TM 600 16:9 Widescreen problem

I guess ITGate is now working on HD receiver, probably we wont see improvements in ours SD receivers.

Do you want to bet that we won't see any improvements?

Wifi usb support
Widescreen bug
Smargo/phoenix support
Laggy zapping, specially with big channel list

Won't happen, because they don't care, and people don't demand more. I hope I'm wrong. The bad support is not all their fault, people have low expectations, and get satisfied with little.

"I am easily satisfied with the very best." Winston Churchill

manic01 don't get me wrong, but if you want to see the support improve, don't be satisfied by the lack of support we have now.

ITGate receivers hardware is better than the crappy dreambox hardware, but the software doesn't make full use of it.

If ITGate solves those 4 problems, I'll be the first to thank them. EDG-Nemesis could do it, if technomate hire them :Clap:

just been doing some more testing. I have tested several different versions of the ur image and 1 old offical image, and here are the restuls:

18/07/09 ok
02/09/09 widescreen problem
10/14/09 widescreen problem

I also tested the following offical technomate image version

02/07/09 ok

So it is clearly a bug in the software after the July releases. I take it the UR team just update/add extra bits onto the offical releases? i.e this problem shoul be reported to Technomate?

Do RU team have an offical website?

Thanks

This is a great bit of detective work mate! I have just loaded the July Technomate Original image (02/07/09) to my receiver and it's the first time I have seen the screen being displayed correctly on a 544x576 - 16:9 channel (in my case I am using the FTA channel "Clubland TV" on 28.2e. Here's a picture of the correctly displayed screen using the Technomate Original Image (02/07/09):

1zcilau.jpg

Note how the Clubland logo at the top left is displayed

I have kept all hardware settings / configs exactly the same between flashing the images on the receiver (ports, leads, scart settings, same tv and settings) and just flashed the receiver with the latest UR image and here's the result:

b9f96d.jpg

Now, note how the Clubland image at the top left of the screen is displayed

As I said, I have changed nothing between flashing the different software versions, so it HAS to be the software?! I hope this makes sense of what we are currently experiencing. Fine on old flashes, but recent ones don't seem to work correctly :(

P.S. Please forgive crap quality of images, taken with camera phone :(

Won't happen, because they don't care, and people don't demand more. I hope I'm wrong. The bad support is not all their fault, people have low expectations, and get satisfied with little.

Years ago i started to get a little annoyed about the way things were (not) supported on another site, so between that site (that ive since been banned from), this site, google and countless hours of reading, i found out how to do things myself, experimented with things, broke things, made things better, but mainly, helped the support for things grow

in doing this i got myself noticed, and eventually made contact with those that matter. Those that know me well know what i do, and why i do it, they also know its down to forums like this that im able to

someone once said to me 'if you want something done, do it yourself' so i did :)

It's good if the following issues get sorted:

- CCAM compatibility issue (updating and reading white card), standalone without NewCS and CCAM glitching issue.
- Loss of clients when box in standby mode,
- Widescreen display issue.

I think from the UR images thread the CCAM issues are already being looked into.

It seems to me that we are piling on the things that we want the UR team to sort, and i know each fix is important to each user but i think the UR team have plenty to go at and hopefully will all get sorted.

When n3 hits all the country, hopefully a lot of the modders will come over to these boxes as they will be looking for a new Linux box for there hobby, and we will see a lot more support, imho

Derek

It seems to me that we are piling on the things that we want the UR team to sort, and i know each fix is important to each user but i think the UR team have plenty to go at and hopefully will all get sorted.

When n3 hits all the country, hopefully a lot of the modders will come over to these boxes as they will be looking for a new Linux box for there hobby, and we will see a lot more support, imho

Derek

It's not the modders that support is needed from...it's offiicial support from the image creation teams and CAM teams...Gemini, Pli, Nabilosat, CCAM team etc..So far i've seen a couple of ported Dream images but theres no official image thats as goos as UR image.
If we dont see any official support from any of the big teams out there, these boxes are never going to have the same range of software support/images community etc that the Dreams have.

