JTAG Wiring ?

Partycan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok i have got a JTAG from AtmelAce only all the tuts show different colors for wiring it to the box, im stook lol for wot to wire it as.

Box is a pace DI4010-N and have on the JTAG colors as follows =

vcd = yellow
tms = green
tck = blue
tdi = red
tdo = black
gnd = white

? what go's where as all the wireings are different colors from wot i can see in the tut's iv'e red .
Arso on the JTAG cable that solders to the box it has pointed pins on it that push in and out, ? do i just hold them in place on the solder points on the box or do i use some solder and solder them in the points on the box's motherboard.

Cheers for any help as im stook lol.

Arrrrrhhhhhhhhhh it's a NON soldering JTAG. Forget the colours!!!! Forget soldering!!!
Just push the pins onto the pads ( the RIGHT pads) and away you go- read with BKE/SDT /OCD, whatever you are using.

Was thinking that lol but reading the tuts the colors are all different mate so i dont no wot go's where as you say,

? By reading all the tuts i have the jtag colors as follows =

Jtag pin yellow = no 2
pin red = no 3
pin white = no 4
pin green = no 5
pin blue = no 7
pin black = no 9

? This sound right

Cheers

I said FORGET THE COLOURS !!!!! My JTAG doesn't even use those colours. You don't need to know what the colours mean. That is just for JTAG's that you have to solder to the board. My JTAG just pushes on.The pins/wires/colours are all done for you.

For your reference,
Yellow = vcc
White = ground.

Cheers so ill have me a go as soon as i get time.

So wot you are saying is that you can put the jtag any way round MAGIC if so.

Cheers again.

NO. Not any way round.! Thats why I said yellow is VCC and white is ground so you can tell which way round it goes.
Or.... the Two pins that are together on their own ( Vcc,Gnd) go towards the front of the box and the 4 together in a line face the back of the box. The correct points are near the battery, towards the back of the box.

Arrr that sounds better beens you put it that way.

Nice now i no

cheers mate

:Cheers:

I said FORGET THE COLOURS !!!!! My JTAG doesn't even use those colours. You don't need to know what the colours mean. That is just for JTAG's that you have to solder to the board. My JTAG just pushes on.The pins/wires/colours are all done for you.

For your reference,
Yellow = vcc
White = ground.

so the purple can be solderded to the sink then lol

I have the solder jtag and all the colours are different but it dont stop me.
Just look at the board and it is marked.
But as atmel says you dont need to know what the colours are on a pogo

Back