Town moves against Islamic school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think that a school for 1500 pupils when there are hardly any muslims in the area is not drastic?
Do you think the school should be allowed to open and if so why?
Why do you call Australians ignorant and racist?

I didn't expect all this Aussie bashing when I started the thread. I guess muslims dont like them because they are not a walk in the park like the British.

Its all very easy labelling them as racist from 10k miles away when most of you that post such offensive text have probably never been there or have no Aussie friends and family. In this instance protectionist yes, racist no chance. It's ignorant to post such things.

in about 8-10 years im moving over there with my family should the kids wish to come :) be a qualified doctor (truma A+E) by then and wife will be a midwife :) so will be able to move there.. cant be no worse than this country can it lol

I know a few ozzies, there far from racist... they just dont take the shat we do..!

Why dont they build it where theres lots of room. They could build a 10million person school there then.

Wha really gets up my jiff is when they wear their ninja costumes. But they wear them EVERYWHERE. /me points to "Child/Teenage member". Now a lot of teens in teh UK have had a lot of stick for hoodie/yob culture. I walk down the road with my hood up and I see sometimes people hurry up when they see me. Not being the 6ft 4 beast that I am though...

But why doesn't a muslim woman have to take off her hijab or whatever its called in various security concious places. Post office, banks etc. (I know its against Muslim law to use a normal bank account. They dont agree with Intrest)

There are always news reports about how catholic kids are being told they cant wear a crucifix because of "Health and Safety" what about Muslim children wearing headscarves. You could rip their head off with one of those.

Not taking the piss here but have you lot ever seen the film "Field of dreams"....if you build it they will come

What has that got to do with this thread...well maybe thats what the residents of that town are afraid of, for whatever reason they just may fear that if its built then their town will start to have homes built for the parents to leave near the school. I am not saying its right or wrong as I don't live there but the residents should have a say in it.

"Everywhere is being destroyed. Why don't we tell the truth. They're wrecking Australia. They're taking us over," she said.

"Why hasn't anyone got any guts? They've got terrorists amongst 'em... They want to be here so they can go and hide in all the farm houses... This town has every nationality... but Muslims do not fit in this town. We are Aussies, OK."

Some of the loudest cheers of the night greeted a speech from a local man in his late 70s.

"Can I just say this without being racist or political?" he said. "In 1983, in the streets of London a parade by Muslims chanted incessantly 'If we can take London, we can take the world'. Don't let them take Camden."

Hi

Ive been reading this thread and some of it is funny some makes sense and some dont. I`m a muslim and whilst I agree that its not needed in the campden community they should oppose it on grounds justifying their not wanting it but its the comments listed above that has made it look racist.

Im sure when they oppssed McDonalds proposal and other projects they did not come out with comments that escalate the argument but came out with comments that backed up their campaign.

I have got aussie friends and they are nice people but some of the comments against muslims on here are out of order just because of some minority element.

Arnt there some form of trouble makers in all societies, do peope paint them all with the same brush.

At the moment it seems to me that anything muslim or to do with Islam is seen with contempt because of the acts of a few.

Regards

Why dont they build it where theres lots of room. They could build a 10million person school there then.

Wha really gets up my jiff is when they wear their ninja costumes. But they wear them EVERYWHERE. /me points to "Child/Teenage member". Now a lot of teens in teh UK have had a lot of stick for hoodie/yob culture. I walk down the road with my hood up and I see sometimes people hurry up when they see me. Not being the 6ft 4 beast that I am though...

But why doesn't a muslim woman have to take off her hijab or whatever its called in various security concious places. Post office, banks etc. (I know its against Muslim law to use a normal bank account. They dont agree with Intrest)

There are always news reports about how catholic kids are being told they cant wear a crucifix because of "Health and Safety" what about Muslim children wearing headscarves. You could rip their head off with one of those.

Here we go, another di*k who hasn't a clue... "ninja costumes"?? Are you thick? isn't this stereotyping ???

What about nuns that wear costumes? would it be right for me to say they look like KKK? No it doesnt coz i aint a dumb, an estate pu*f and thick as dog sh*t guy like you.

If a female was walking across the street and had a fooking mini skirt and her ti*s sticking out then theres more chance of her getting raped, abused and pervy stares...... if a female is fully covered most likely guys like you wouldn't even give her another look... so females can securley walk the streets without getting any hassle or trouble... o

There are some very intelligent and understanding BRITISH people but you're far from this.....

Last edited:
I guess muslims dont like them because they are not a walk in the park like the British.

I think you have hit the nail on the head mate, speak up and you're damned shut up and you're doomed.

