TMC Jtag 4010-N no go!!! correct points

it would be nice to c how u got on m8 so that others can learn ?

jtag

Hi again sorry for late reply been away not much progress two different cables now and non work and im pretty confident the soldering is okay im not that bad,, so im guessing that faulty jtag in my eyes,, had it for a while from TMC never got round to using until know bad luck, but have a pogo jtag on order from tailor made circuits TMC, see how that goes but unfortunately seems to be a little slow with shipping as ordered over two weeks ago and no show and not replying to mails any one ordered from them recently.

Last edited:
Hi again sorry for late reply been away not much progress two different cables now and non work and im pretty confident the soldering is okay im not that bad,, so im guessing that faulty jtag in my eyes,, had it for a while from TMC never got round to using until know bad luck, but have a pogo jtag on order from tailor made circuits TMC, see how that goes but unfortunately seems to be a little slow with shipping as ordered over two weeks ago and no show and not replying to mails any one ordered from them recently.

h mate i had the same problem with a di4000n after much fooking about the way i found around it was to start off with your pc powered off (important), connect your jtag to your parallel cable and power lead to your box, boot the box into the engineers menu, then boot up your pc start the mac driver then open sdt choose model 4000/4010 hit connect then hit dump keys this gave me the ird & bk
give it a go i hope it works for you

okay quick update just start off with a thank you for all the replys,, but still bad news im afraid still running into problemes I got hold of a Ten-way pogo jtag in end and thought this would sort it but no luck nothing same stupid error message Keep getting no connection error internal error 43 .

I have attempted to try the pogo JTAG out on a second other box to test and still nothing so dont think the box has a issue considereing all this resoldering may have damaged connec on the orginal.

I may attempt to connect the JTAG on to another PC see of its a windows issue but unfortunatly the other PC have dosent have a parallel port so I was thinking of purchasing somthing like this to go with pogo Jtag what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120071874665&rd=1&rd=1

Is there a simple way to check the settings are correct on the parallel port and active so that windows isnt the hole problem for this issue im having?

not 100% sure as i have not used one from tmc but the one i had from jabsplace i had to link pins 8 & 15 on the parallel cable as i said wait for a reply from someone as i am not 100% sure if that going to be the case with one from tmc

That PCI card will be fine.Ae you sure the cable from the pc to the jtag is wired 1 to 1?
You can send it to me for checking if you want, for the cost of return postage.

okay quick update just start off with a thank you for all the replys,, but still bad news im afraid still running into problemes I got hold of a Ten-way pogo jtag in end and thought this would sort it but no luck nothing same stupid error message Keep getting no connection error internal error 43 .

I have attempted to try the pogo JTAG out on a second other box to test and still nothing so dont think the box has a issue considereing all this resoldering may have damaged connec on the orginal.

I may attempt to connect the JTAG on to another PC see of its a windows issue but unfortunatly the other PC have dosent have a parallel port so I was thinking of purchasing somthing like this to go with pogo Jtag what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120071874665&rd=1&rd=1

Is there a simple way to check the settings are correct on the parallel port and active so that windows isnt the hole problem for this issue im having?

could be a bios issue m8, make sure your settings are correct for the p/port

FIVE, there should be a link on the JTAG pcb between pins 8 and 15. Jabs definitely doesn't have it, but I think TMC does....

I think I call it a day hello again talks about long winded. Okay this is it I obtained a pogo jtag as posted before and recently added a new PCI PARALLEL 1PORT CARD as thought this would be the fix with the pogo all so and guess what nothing same as the start same error message nothing pointless tried x2 boxes same thing completely out of ideas tryes all the tricks.

I know understand the point 8 & 15 point connect for jtag thing but seems the TMC all ready has the points joined ,,theres a electrical motherboard line imbedded into jtag coming from point 8 & 15 clearly looks like all ready tsorted so think TMC all ready makes ready to go. But could be wrong does any one know who owns a TMC Jtag and is 100% sure that point 8 & 15 are all ready joined and no need to modify and has got a TMC working straight out of box. ?

I think I call it a day hello again talks about long winded. Okay this is it I obtained a pogo jtag as posted before and recently added a new PCI PARALLEL 1PORT CARD as thought this would be the fix with the pogo all so and guess what nothing same as the start same error message nothing pointless tried x2 boxes same thing completely out of ideas tryes all the tricks.

I know understand the point 8 & 15 point connect for jtag thing but seems the TMC all ready has the points joined ,,theres a electrical motherboard line imbedded into jtag coming from point 8 & 15 clearly looks like all ready tsorted so think TMC all ready makes ready to go. But could be wrong does any one know who owns a TMC Jtag and is 100% sure that point 8 & 15 are all ready joined and no need to modify and has got a TMC working straight out of box. ?

HiYa,

Yes TMCs usully work straight out of the tin M8, Yes 8 & 15 are connected.
Don't really know what to suggest M8 apart from can you get an old system to use? (I use my old win 98 one alot less agro)

does your pci card have netmos or something similar on it? it does in the ebay pic but check the one you actually got. if it is the netmos one, i bought one of dabs and that diddnt work, but as i said earlier the jtag works fine on my neighbours pc. on board parallel.

ive tryed on 3 different pc with the straight PARALLEL 1PORT nothing but it could be that they are unable compatable with the jtag very unlucky does it have to be a straight 1 to 1 a DB25 Male to Female cable ,, I have to have another look at the pci card i have see what says but would be helpful if someone posted a module that they have that 110% work reconize the TMC jtag be a better start as the matter prob lays in this. What about the cable itself a DB25 they all the same nothing diff there....

All so heard a rumour that the power cord that plugs into the 4010 box sometimes has a jtag prob issue make unreconize but think its rubbish.

never heard about the power lead thing.

when i first got my jtag i tried it on three different pc's and also bought a pci card and it diddnt work on any of them. ive only managed to get it to work on two pc's my neighbours and a mates. wait for somebody to post which card works 100%.

There are different parallel cables. Try connecting the jtag straight in the back of the pc- remove the 2 screws and take off the silver plate from the JTAG. Bit of a fiddle to connect the jtag, but it eliminates a cable problem.

thanks for the more post the straight connect jtag without cable is a good idea but even thow I mentioned the DB25 straight cable I really dont think myself its not the issue im certain it lays with the card its self and for any one who has a probleme ,,Best idea as said would if someone could just post a 100% working card.as still trying no other comps to test with .

Im certain the Jtags not liking certain chip sets for the parellel port Cards save alot of time jumping from computer to computer. still not fixed yet please help.

Are laptops just a no no then for connecting Jtags sure I heard in previous post about them waste of time with the reconizing jtag and box ? is this true any one had success. ps still after a working PCI PARALLEL 1PORT CARD .that reconizes.

Laptops are FINE so long as they are fitted with a parallel printer port.I use a Sony Vaio and it works fine. I have to use a USB to com port adapter and that works fine too.( no com port on a Vaio)

hi m8 same prob as you got my jtag pogo from tmc about a month ago tride everything you have diffrent computers and boxses mine for the sammy and i get the same error as you

Last edited:
Back