tom tom freezing

zaf2002

Inactive User
Reaction score
My tom tom is keep freezing, I have HP4700 pda, does anyone know any solution, my friend said I need an update file ppcupd510.exe, any idea whereI can get that from. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

It will be your memory card is too slow, you will need a minimum of a x80 speed.

Mine used to do the same thing until a got a faster card

Sometimes having to many points of interest will freeze your Tomtom.Try and disable a few of the features.

Thanks guys I am gonna try one by one. First I am gonna try to download that file, if that does work, then I may have to disable point of interests. I use SD card, can I use XDA card instead?

Thanks guys I am gonna try one by one. First I am gonna try to download that file, if that does work, then I may have to disable point of interests. I use SD card, can I use XDA card instead?

I know someone with a similar problem and they disabled all the annoying poi like mcdonalds and selected the obvious ones you need.Maybe switching to a larger card would help.

well Update did not worked, because I bought this from a friend I guess this is not L**** copy, so I have no AC* code. Wellwell well, I am gonna try to remove some POIs thanks guys..

Well guys deleting POI did the trick, thanks so much, you dont know how much it means to me , because I am in London for while week and travelling all over the place, without TOM TOM I would have been lost....Thanks again.

Deleting POI's does help but also reducong the amount of info on displays speeds it up too. Try removing things like current speed, compass, arrival time, etc...

Back