So what if the community at large wants it to stay the it is, so what if they don't want a McDonald's. The story is about the expression of public opinion and the only reason it has really come to light is because the school was earmarked for Muslim/Islamic use. Would it have made national/international news if it were to be a school for Jews, Catholics, Christians, I think not.

Here we go, another di*k who hasn't a clue... "ninja costumes"?? Are you thick? isn't this racism???

What about nuns that wear costumes? would it be right for me to say they look like from the KKK? No it doesnt coz i aint a dumb, an estate pu*f and thick as dog sh*t guy like you.

If a female was walking across the street and had a fooking mini skirt and her ti*s sticking out then theres more chance of her getting raped, abused and pervy stares...... if a female is fully covered most likely guys wouldn't even give her another look... so female can securley walk the streets without getting any hassle or trouble... o

There are some very intelligent and understanding BRITISH people but you're far from this.....

from reading your posts you dont seem to be british to me.. so therefore how the fook can you know how we feel about the country ?

If i walk into a bank with a crash helmet on, fingers are on panic buttons... if a muslim lady walks into a bank, its fine... whats the difference ? NONE

A nun looking like the KKK is quite funny really ! Im sure someone will make a movie on it one day.

As for women being raped, no doubt it..! I live near romford and used to go there alot, lots of young girls in whats no more than a belt most the time.. do they get raped.. do they fook..!

Its called respect... if your society needs to cover up to stop the women being raped then i suggest you start to teach your people that is not the way things are done.

When in rome do as the romans do, this is BRITIAN... where BRITISH culture is a way of life, the british have not gone to a islam nation and changed there way of life by building churchs and wearing priests clothing have they NO !
If muslim's dont wish to follow the british way of life then dont stay in Britian mate...!
Take that how you wish, You couldnt go to Iran and demand they change there way of life as you think there all racist...! they'd fooking hang you, if they liked you that is..!

Get real ffs... This is england not fooking Baghdad

Here we go, another di*k who hasn't a clue... "ninja costumes"?? Are you thick? isn't this stereotyping ???

What about nuns that wear costumes? would it be right for me to say they look like KKK? No it doesnt coz i aint a dumb, an estate pu*f and thick as dog sh*t guy like you.
@ beany_123456

This is your first and only warning, That is a personal attack and will not be tolerated, anymore and you will find yourself banned, if you cannot discuss things in an adult manner without insults then do not post, and that goes to everyone, keep it on topic and keep it friendly

Well I say good on yer sports. If ever I immigrate to Australia I know where I want to live flagwave

what the fook is all the fuss about????

if there are no muslims in the town why build a school there?

what they should of done is go round the community and asked people how they felt about a proposed school and if no one agrees find somewere else.

and the hijab is a head scarf

a niqab is the full thing that covers eyes

in islam i dont know were its written that u have to were a niqab .etc

headscarf im ok with
but niqab i think is too much. bit like drawing attention but its the persons choice.

and before someone says anything im a born and bred british muslim and i cant see what the fuss is about.

I think this thread has reflected what is currently happening here in the UK.

We have people who lived here all their life who are not racists but have started to foster racists views because of what they are seeing happening to their country.

We have in one corner, muslims who are trying to to live in this country in peace but are persecuted because of the actions of some of their peers.

Who do I blame?

1. THE GOVERMENT - for removing the values that made this country great to try and accomodate everyone and because they feared being labelled racists.
2. Immigrants who come here and not try to integrate but rather tries to change and create their own communities.
3. Racists - enough said about them - they wouldnt understand anyway.
4. Media - I think that they are fanning the tension i.e. there are muslims who oppose terrorism, bad things associated to muslims etc but they are not shown.

I myself am catholic and came here when I was 8 yrs old. My parents came here many years before that to basically make a living and the values that this country showed was what attracted them here in the first place i.e. people more or less grew up with Christian values. I feel very british, to be honest very english and am proud even if on the odd occassion I receive racist remarks from morons who still thinks that the world is flat.

I really do not understand people who choose to migrate somewhere and then tries to change that place. That causes resentment and tension. It is like moving into someones house and demanding to change things.

