Tom Tom 6

where to ?

Is there any way of upgrading the postcode search to the full postcode search?

seems to run well gave it a try last nite, the warnings to turn at a round about are given abit more in advance now compared to older version 5s Ive noticed, but didnt see much else different

Anyone else notice anything new apart from the new colours?

Ok I figured out how to get a 7 digit uk postcode to work.

1) download the file http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/475/

2) unrar the file to the root of your sd card where all your tomtom files are on the sd card.

3) to test if it worked just go Navigate to > address > postcode and then type in the full post code! The name of the full street name should show up now

it will also work for all version 5's and i guess on the version 3's (not checked that version tho)

enjoy! The postcode file is that used on version 5.21 so its fairly up to date.

Jay77

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I figured out how to get a 7 digit uk postcode to work.

1) download the file http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/475/

2) unrar the file to the root of your sd card where all your tomtom files are on the sd card.

3) to test if it worked just go Navigate to > address > postcode and then type in the full post code! The name of the full street name should show up now

it will also work for all version 5's and i guess on the version 3's (not checked that version tho)

enjoy! The postcode file is that used on version 5.21 so its fairly up to date.

Jay77

Hi,

I have tried to get the 7 digit postcode search to work.
Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in achieving this.

I am using Tom Tom 5.21 and have tried to unrar the file to the root of my SD card.
This creates a folder called 'zip' which contains the 2 files in question.
I have also copied the 2 files from the zip folder to the root of my SD card.
Both ways does not give me the 7 digit postcode search functionality. I also copied the files to the map folder. This did not work either.

I goto 'Navigate To..' > 'Postcode' and type in the full 7 digit postcode. The results do not give me street name, just the normal general location [i.e. SL6 9 (Maidenhead)].

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
try unraring the file to your desktop, i placed the file called 'ZIP' with the two files in it on the root of the sd card where the map file is.

when I unrared the file to my desktop i noticed it created a file labled 'Zip' and within it another file called 'Zip' which contains the two files, its that file you need to copy.

This should work on tomtom 5.2.1 as thats where the file was orginally from

Its working on Tomtom6 as I tried removing the file to test and it reverts back to the basic postcode search.

Has anyone else had any success?

Jay77

Its a shame in their press releases and latest news TomTom said Navigator and Mobile are going to be merged to TomTom 6 which is for PDA's and Smartphones, so 6 should work with the N80, N73... However this release is just for PDAs :) hopefully a mobile version will be released and cracked quickly too lol, really funny thing is I cant even find anywhere at the moment to purchase this even on their site but its already been cracked lol :)

postcode and voice`s

the voice & zip folders need placing in your program files/navigator folder on you PDA....this is the only way i could get them to work...just copy the english voices 4 & 5 so it don`t take much room up..works for me

I found that my voice files had been corrupted, by reading the data.vif file in notepad it was all gobbledegook, I then checked a backed up voice file in notepad and that read ok giving u the name of the person and language. So all I did then was delete the voice files out of program files>navigator>voices, and just copy and paste just 2 or 3 voice files u need using active sync and it worked. Also I didnt need to delete the .ini file either as previously suggested in this thread, you will find the .ini file will reinstall itself by default no matter how often u delete it. This was done on a Dell Axim X30.

Last edited:
the voice & zip folders need placing in your program files/navigator folder on you PDA....this is the only way i could get them to work...just copy the english voices 4 & 5 so it don`t take much room up..works for me

Hi,

Thx for your help.
I still couldn't get the postcode search to work either by putting the zip folder in:
\program files\navigator
\tomtom
\My Documents\tomtom
root of the SD Card

Any ideas?

Thanks

I click on the link. Type in the code.. click download... wait 30 secs then Internet Explorer crashes for me. Is there anywhere else I can download UK maps V6.5? Cheers

This says it is the wrong version.

I am trying to install it on an Ipaq HW6915 with Windows Mobile 5
It has a built in GPS head. Any ideas? It has TT5 pre installed with 1 town map.

Cheers.

This says it is the wrong version.

I am trying to install it on an Ipaq HW6915 with Windows Mobile 5
It has a built in GPS head. Any ideas? It has TT5 pre installed with 1 town map.

Cheers.

Try uninstalling the tomtom5 before you try and load the install program...

I click on the link. Type in the code.. click download... wait 30 secs then Internet Explorer crashes for me. Is there anywhere else I can download UK maps V6.5? Cheers

which link are you using pmoore31? try the original mega upload on firefox if you got it installed?

Try uninstalling the tomtom5 before you try and load the install program...

I can't uninstall it as it is not in the list of APPS. So, I have removed the only map I have downloaded and will try again. Are you sure it is compatable?

I have it working on my ipaq 6515, try putting tomtom5.2.1 on there if that works tomtom6 should hopefully be ok

its not listed here but neither is mine

Last edited:
which link are you using pmoore31? try the original mega upload on firefox if you got it installed?

cheers jay 77. Managed to get the map.

Anyone else had this problem says 'Your device is not compatible with this version of TomTom Navigator'

I have just uninstalled tomtom 5 and that was working fine. Got a Navman pin 570 running Microsoft Pocket PC version 4.20.0. Any pointers please...

Last edited:
Installing TT6 seems to have taken a fair bit of memory up on my Dell Axim X30, If I go to remove programs this is the list I am presented with.
TomTom 6 2day by ifalleni
TomTom Navigator 6 by ifalleni
TomTom Navigator
TomTom Contacts Navigation
TomTom~Bluetooth Support
Can any of these be removed and is one of them TT5, thanks in advance.

Back