TM-800 UR-19-09-2010 Released

i have a WD 320gb internal in mine. I will install the new image when i get home tonight and let you know how it is

Just installed it.

Why does it keep asking me for a password, I don't have one?!
If I leave it blank then press the Blue button, it tells me I have the wrong password.

I have set a password for FTP, is it linked to that? :err:

The radio works. :)

Do I need to remove my internal hard drive and format it to ext3 in my pc, for some reason it won't record, it reports that the drive is full.

....also, my fan has died.

lol

I thought It was Digi's sig said that he broke everything :)

Just installed it.

Why does it keep asking me for a password, I don't have one?!
If I leave it blank then press the Blue button, it tells me I have the wrong password.

I have set a password for FTP, is it linked to that? :err:

The radio works. :)

Do I need to remove my internal hard drive and format it to ext3 in my pc, for some reason it won't record, it reports that the drive is full.

....also, my fan has died.

lol

You need to format the drive via the menu on the tm800. My 500gb took quite a while.

I left my password as blank and i get a pop up for the password sometimes i press the blue button and it goes straight off.

yep, the password prompt is an annoyance but given everything else they have fixed this is soooo minor.

Does anyone else have the browser issue?

One other things that I have noticed is the picture has some swirling lines (like wood grain) in the image. I am using YPbPr so may see if this is still present in HDMI later (my TV only has 2 HDMI inputs).

Hope the October image has streaming too...

Currently Getting no sound via HDMI with this image although sound is there when using a scart lead somethings messed up the sound.

Anyone else having the same issue

Currently Getting no sound via HDMI with this image although sound is there when using a scart lead somethings messed up the sound.

Anyone else having the same issue

have you checked HDMI hasn't worked loose ?

Just tried to play a recording back via the mediplayer and this does not work. Is this what peeps that are having problems are trying to do?

The way i play them back is via the button that has a red dot and says "list" then press ok on the file.

You need to format the drive via the menu on the tm800. My 500gb took quite a while.

Been doing that mate and it would give me errors.

I took it out and popped it in my PC, wiped the partitions etc and reformatted, it's now working great and the PVR is superb. :)

This image (from what I've seen so far) is superb, I can't wait for Digidudes modded version with all those extra toys.

Well done Team UR!

The way i play them back is via the button that has a red dot and says "list" then press ok on the file.

I've just recorded Countdown on Ch4, I'm currently watching it back and it's perfect. I'll try a HD channel next.

I'll watch it until the adverts to see if it locks up or anything.

Been doing that mate and it would give me errors.

I took it out and popped it in my PC, wiped the partitions etc and reformatted, it's now working great and the PVR is superb. :)

This image (from what I've seen so far) is superb, I can't wait for Digidudes modded version with all those extra toys.

Well done Team UR!

Is your hdd internal witchy?

swapped my USB stick for an external drive, formatted it and recorded scrubs (HD).

Playback froze box after about 5 secs :( Picture and sound perfect upto that point.

flashed image :)
wifi is working perfect
formatted HDD 2.5 usb ext via menu
recorded 5 mins SD channels,Perfect
recorded 5 mins HD channel,near perfect (pixels,breaks up a little) but goes on past 2 mins :))

all in all very happy :)

just doing another HD recording see how that goes

slightly better hardly any breakup :)

Last edited:
OK what's this remote thing why is everything back to front my volume is now sat and prov, info now exit and others that worked in sinc now all over the place anybody else got this box of tricks.

there is a fix for remote
cant remember it as Ive never needed it

search remote in this section,should come up

OK what's this remote thing why is everything back to front my volume is now sat and prov, info now exit and others that worked in sinc now all over the place anybody else got this box of tricks.

on the front of the receiver, press the EXIT button 5 times, the blue ring will blink 3 times, and youre set

you will need to do this once after every full reflash
Digi's words, not mine

Update on PVR:

THE NEWS ARE GOOD!!! :) :)

Had a good hunch earlier that there's a possibility (we sort of suspected this before) that buffers are not flushed in time, so as soon as I got home I retested;

Playback of the same file that was terminaly crashing the box yesterday, works (almost) perfectly!
"Almost" goes to somewhat unpredictable RW function, but... all functions actually work, no lockups - like a charm!

So, now we just need to put some serious pressure on all these issues that we suspect might be caused by no, or late buffers flush... it might even cure the LAN settings, corruption of channels/bouquetes, corruption when FTP-ing to the box, who knows what else?

Tried a bit of a timeshift too - it works (encrypted too!) but I don't know what are the transport controls supposed to do and how is it supposed to behave.
Also, considering that I tried it right after I did another recording, everything is possible - buffers again... I'll spend some more time on it later.

Thanks Sargie - if it wasn't for you to make me reconsider, I wouldn't even bother trying again. Now we know about the box a lot more than yesterday.

Update on PVR:

THE NEWS ARE GOOD!!! :) :)

Had a good hunch earlier that there's a possibility (we sort of suspected this before) that buffers are not flushed in time, so as soon as I got home I retested;

Playback of the same file that was terminaly crashing the box yesterday, works (almost) perfectly!
"Almost" goes to somewhat unpredictable RW function, but... all functions actually work, no lockups - like a charm!

So, now we just need to put some serious pressure on all these issues that we suspect might be caused by no, or late buffers flush... it might even cure the LAN settings, corruption of channels/bouquetes, corruption when FTP-ing to the box, who knows what else?

Tried a bit of a timeshift too - it works (encrypted too!) but I don't know what are the transport controls supposed to do and how is it supposed to behave.
Also, considering that I tried it right after I did another recording, everything is possible - buffers again... I'll spend some more time on it later.

Thanks Sargie - if it wasn't for you to make me reconsider, I wouldn't even bother trying again. Now we know about the box a lot more than yesterday.

Your welcome m8 not sure what ive done lol but your welcome :)

Pvr functions are a little wierd, you press pause to pause and then pause to play again when i press play it doesnt seem to work. I also don't like were the screen goes black for a few seconds. It's no sly plus box, but niether was the dm600 i had.

We are on the right track now, and i think in a few more images this box will be rocking!

Back