TMC Jtag 4010-N no go!!! correct points

five

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ow yes another jtag post it seem that the Di-4010-N pace box aint giving out the BK IRD for us.

Keep getting no connection error internal error 43,,currently using the tailor made circuits Universal jtag has some one got a working tut for the TMC jtag not to get confused with other makers, so far tryed below -

with the following connections to the following points

VCC – PIN 2 y
GND – PIN 6 w
TDI – PIN 3 r
TCK – PIN 7 b
TMS – PIN 5 g
TDO – PIN 9 bla

Ive tryed them all nothing working whats missing and yes running the dvr & mac_mot in background.

dvr & mac_mot
BKE v2.2
Samsung Debug Tool
OCD Commander

Is this correct im using the straight parallel cable (Using a male to female parallel cable direct from the jtag device to your printer port on the pc .

Can Anyone Give The Right Points To Connect My Jtag To on my jtag is there anything im missing im on the verge of giving up soldering and re-soldering destroying the board .please help.

are u using an all pins connected cable as i had a cable with only 12 connections

Yes using all of the wires and follow the tuts any other tips ive ran out of ideas. is the below in the right order

VCC – PIN 2 y
GND – PIN 6 w
TDI – PIN 3 r
TCK – PIN 7 b
TMS – PIN 5 g
TDO – PIN 9 bla

i use a jtag from tmc and thats the points i use and dont have any probs ,.are all your solder points soldered properly

1 other thing if you are gettin frustrated leave it and go back l8tr , have a cup of tea make sure all your points r soldered correctly and contacts are made cleanly remember dont b in a hurry ?

and remmember the driver must be running before opening sdt

Last edited:
Okay final so the points are 100% correct for the TMC jtag posted great ,,one last thing to think about so no other way will work out i guess so keep to this ?,,no expert on soldering allmost distroyed the points on the board with all this resoldering whats the best way to solder the points any pictures?

Do I have to change any of my window xp configs to enable the serial printer port as im sure used in past ,, because im starting to think its not the soldering any more and just windows not picking it up.what to do?

solder pionts then power off pc and connect serial cable then reboot
open samsung debug tool and driver run driver by double clicking on icon and choosethe driver in thje driv load window u will c it says mac mot running at bottom if not press install

thanks for the help john! much appriciated but this is the probleme ive tryed all the soft and done in the order and followed the tuts just wont connect find anything ,,which cable are you using and motherboard ?

The connection point labled PL5300 near battery red jumper is the correct place isnt it? as noticed theres another point at back

thanks for the help john! much appriciated but this is the probleme ive tryed all the soft and done in the order and followed the tuts just wont connect find anything ,,which cable are you using and motherboard ?

The connection point labled PL5300 near battery red jumper is the correct place isnt it? as noticed theres another point at back

The wires from your Jtag should be connected to PL5300 on your box

go to this link download tut. this is the 1 i use , i havent got a box open so cant compare

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=37691&highlight=jtag

if it still doesnt work then your problem might lie smewhere else , eg faulty jtag or solder not right make sure u dont have dollops of solder on points use as little solder as possible and make sure that the point are soldered tight enough

it sounds to me that your soldering isnt right

remember to enter your net id in sdt press checksum and pick model ,..ie pace
4010 then connect then dump keys

Last edited:
any have any high res close up pics of there work that may help?

What is my area net id Leicester as i thought the 4010n sets it self ive just enterd the default the tuts num in. 00000

Last edited:
are you sure your parallel card is ok? my parallel card doesnt work with my jatg but my neighbours does.

Maybe you popped the chip- easy done if you made a wiring mistake first time round.
74HC244 from Maplins, but it's soldered in so you'll have to deal with that. safest way is to cut it out then use solder wick to remove the pins and solder.....
I always fit mine in a socket for easy user replacement...... may be worth doing that while you're at it....

im in a pure NTL area what does that make my net id i enter then?

try 5401 m8

have to go m8 but let us all know how u get on , so we can all find out what your prob. was
cheers c ya 2morrow

Last edited:
I've never had to enter the netid in SDT to get the BK - that's a separate aspect of the SDT program which is used to generate the bytes necessary for setting the netid on a sammy with OCD, it has nothing to do with getting the BK out of the box.

I've never had to enter the netid in SDT to get the BK - that's a separate aspect of the SDT program which is used to generate the bytes necessary for setting the netid on a sammy with OCD, it has nothing to do with getting the BK out of the box.

my mistake oops

your jtag could be faulty? i got one that was decided to get a pogo jtag with changeable heads works a treat takes less than 5 mins

Back