Skymax Eurovox jtag Problem

Diddy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there peeps. I have a "strange problem that has only recently happened with skymax2. I have successfully flashed 2 eurovox's using a jtag bought from TMC......thanks for that. But since trying to be a "hero" and do number 3 i have encountered the following problems.
1. Start up Skymax - Reports before starting "Parallel Port Could Not Be Opened".
2. Try to Flash same message as in 1
3. Try to close program - returns an error "Privileged Instruction" - Program will only close using CTRL+ALT+DEL

I have "googled" these failure messages and have come across mention of this happening using skymax - but until now i still have not found a "fix".

Question - Anyone had this happen ? What did you do to get things back to normal ?

PS - I have tried Jkeys but its as if the trap wont open - obv we usually fix this by using skymax but......
Im pretty sure this is windows related as even if i dont connect the jtag interface to my laptop i still get the same error messages when trying to open up skymax. Oooo my head hurts.....Any help would be much appreciated.

I have flashed over 20 Eurovox's, both Blue, Red & Black ones but I never use Skymax, I always use Jkeys 1.3.3 for Red & Blue box's and Jkeys 2.9.11 for the Black box's (time has taught me this).

Some are straight forward and flash OK but others throw up errors at the start and refuse to let Jkeys see them. As you say a work-around at first was to open Skymax 1.3 then open Jkeys and hopefully flash the unit.

On the last 3, I done (2 weeks ago) I kept getting the errors and 3 days of hair pulling and unable to flash the units drove me to look at the units in another light.
I had always wondered what the Jumper/Link pins 'JP302' on the main board (beside the 2 ribbon cables and next to diode 'D301') were for and my gut feeling was that they worked like the CMOS clear jumper on a PC motherboard (erased the memory). So I unplugged the mains from one of the box's, placed a short across the 2 pins, powered back up the eurovox and took the short off after about 5 seconds. I then used Jkeys to flash the box and bingo it worked first time. I then done the same on the other 2 eurovox's and they both flashed the first time.
My hunch was correct and I can't wait to try another dead box.

Dolphin

Hey dolphin thanks for the tip. I will give that a go in a little while. Will report back on the success/failure. I was even considering drastic action like re-installing xp on my lappy lol. Well needs must - otherwise i'll need to sell my "superhero" t-shirt to a more deserving case lol. :proud:

Yes it would be nice to see if it works for anyone else Diddy, and if it does you can play the real super hero then.

Lets know.

Dolphin

Update - sorry I forgot to update earlier. The above "jumper reset" didnt work. I still have the same error re - skymax parallel port problem ect. But tried the jumper reset - but unfortunately it didn't do the job for this particular dead box. Thanks anyway for the tip.

Try running Skymax as administrator in windows by right clicking on the .exe file.
I have to do this in Vista to get it to work.

Back