tm 800 hd opening channels

Box is in Glasgow.

when turned on it displays starting on tv screen then checking, then some PLi- loadings on the tm800hd box.

Then the tv screen is blank. if i press ok button it displays All Satellites Provider Favourites on a row and nothing more

When you push the middle button on the top line it says all then satellite in green can you push the green button on your remote and see if it lists any different satellites. This will show if a channel list is installed.

Last edited:
Yes you are absolutely right.

Got the lists of different satellites but not sure which to select

28.2 is the sky satellite choose the ones that says services that will bring up a list of all channels select a channel like BBC 1 London let me know if the list of channels is in white or grey if there gray then your tuner config settings are incorrect white is tuner is OK.

The channels list are in white.

I selected BBC 1 London and it is working but some channels are not working, got the message "Tune failed" or "service not found, SID not found in PAT"

That's normal your channel list will be out of date so some channels have moved frequency and some stopped broadcasting you need to scan the satellite to get an up to date list. I'll post how to do this in a few mins.

Press menu, then set up, the service searching, then manual scan, scroll down to type of scan and change it to single satellite, make sure it then says 28.2e and scroll down to network scan change that to yes then press OK to scan. It will take around 10-20 mins to scan and you should get around a 1000 channels. Wait until its done and press OK to finish

Thanks very much, i am still scanning as directed

will let you know the outcome in a min

scanned up to about 1000 channels but i noticed all working channels displayed FTA while others without FTA are not working, showing service not (SID not found in PAT).

Go and do a scan again but this time as well as clicking the network scan button also click on clear channels before scan this will clear the old none working channels for new ones only. Then reboot your box.

Thanks, did as you wrote but only channels with FTA work, others without FTA not working eg discovery channel, disney channel etc

It is really a pain

Are you connected to a server to get the subscribed channels ?

Sent from my iPhone

the box is only connected to the dish and tv, so which one is the server and how do i connect to it

the box is only connected to the dish and tv, so which one is the server and how do i connect to it

you need to plug your box into your broadband router with a cat5 lan cable. when you have dont that your magic file goes in /ect and then re-start C**am . regards mdt

Connected to my router, rebooted checked the channels again but still no difference. May it takes time i don't know

OK you need to step back and understand what you have got. When you bought the box what did you buy the box for? Did you buy it for free to air channels or did you read or where you advised to get the box and it will open all channels. Did you buy the box with gift this would be known as access to a server as others have spoken about. These boxs are usually sold as free to air only. You then obtain an access to a server and you attach your box to the internet and it opens the channels. If this is what you require its called card sharing and against forum rules to discuss it

I have been away, just came back.

Thanks for your help. Just got the box and i am trying to understand its usage.

Back