TM500 hd

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Was looking at one of these the other day as I got a dm800se clone but not happy with it don't know why i got it as i don't really like the clone images so was talking to the sat shop I got it from and he said that if i wanted to change it he would send me a tm500 hd I see there is one iq image on the tm site has any one on here had one of the new 500hd receivers and what are they like also what is the iq image like

I know nothing about them m8 but what intrigued me about your post is the part where you say you dont like the clone images???

The clone images are the exact same visually as the non clone images,in fact nearly all E2 receivers will look more or less the same visually so make sure you know exactly what it is you are looking for before you buy another box m8 :)

As above, "normal" E2 receivers will work in a similar manner.

If you can't get along with it, perhaps a closed source box may be an idea. Whatever you decide, try it out before you go. Make sure you can use it how you intend to or need it to. Bear in mind the TM 500HD can be had for £130 if/when you swap.

I think Im right in saying the 500HD is pretty much the TM800 cut down, you would be better off getting the TM800 as Im sure it has a few added extras the 500 dont have such as front display. internal HDD space etc

Ill swap ya my TM800 for the dream Clone SE :) lol

I know nothing about them m8 but what intrigued me about your post is the part where you say you dont like the clone images???

The clone images are the exact same visually as the non clone images,in fact nearly all E2 receivers will look more or less the same visually so make sure you know exactly what it is you are looking for before you buy another box m8 :)

Know the difference between the receivers as i have always had dreamboxs from the 500 right up to 8000 but none of them have been clones all jen receivers only got the 800se clone for spare room, bit i did not like is not being able to download new images right away or downloading drivers also on any of the clone images I tried you could not set pin as i did not want my wee girl messing about with it then having to lissen to her in doors doing my head in about it not working as she has before so as im not looking to spend much when i was talking to sat shop , guy said to me about tm500 hd cant see much about them so its going to be a bit hit and miss

I think Im right in saying the 500HD is pretty much the TM800 cut down, you would be better off getting the TM800 as Im sure it has a few added extras the 500 dont have such as front display. internal HDD space etc

Ill swap ya my TM800 for the dream Clone SE :) lol

Already sent back sorry but would make me wounder why you would swap so easy lol

truth is mate I prefer my SE clone to the TM800
simple as that :)

lol....you got to be crazy wanting to swap a 800SE clone for a TM500HD. The 800SE is by far the better reciever. You really just needed to read up on how clones work in terms of patched bootloaders and images.
As mentioned theres no difference between original and clone images apart from the removal of DM anti clone measures. This does prevent you from using latest drivers and doing automatic uploads from within the images though.
There is definitely the option to set pin/parental controls on channels in most images. If anything the clone images are better than the originals courtesy of the amended plugins, features etc the image modifiers include.
If the fully blown TM800 was so crap...I dread to think what the cut down version TM500HD is going to be like... :Laugh:

lol....you got to be crazy wanting to swap a 800SE clone for a TM500HD. The 800SE is by far the better reciever. You really just needed to read up on how clones work in terms of patched bootloaders and images.
As mentioned theres no difference between original and clone images apart from the removal of DM anti clone measures. This does prevent you from using latest drivers and doing automatic uploads from within the images though.
There is definitely the option to set pin/parental controls on channels in most images. If anything the clone images are better than the originals courtesy of the amended plugins, features etc the image modifiers include.
If the fully blown TM800 was so crap...I dread to think what the cut down version TM500HD is going to be like... :Laugh:

To tell you the truth I dont think I need to read up on anything to do with the receiver as I well know how it works only reason I got the receiver was to put in spare room after getting it and seeing that i could not use parental control I decided it was no good for what i wanted as wee one would only mess about with it and as i said would only have to lisen to other half going on about it I also know from reading post that the tm800 was not what a lot of people put it out to be or was going to be but alot of people are happy with it as I have a dm8000 i dont think i have to worry about how good my next receiver is and as its only for watching tv then if its any good it will do as long as I can lock the menus so my wee one cant mess about with it

Back