TM600 USB problems pls help!

what image are you using m8?

sometimes a reboot clears the (0.00Gb) message

the TM will format it in ext2 format, so itll need reformatting with FAT32 for a windows PC to read it, you can install software so windows can see the drive

erm..did I read that right - I can have a working epg but if I do i lose the usb's - which removes my ability to record which was a large part of the reason to have the epg?

I too wish to take advantage of the PVR capabilities of my TM-600 and plan to purchase a USB HDD but I am being advised about the limitations of PVR in that you can only watch and record different channels that are on the same transponder which would be no use to me. I really want the 'Sky+' scenario and a decent EPG would also be a help !!
Could I run a second line from a dual LNB and plug it into a second STB and use one to record, one to view ??

Update - purchased 1 Tb Seagate external HDD, plugged into USB in the rear of my TM-600, pressed USB on the remote, then option 2 to format, selected the rear USB and formatted the drive. All working now!! :proud:

It is a real nuisance though only being able to record the channel I am watching!! :Mad2:

this is down to the receiver only having a single tuners m8

theres not many boxes that have 2, not for this price

I may fit a Dual LNB to my dish and run a 2nd line down to my Sky box and use the TM-600 to record on the few occasions that I record stuff !!!
I could do with the EPG on the sky box anyway as the lack of a decent EPG is frustrating !!!

i use the sly epg in a similar way, i also use the plugin weekepg3.2

I am new to the TM 600. If you put the stick in the back usb it will format and partision which is fine, then windows will not recognise the format so you can't load any files onto it windows will tell you it needs formating, great so you format it in fat32 and the reciever will not recognise it. I have used the front usb to load image and that worked and as far as I know that was in
fat32 format.On my TM 5300 usb super fat32 is fine it loads softcams and patches no problem and records to the stick. The TM 600 is a whole different ball game I am not sure what purpouse the 3 USB serve on this machine I have tried to record on them to no avail. any one out there no any more?
blogfred

Thanks fearona can you tell us where you format the sticks, on the PC or on the Reciever and what do you do on the remote to record to usb stick ?
Blogfred

Back