It's good if the following issues get sorted:
- Loss of clients when box in standby mode,

I have this problem too, I have to restart the box many times in the same day, so my cccam clients can conect again.

digidude this is a good forum, at least I can say what I think unlike others foruns, like allsh*t, where you can only kiss darkboy ass, and tell the receivers he sells are the best in the world and have no problems. But this forum seems to me a little biased when it comes to the technomates, you know as good as I that they have big problems, and it seems that they won't be sorted. I was one of the firsts to defend technomate and itgate receivers, because I'm tired of dream multimedia monopoly, but if I want that the receivers improve, I can't look to the other side, and pretend they don't have problems, and they are good as they are now.

But you're correct, I also made my own forum, so I can tell whatever I want, and don't have to kiss the admin's ass, and say that the receivers the sponsors sell are perfect.

Sorry for the bad english. Sláinte.

on the satellite side of things, the majority of members here have either dreamboxes or technomates, or both, which is why a lot of the threads etc are about technomates, as well as it being a technomate room lol

but i agree with what people are saying, there are issues with certain functions of the receivers, down to the image itself, i fire off emails most days, either highlighting new bugs/issues in beta images, or to ensure existing highlighted issues, such as w/s issues, cccam in standby issues, complaints about the PIN number for the blue panel, feature requests, ideas for improvements, new ideas, and allsorts more, not just for the linux machines, but for other models as well, and its issues such as the main 2 highlighted above that WILL hold them back

but, since the last public release of 22/12/09, there have been about a dozen beta images, so even though publicly it doesnt look like theres much going on, behind the scenes the UR_team is actually working away

Thanks digidude, that's the spirit, if we want them to improve we can't look the other way, we have to tell what's wrong. If they sort out the problems in sd linux receivers, I may go for the itgate HD/technomate tm800.

Regards.

Last edited:
i fire off emails most days, either highlighting new bugs/issues in beta images, or to ensure existing highlighted issues, such as w/s issues, cccam in standby issues, complaints about the PIN number for the blue panel, feature requests, ideas for improvements, new ideas, and allsorts more, not just for the linux machines, but for other models as well, and its issues such as the main 2 highlighted above that WILL hold them back

digidude, are the screenshots I took and posted on page 5 of this thread any help to the image creators? If they need me to test anything else in order to troubleshoot the issue please let me know.

Cheers for keeping us in the loop mate.

@Timbo

UR looked into it and were unable to recreate problem on whatever TV/Display's they were trying on, you might be able to help be sending them the TV it happens on :D

possibly posting TV manufacturer/model etc might help..

This issue is completely unrelated to the TV in use. It's entirely software related. I could replicate it every time when I had the TM600 here. I've had a look at UR's test and noticed they used ITV4 which is a 704x576 res channel which the widescreen issue doesn't affect. I'd like to see this test carried out again on an ITV 544x576 res channel like Border, Meridian, Tyne Tees or Yorkshire and no pin 8 Scart TV switching.

Last edited:
ok guess i got that wrong then, thought it wasn't effecting all 16:9 TV's ?

ok guess i got that wrong then, thought it wasn't effecting all 16:9 TV's ?

Some folk have got confused thinking it's TV related. I can replicate the issue on a 10 year old TV and a 3 month old TV, makes no difference. In fact you can completely take the TV out of the equation by plugging a TM600 directly into a dvd recorder and hitting record, then playing it back on a PC. It will display widescreen correctly on an old UR image and not on the latest UR image. This is using the same test channels on both images.

Last edited:
Yes, the problem is the firmware, DM500s here works fine, but the TM600 gives me this problem, and others...

the only way i could kind of fix this problem was to leave it on always 16:9 letterbox, then use the smart function on my aspect ratios on my tv. Its still not right mind you. Its the best i can get it for now.

Back