TM800-iQ-2011-05-31

digidude

I agree with you
what's make me mad is non owners sympathisers -vigilantes
they do not have this box talking lots hot air if they get warning not to interfere with something they do not have a clue
owner members will not wast lots of time fallowing these time waters trying to prove what ????
I hope you will find some solution .
=========================
over 600 posts only 4 mac address
can you explain what happens to all other posts
no owners do not represent anything's except talking hot air
================================
I do believe there is problem that's the reason for last few days I am trying to understand why I do not experience these problem
for last few days 2 out of 4 owners list thier problem all otheres insulting just carrying on
rickie20 is positive do not understand other 3 members
forget about non owners

For test only
1-my suggestion will be to re download image only from download centre and download by USB only
2-only use blue buttons >>> cam/skin/default channel list
3-at this moment DO not use any of your channel list and skins /cams just from blue buttons

when all ok then do what you want if any problem its coming out external add ones do it one at the time find out what's clashing.
re download image by USB again

VectorZ
first of all I need mac address of your tm800 not your ADSL modem
if you are worried to writ here then email it to tm I will ask then to email it to me {no excuse for that }
I promise I will not writ it here-any one having this address can not do any harm
so
if you can not give that then your comments are invalid as you do not have one tm800
also getting rude and using abusive language will not fix your bugs only improve your rudeness
what surprise me is that why you or other members having problem do not write email to tm and say
their problems that's another surprise same as over 600 post but only 4 mac address
why
can you exapline that ?????
may be non owners trying to rubbish this box for no reason ether then being traders worried losing plots

One thing you need to understand Dr, many people worry about sharing there mac address for security reasons which may be why you only had four.

Maybe it would have been a better idea to ask for a picture of there box with a piece of paper ontop with there DW username.

As digi has said there are members on this forum that do a lot of devolpment work on the image that dont actually own the box, you will probably find these people are not moaning because they have nothing to base there moans on as they cant test for themselfs, yet are serious people.
(maybe TM can drop them a loan box or something)

I am sure there are other members sticking there nose into something they really dont know about because they dont have the box and a replying as they may have nothing better to do.

Obviously this does not help "us" the people who want the box to work for our own pleasure - and I very much doubt we can iron them people out.

Everyone is a bit frustrated with past promices, and are reluctant to think that IQ can make a difference - I hope soon you will be able to say "Guys I told you so"

only problem then is, none of us will ave anything to moan about! :)

rickie_20
Thanks for suggestions

first of all this is tm800 mac address can not harm anything's
knowing mac address is only prove that this mac is exist and member has this box
also
There is no excuse for owners to email tm with their mac address or complain direct by email instead making so much noise here
my commonsense tells me tm is responsible why all these fuss here.
no body except me fallowing it so much because I have confidence that this box is ok it has some problem but it is usable and dose the job.
if they are developers then contacting tm they might send them loan or free box but they have to contact first not making so much fuss and non productive comments in this forums.

iQ has made so much difference in last 2 weeks I have confidence in them and I know for 100% they can finish this.
we are talking few week from now may be 2 weeks or 3 weeks multimedia /streaming will be working 100 % but some traders warring about their plots just talking hot air and coming with excuses not emailing tm or writing their mac address
what is it now may be 700 posts only 4 mac address
I am really surprised 700 posts may be not one email to tm
I will ask them tomorrow after 9 am

rickie_20
Thanks for suggestions

first of all this is tm800 mac address can not harm anything's
knowing mac address is only prove that this mac is exist and member has this box
also
There is no excuse for owners to email tm with their mac address or complain direct by email instead making so much noise here
my commonsense tells me tm is responsible why all these fuss here.
no body except me fallowing it so much because I have confidence that this box is ok it has some problem but it is usable and dose the job.
if they are developers then contacting tm they might send them loan or free box but they have to contact first not making so much fuss and non productive comments in this forums.

iQ has made so much difference in last 2 weeks I have confidence in them and I know for 100% they can finish this.
we are talking few week from now may be 2 weeks or 3 weeks multimedia /streaming will be working 100 % but some traders warring about their plots just talking hot air and coming with excuses not emailing tm or writing their mac address
what is it now may be 700 posts only 4 mac address
I am really surprised 700 posts may be not one email to tm
I will ask them tomorrow after 9 am

Just going back to the mac thing, and then will zip my lips over it... you maybe aware that playstation and xbox have barred certian peoples mac addresses on there cosoles due to misuse of there services.

