Tried 4 different firmwares still no ZeeTV after scan !

rp3X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im not having much joy today, managed to flash the latest firmware and it said successful with the Version 6 release, deleted/and factory settings 3 times now and run a full scan, its finding pretty much every channel as usual accept the only channel in the house the family watches and thats ZeeTV !

I swear someones playing a game with me today !

Anyhow tried switching it on and off, leaving it off or on standbye I thought perhaps leaving it on for a bit it would sorta kick in and update and display but nope still no ZeeTV !

And yes ive clicked the white button and gone to Show All channels, ive heard the new firmware has tuner issues so tried 4 earlier ones including the one that was working before and still no joy.

Any ideas on what im doing wrong ? Cos I feel like a right idiot perhaps I shouldnt have flashed it cos it was fine before!

Try putting the input cable into the output and see if that bring it back or if its a bad day try again tomorrow.

tmc

always a bad day m8 ;)

Anyhow fixed it

For some reason ZeeTV is showing up fine just under the name of TV158 ?!

only took 8hrs to suss that one oh well lol

Gonna update the firmware again, give everyone I know a pre-warning......:proud:

Just goes to show you if a channels missing or simply not showing the most obvious is that its just under a different name/tag

Perhaps we need a channel draft and sticky it

Ill put 1st one in

TV158 = Zeetv

sonyTV was TV158
TCM is TV160
TV236 I think one of the BBC channels cos it was showing eastenders at 12pm+

Hard to tell what these channels are since they dont have no logos or anything!

Anyhow if anyones missing channels I suggest they look thru the TV*** listings !

Hmm Zeetv now reports scrambeled.
Oh well another day of rescanning me thinks

Anyone got any ideas, I know all was good when Zeetv was getting detected as zeetv and not tv158 or other....

Its like God himself has look down upon me and said the only channel you watch and need is the one ill not put on your box :(

Hmm Zeetv now reports scrambeled.
Oh well another day of rescanning me thinks

Anyone got any ideas, I know all was good when Zeetv was getting detected as zeetv and not tv158 or other....

Its like God himself has look down upon me and said the only channel you watch and need is the one ill not put on your box :(

Are you definately in a Digital area?

You could try scanning on someone else's cable feed (in your area) to see if that works.

I scanned a friends Dbox yesterday. He is in an Analogue area and wasn't getting Star channels. I scanned on Digital feed and he now gets them on his analogue feed.

Scanning a digital box on an analogue feed gets very few channels.

hers an idea, it might not work as im not an expert, so please dont flame me.

when you scan a dbox, it gets a bouquet and service file. is there the equivelent on the krypt box?

if there is can it be copied and edited from an area with the same service files as you?

then with a bit of magic copy it and put on your box.

it can be done with a dbox, what im saying is can it be done with a kryptview?

hers an idea, it might not work as im not an expert, so please dont flame me.

when you scan a dbox, it gets a bouquet and service file. is there the equivelent on the krypt box?

if there is can it be copied and edited from an area with the same service files as you?

then with a bit of magic copy it and put on your box.

it can be done with a dbox, what im saying is can it be done with a kryptview?

Channel Dumps can be copied Back to Back (Box to Box) or Uploaded and Downloaded via the Loader.

Box to Box is:

Menu
Instalation
Data Download
SW Transfer
Channel Data

there you go it can be done. so why not try that? get a service file from your area dump it on.

thx ill use that as a last resort ;)

Still puzzeled by this all but for now zeetv is holding it just came up under another channel again after another rescan.

long as it dont vanish its all good....

kryptview

sonyTV was TV158
TCM is TV160
TV236 I think one of the BBC channels cos it was showing eastenders at 12pm+

Hard to tell what these channels are since they dont have no logos or anything!

Anyhow if anyones missing channels I suggest they look thru the TV*** listings !

I have the same problem. If I go back to old software 09/01/08 all listings are correct. When I updated to the 04/04/08 software all above happens. I'm sure TMC will do something to cure this.

Yes this will be fixed in the next release. We are looking into it now.

tmc

I have the same problem. If I go back to old software 09/01/08 all listings are correct. When I updated to the 04/04/08 software all above happens. I'm sure TMC will do something to cure this.

Thx thought I was going mad

But its strange cos I didnt have this issue at all with 2-3 odd beta firmwares between feb-april, I tried the 09/01/08 firmware edit didnt try that 09/01/08 one the downloads corrupted !

Either way looks like there on the case :)

Back