn into my Mum. Very protective of my digitalworldz distraction and chums 😂

I think at the end of the day public pressure and disgust will force them to take cuts especially when non playing staff are been laid off left right and centre.

A better thing was,
Let the players pay their wages

I think at the end of the day public pressure and disgust will force them to take cuts especially when non playing staff are been laid off left right and centre.

A better thing was,
Let the players pay their wages

I very much doubt public pressure will do anything, these people live in a bubble and half of them can hardly read...

Also now, there is talk of the PL being sued by the Tv companies of other countries due to loss of the season. This is estimated to cost clubs up to 752m! Clubs will not want to lose that money as it will have massive financial implications upon them, and the lower leagues in general.

Some talk of the season restarting, but again the players can refuse due to health reasons, it's going to be a long litigious few months. When it comes to money they only look after #1

Messi and Barca have got the ball rolling pardon the pun, Were early days in here. Wait till were 3 months in and alot of clubs are in the hands of the administrators.

Dont forget, were living in times of doo-gooders. Footballers need to be seen as chocolate, sugar candy coated people who never say the wrong word.
And that Pogba starting a charity for children who suffer from the Corona virus says it all

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Interesting article about this situation. There's a very specific paragraph within the article;

"Explanation for the delay in players accepting pay cuts or, more likely, wage deferrals - including the fact they are financial assets of their clubs in addition to employees and have watertight contracts which, in some cases, expire on 30 June - has cut little ice with many within the general public and also some politicians, who have made their displeasure clear."

Pretty much says it all about footballers and the situation.

As I said it will end up on the moral side and they better or the people who pay their wages might just turn on them.

I can't point it out any clearer. Were facing something we've never faced before, laws are already changing, Police given new powers, so a contract signed by a player at the end of the day might be nothing more than toilet paper if there's no club or fans come December.
Do you think a player will be the fans fav if it's his wage bill that drags the club to the depths ??.

What's happening right now is all new and players will be paid far less theyll have no choice once fans turn on them. Were only 2 weeks in, wait till were 2-3 months in.

Were in new territory here, I'm sure they will have no choice. You can't pull the wool over Joe Public, just look at Brexit

The fans

Wait till Sky legally try to recoup money from the clubs, let's see what happens then with players wages when thats gone

As I said it will end up on the moral side and they better or the people who pay their wages might just turn on them.

I can't point it out any clearer. Were facing something we've never faced before, laws are already changing, Police given new powers, so a contract signed by a player at the end of the day might be nothing more than toilet paper if there's no club or fans come December.
Do you think a player will be the fans fav if it's his wage bill that drags the club to the depths ??.

What's happening right now is all new and players will be paid far less theyll have no choice once fans turn on them. Were only 2 weeks in, wait till were 2-3 months in.

Were in new territory here, I'm sure they will have no choice. You can't pull the wool over Joe Public, just look at Brexit

The fans

Wait till Sky legally try to recoup money from the clubs, let's see what happens then with players wages when thats gone

Fans have short memories... Whilst you may have a case for the lower leagues, the PL players will just take their services elsewhere imo. What we're entering is a litigations time.

Back