Why this cannot happen to the TM800, some people may not be aware that it can not, hence the reluctance

as for the few devolopers digi spoke about, I would drop an email to TM and they might hook you up, I am sure TM know who you are.

If it helps you helps us, then it helps them = Everyone happy!

This is getting to a joke stage (again) now.

DW has no sponsor, so DWs members speaking openly about ANY product does not affect the running of DW, as its sponsor doesnt lose sales based on what potential buyers read in the forums, DW has always been like this, which makes it unique compared to other forums

forums are also about helping, people may be reading with the intent on buying a receiver, but now have to think 'so i have to get a receiver, get problems, then PROVE i own one by typing a unique number into an open forum' the serial number would also prove this, as does reading back through peoples posts and seeing the problems they have

problems are also random, rickie had major problems friday, then its been fine since, and nothing changed. ive had different problems when flashing with the same image twice in a row, people using EXACTLY the same image have had different problems, the source is so thrown together that some problems are just random bugs that no matter how hard you try to replicate them, you just cant

yes, non owners are once again causing more issues than theyre helping to solve, but accusing everyone of being traders or ribbishing TM? the UR team has spent the last 10 months doing an excellent job of doing that, this is who DR should be screaming at, not at members who have been pointing out the very obvious for nearly a year

This is getting to a joke stage (again) now.

DW has no sponsor, so DWs members speaking openly about ANY product does not affect the running of DW, as its sponsor doesnt lose sales based on what potential buyers read in the forums, DW has always been like this, which makes it unique compared to other forums

forums are also about helping, people may be reading with the intent on buying a receiver, but now have to think 'so i have to get a receiver, get problems, then PROVE i own one by typing a unique number into an open forum' the serial number would also prove this, as does reading back through peoples posts and seeing the problems they have

problems are also random, rickie had major problems friday, then its been fine since, and nothing changed. ive had different problems when flashing with the same image twice in a row, people using EXACTLY the same image have had different problems, the source is so thrown together that some problems are just random bugs that no matter how hard you try to replicate them, you just cant

yes, non owners are once again causing more issues than theyre helping to solve, but accusing everyone of being traders or ribbishing TM? the UR team has spent the last 10 months doing an excellent job of doing that, this is who DR should be screaming at, not at members who have been pointing out the very obvious for nearly a year

I am as guilty as anyone going over old S***e, but really it is not the way forward.

I say we should all atleast give IQ a chance, and see what they come up with next

i apologies to all tm800 owners if you thinking this way.
i have no intention of accusing anybody
i think owners of tm800 have right to say what their findings are.
I listen and I test and test trying to help not to create problems
-------------
My point has been very clear for long time
I have big problem with non owners creating problem to rubbish this box which they do not have clue
and do not Owen one.also administrator are not doing anything's about it.
lets get things clear the reason I ask for mac address to make sure if they really Owen one.
A-knowing mac address will not harm or identify owners private data {only ip address can }
B-if they are so worried they can email mac address to tm I promise no name or mac address will be written here
C-they can privet message me one did this morning
I do not understand the fuss
if they really Owen it then prove it otherwise counted as non owner
what right they have to make comments when they do not have clue if the box ok or not
==========================
for last few days I posted at least over 100 repeating by 90% same thing as I am doing now
please just for 15 minutes do as I did if you do not get my result then you can insult me do whatever please you
some members spent hours writing post and insulting me why not spend another 15 minutes and fallow bellow------------------------------
1-delete tm800 image from your memo stick it might be corrupted
2-download today now from download center unzip it
3-do mini root
4-use default channel list
5-do not use any external add-on plains epg Etc. or old channel list
6-just test it as I am asking you
7-after you are 100% satisfied working OK

then do what you want .but do it one at the time and if problem repeat download
remember streaming -multimedia /sat ids disabled temporary all other functions tested more than 100 times working ok
soon reaming will be ready
==============
the reason some members getting diffrent result
are not fallowing my instruction line by line
any members being linux expert and having exprince for few years doing thier way
wrong wrong wrong
my way is diffrent as i asked so many times just spent 15 minuts and read my instrucation line by line and fallow me i am 100% sur you will get my result each time
reding 7 lines is not a big deal then wasting somany hours complaining and writing book about it
for god sake just 15 minuts test

