TM-800 UR-19-09-2010 Released

is there any other m8 who can inform about their front processor vers?I suspect that thats why i hade some bugs that other m8s dont.Just wondering

When is the source going public?

How do I enable timeshifting, is it as simple as pressing the Pause button?

PVR on SDTV is working great for me. I've been tinkering wirth it all day and it's not crashed once, but as soon as I try playback a HDTV recording, it either cogs or greens.

is there any other m8 who can inform about their front processor vers?I suspect that thats why i hade some bugs that other m8s dont.Just wondering

VER 1.0.1 ON MINE.

When is the source going public?

How do I enable timeshifting, is it as simple as pressing the Pause button?

PVR on SDTV is working great for me. I've been tinkering wirth it all day and it's not crashed once, but as soon as I try playback a HDTV recording, it either cogs or greens.

Yes witchy just press pause and away you go. the screen will go blank for a while. Once your ready to unpause just press the pause button once more. You can then fast forward or rewind.

Timeshift is were i get my problems as i said if i pause then press play then fast forward and then play it goes in to cogs and needs a hard reboot.

Only just loaded new image, my front processor version is 1.01 :proud:

Hmmm. Does anyone know what the significance of the "Front Processor" and "RCU" is?
My result is
FP: 1.0.0
RCU: 1.0

the rcu is due to there being 2 different remotes for this receiver, this is why some people, especially those with very early receivers, have problems with buttons being backwards after updating. pressing the EXIT button 5 times manually changes this so the remotes work again, the blue ring will blink 3 times to confirm this change

the front processor, now i thought this was to do with the VFD, but it looks like it may not be, are these NXP chips dual core? im pretty sure they are, could it be something to do with that? but the june image stated that it updated the front processor from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, but if its reporting on the hardware, then the siftware wont actually change it, would it?

Just flashed this image but not had time to test yet..

mine has rcu 1.0.0
and front flash 1.0.0
I have the old box without the fan (and it does get very hot)

And i have to reset my rcu with the exit button everytime i flash....

Just flashed this image but not had time to test yet..

mine has rcu 1.0.0
and front flash 1.0.0
I have the old box without the fan (and it does get very hot)

And i have to reset my rcu with the exit button everytime i flash....

Strange that i never need it to do so on previous images!only the latest 1 i get remote problem(its the same remote in set up wizard!).But thats not a big problem only 5 hits on exit button on the recievers front buttons!My worry is ,shall we ever be able to upgrade frontprocessor to 1.0.1?Mine is old one? without fun,i use a notebook cooler so it never gets hot.

Last edited:
flashed image :)
wifi is working perfect
formatted HDD 2.5 usb ext via menu
recorded 5 mins SD channels,Perfect
recorded 5 mins HD channel,near perfect (pixels,breaks up a little) but goes on past 2 mins :))

all in all very happy :)

just doing another HD recording see how that goes

slightly better hardly any breakup :)

Hi Rat, you have wifi working perfectly.Mine will not work .
I have a Belkin N type router(ADSL) with WPA2 -PSK encryption.I can go through the set up and see my SSID .Network test shows all ok But
Wlan status shows---- link quality 100% , Signal strength 27dBm, Bitrate 135Mb/s and encryption :Unsupported ( I have checked PSK and that is ok)

Any suggestions from anyone who has managed to get wifi working

Appreciate the help you have given and still giving to make TM800HD the box to have.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

do you have the wifi card installed from TM ? first off ?
if so
have you changed it to wep2 when setting up via the menu ?

and entered the password you set up on the router

Any one having any audio issues ?

I am watching Eng v Pak and sound is fine, switch to adverts and no sound.Back to game and sound ok.Can get sound back in adverts by audio button but then sound goes when switching back to game.Didnt have this issue last night after first loading image.THe only thing i have done today is tried various recordings the result of which is the same as others have found, tried formatting with TM800 and also using Ubuntu -- no noticeable difference.
I am using an external WD 250gb drive.

:Cheers:

do you have the wifi card installed from TM ? first off ?
if so
have you changed it to wep2 when setting up via the menu ?

and entered the password you set up on the router

Hi Rat, yes i have the TM wifi card ( first off) i am not using WEP , i am using WPA2 encryption which uses a shared key , i believe i am using the correct settings in adapter settings, it allows the option of WPA2 and the shared key (password) is the same as my laptop and desktop computers which connect wirelessly to the router with no problems.

i have been in my router settings to change encryption but not had any success.

:proud::proud::proud:

press LAN button wireless should be ticked ...press Green....Adapter Settings press OK

see if your settings are like this

Use Interface = Yes
Use DHCP = Yes
network SSID = service provider details
Encrytion = Yes
Encryption type = WPA2
Encryption Key = ************

press LAN button wireless should be ticked ...press Green....Adapter Settings press OK

see if your settings are like this

Use Interface = Yes
Use DHCP = Yes
network SSID = service provider details
Encrytion = Yes
Encryption type = WPA2
Encryption Key = ************

Exactly as that.

:Fish:

where it says wireless do you have a green dot ?

maybe go through the setup again mate

Back