To those who resent these people, please do not go and paint everyone with the same brush but rather channel your effort in making the politicians listen (tough I know but we have to try) else we just move out - but why and when does it stop?

sorry about the long post - just had to say my bit as things like this DO NEED TO BE DISCUSSED but in a respectful manner.

what the fook is all the fuss about????

if there are no muslims in the town why build a school there?

what they should of done is go round the community and asked people how they felt about a proposed school and if no one agrees find somewere else.

and the hijab is a head scarf

a niqab is the full thing that covers eyes

in islam i dont know were its written that u have to were a niqab .etc

headscarf im ok with
but niqab i think is too much. bit like drawing attention but its the persons choice.

and before someone says anything im a born and bred british muslim and i cant see what the fuss is about.

finally a sensible person,someone who can help this thread from a diffrent prospective,a muslim who sees that there are defo some occasions where common sense could avoid risky subjects,

going slightly of the main topic,the subject of muslim dress has always puzzled me,ive heard on many occasions regarding the headwear situation involving the niqab that it isn,t actually a compulsory item so could fes_786 plz give me the facts on why some muslim ladies where them and for what reason if he knows,and possibly give a more in depth opinion on the origional story as his views seem more adult like than certain other muslim posters

Who do I blame?

1. THE GOVERMENT - for removing the values that made this country great to try and accomodate everyone and because they feared being labelled racists.
2. Immigrants who come here and not try to integrate but rather tries to change and create their own communities.

When you have the PMs wife our very own Cherie Blair representing a girl (in the head scarf case) who is supported by islamic fundamentalists, just so that labour can attract the muslim vote, we can accuse our very own government of being hypocrites. The lure of power for Tony Blair sold the British out.

Muslims by failing to integrate and by wanting to just live in their own communities have segregated themselves from the rest of the UK immigrant population as well as the British. While other religions such as Hindu's and Sikh's have prospered, muslims have become the UK's underclass by choice and/or ostracised due to a cumulative effect of the above.

They are not opening the school for the town people - if the law of the land state that schools can be built where ever they like then why can't muslims build a school where they want. Are the muslims that are building the school not aussie themselves. Otherwise, what you are suggesting is the same as apartided in south africa.

Edit: OK say the muslims move they school to another town and the people say that they don't want it - where does it all stop.

i got an idea tell them to feck of to a muslim country and take thier stupid islamic laws with them . oh btw my niece and nephew are muslim . niether of them went to a muslim school and she never wore no bloody tent over her . they fit in here as both said this is a christian country .

Muslims by failing to integrate and by wanting to just live in their own communities have segregated themselves from the rest of the UK immigrant population as well as the British. While other religions such as Hindu's and Sikh's have prospered, muslims have become the UK's underclass by choice and/or ostracised due to a cumulative effect of the above.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

i got an idea tell them to feck of to a muslim country and take thier stupid islamic laws with them . oh btw my niece and nephew are muslim . niether of them went to a muslim school and she never wore no bloody tent over her . they fit in here as both said this is a christian country .

be carefull my friend,little harsh in my opinion,telling people just to basicaly sod of back to where you came from is risky!!

If a female was walking across the street and had a fooking mini skirt and her ti*s sticking out then theres more chance of her getting raped, abused and pervy stares...... if a female is fully covered most likely guys like you wouldn't even give her another look... so females can securley walk the streets without getting any hassle or trouble... o

You complain about stereotyping In my post.
Then this is in your post
No it doesnt coz i aint a dumb, an estate pu*f and thick as dog sh*t guy like you.
Stereotypical contradiction maybe? And no im not a dumb and thick as dog shit guy from an estate.

Now unlike most people in this country. I understand a lot of Islamic tradition and about their religion. And i agree with a majority of what the Qu'ran states. (The Qur'an is the holy book of Islam, If anybody doesnt know). They are more centered towards family life and life as a whole. They agree with most fertility treatments whereas Christianity BAN most. I have spent the last 5 years studying Catholic Christianity and Islam concurrently.

Now this is what Im talking about
http://isaacschrodinger.typepad.com/isaacschrodinger/images/2007/03/24/muslim_woman_id.jpg

Im guessing thats been photoshopped but what Im trying to say is stated (A picture tells a thousand words). How can you have a positive idea of who anybody is wearing a Hijab. It just shows with the failed bombings in London. One of the bombers ran off into the station's toilets and changed his clothes into a full Muslim traditional clothing to avoid detection.

Now look around the area that I live in. It is very close to a majority Islam community. There is a Mosque that backs nearly onto my house.

Yet again stereotyping. How do you know that I am some crazed rapist peadophile. How do you know she is even the right sex for me?

And you are quite obviously one of them? Now Mr Hawking. Explain to be the Tritation Calculations. Or basic of Nuclear Fission?

While we are on the subject of Muslims.

What about the £14Million from the goverment that is given to Muslim communities to stop radicalisation.
Wouldnt that be better being inputted into youth projects where young muslims can be involved. Killing two birds with one stone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back