TM600 USB problems pls help!

chutzpah

Inactive User
Reaction score
any idea how to initialise USB PVR?

comes up with errors when i try. recognises it in the back, but says 0.00GB avail etc..

when i format from the tm600 it fails also

any ideas? thanks

I had the same problem with a Samsung 500 Gb HDD, the TM gave me 0 Gb
It could not be recognised or formatted in my USB SATA drive. also.
I removed it and plugged it into my PCs SATA connection and tried to format it FAT32.
Needless to say, it failed as the drive was too big for FAT 32.
However, when I tried it back in my TM it recognised it, formatted it & now I have a 470 Gb PVR. Works for me !
Have you tried removing it from the TM - rebooting - then re-installing and going through the USB Setup menu again ?

thanks for the response.
i tried everything but no change.
i even tried formatting it to NTFS for some reason (even though this was invented by microsoft). still the same issue.

if someone has any other experience, grateful to hear.

if not ill try formatting it back to FAT32 and testing it again and post results.

also any way to get the EPG for more than now and next?
can we link it to radio times these days or is this a no no?

what date image are you using m8

there are a few rogue images floating about that fail to recognise drives

another thing to try, if your drive has an external power supply, tunr off both the TM and the HDD, turn on the TM and within a second or 2, turn on the power to the HDD as well, they no initialise together

ive found this happens with IDE drives in caddys with external power supplies quite a lot when rebooting just the receiver

its an 8GB USB flash stick, i also tried on another 4GB one..

im using 13-08-09 image, also previously tried the later one (23-08-09 i think)

do you have any decent images i could try?

would be very useful as seems it is hard to find trust worthy ones.

many thanks

there are some issues with some makes of USB flash sticks, i use the 13/8 image with a 300G SATA drive, 160G IDE drive and 8G microSD card in USB adaptor with no problems

has anyone ever had any success with a USB?

if so what version and is there anything special with the process before or just pllug and play?

thanks

ok sounds promising...!
grateful if someone could send me a link to a decent version of this july image.

many thanks to all

mmm... not sure how keen i am to change my remote!
cheers

one more query, does this image have an EPG? and can it show more than now or next?

previosly i couldnt never excel beyond now and next. ive heard of this 7 day EPG but never found any real guidelines to set it up, or actual evidence that it was successful..

grateful for some insight on the subject.

many thanks

Fearona

Did you format your USB stick on the TM and if so have you tried putting it back in your PC, and if so does the PC recognise it ?

doesnt recognise it at all now, not even 0.00GB, just says no usb, fails when try to format it

i turned it back to FAT32 on the pc. strange.

Back