Also if you'd bothered to look you'd see pictures of me handling your wifi adaptor - or did you think I'd go and buy one on it's own.

If you try really really hard you might even be able to make out the mac address.

I'll try my best to ignore your continued infuriating bullet dodging, you ignore me apart from the problems I've posted over the past year, and get of you arse and sort things out. How's that sound as a compromise?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dr Linux - I did post on here 100% proof I own aTM800HD along with an explanation to your questions but moderators have deleted it

VectorZ

All I asked you to fallow bellow instruction line by line
no need of getting sarkey and rude
just spend 15 minuets do as bellow and stop going round and round
can not understand all these fuss
following bellow if you have problems
do private post or detail your problems
i am sure i will find slutions

1-delete tm800 image from your memo stick it might be corrupted
2-download today now from download center unzip it
3-do mini root only>do not download by other ways
4-use default channel list and fallow the wizzard
5-do not use any external add-on plains epg Etc. or old channel list
6-just test it as I am asking you
7-after you are 100% satisfied working OK
8-mutimeadia/streaming will be ready soon

Had this image on since yesterday and it does seem a lot smoother than the other images.
zap time is quicker and sound hasn't gone out of sync once.
Never really had the green screen issues with the last few images I have tried (except when trying to flash the image).
Will put on the network fix later and see if it still works.

For me it's an improvement so things are going in the right direction.

Had this image on since yesterday and it does seem a lot smoother than the other images.
zap time is quicker and sound hasn't gone out of sync once.
Never really had the green screen issues with the last few images I have tried (except when trying to flash the image).
Will put on the network fix later and see if it still works.

For me it's an improvement so things are going in the right direction.

Glad you got it working in the end Ellie

The key features of this image have to be

The HD sync issues
Sata Internal drive

all seem to be good, if they get the HD volume right next time, it would be a good dealer image.

for us guys, we just need the extra's without breaking what they have fixed!

it would be a good dealer image.

that already exists m8, which UR gave priority to instead of the things that people actually wanted, google URSR image

@ellie, your network fix goes in fine m8, as does my usb mapping fix if you also have that, it can be ripped directly from an older DW version, the only difference is the bootscreen file extension, new script is for png, old for jpg

no m8, there is a fully blown 'dealer image' that locks the end user out of their own equipment, everything is pin protected and options removed to stop people 'tinkering'

the only difference now is that for the main image, we know the access passwords, but UR was slowly locking down the images bit by bit

go back to some of the earlier images and see how much more functionality they used to have, even though they were unstable, you could choose to record movies onto HDD, but timeshift to USB

for what UR have done to the image, theres not really any point it being linux based, they may as well have just closed it off, and turned it into something like the TM5402

Ive loaded this on now and installed add ons 1 by 1, formatted USB HDD,installed Digi's Plugin, Scanned EPG, Transfered Rat's Bouquets

Ive just done a small recording of a HD Movie Channel and

OMG!!!! its working
:Yikes:

I recorded a whole HD Movie last night and withing 10 minutes it was freezing and lipsync was out
not moaning just leaving feedback

Intresting, I recorded a HD movie aswell mate, watched the whole thing with no issues, I even paused it to go outside for a smoke and when I came back it resumed OK too on internal Sata

Was a movie actually worth watching with makes a change

Roll on IQ-2011-06-??

I recorded The Sorcerers Apprentice, via a 500GB usb powered HDD
I'm going to try another recording in a while :)

I have not tried via USB, and since my external HDD broke - with a customers data on :( so I cant really test

Will be worth another member given it a bash to see if they get the same result

Back