TM 600 16:9 Widescreen problem

hey

I dont suppose you know if the ur release (TM500_20-01-10.rar) has fixed this issue now?

no worries

i hope not

or is there a way to remove it?

I might just try the image in a bit.

I was waiting for a 'why dont you try it you lazy git!'

Still there, not fixed. Cant even temp fix it but changing to NTSC then back to PAL as its been removed.

We checked the channel you mentioned and compared it to the DM but we couldn't find any problems. Could you please check the attachment and let me know. Thanks

UR_team

We checked the channel you mentioned and compared it to the DM but we couldn't find any problems. Could you please check the attachment and let me know. Thanks

UR_team

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The attachemnt is all correct, but did you take these screen shots from the Web Interface? I believe you have. The problem appears to be with the Scart out and not the Web Interface. The Web Interface is correct on all images and all versions. Also, there is no problem streaming to VLC.

Thanks

You're welcome. It was done via scart not the web interface. Not to sound daft, but you are using the TV Scart Output (not VCR output)? Also, could you try another scart cable?

UR_team

Re: TM 500 16:9 Widescreen problem has the problem as well

Hi,

sorry to bother you guys (UR_team)

but i tested this on My panasonic 16:9 and my new LCD HD samsung 16:9 screen

(Sometimes Astra 19,2E Tv Vlaanderen - NGC, animal planet, ... )

It seems that sometimes the 16:9 mode is not correct on the screen
(Even if i try to change the setting like 16:9 pan scan, 16:9, 16:9 always etc ..)
Also, if there is a problem with the screen resolution : I try this >>
i can use my remote of the televsion and try to cahnge 16-9 pan scan or zoom or something and adjust,
but here with UR it does not work.
I only get a part of the screen.
Also take note, i have the same problem with the Gemini Image for TM500.

The behaviour is like that the UR-image is zooming into a 16-9 screen that should stay 16-9 on 16-9 Tv and is giving only a part of the image.
For example : zoom and panscan for 4:3 screen on a 16-9 tv screen is ok.

There was a plugin on Gemini- dreambox that could fix such a things ( it was called auto format or something but only available for E2)
I have used such a plugin on a QboxHD wich had the same problem like here :) ...

The only good thing is if i choose 16:9 wit black border in UR-image/Gemini it is ok with a black border high and low :) but of course then i'm not using the full capacity of my Tv then ...

tm5400 - TM1000 - TM6900 - TM7100 have no problems at all on those channels.
I use Scart on both Tv's and they are ok , believe me :)

Last edited:
Re: TM 500 16:9 Widescreen problem has the problem as well

Hi,

sorry to bother you guys (UR_team)

but i tested this on My panasonic 16:9 and my new LCD HD samsung 16:9 screen

(Sometimes Astra 19,2E Tv Vlaanderen - NGC, animal planet, ... )

It seems that sometimes the 16:9 mode is not correct on the screen
(Even if i try to change the setting like 16:9 pan scan, 16:9, 16:9 always etc ..)
Also, if there is a problem with the screen resolution : I try this >>
i can use my remote of the televsion and try to cahnge 16-9 pan scan or zoom or something and adjust,
but here with UR it does not work.
I only get a part of the screen.
Also take note, i have the same problem with the Gemini Image for TM500.

The behaviour is like that the UR-image is zooming into a 16-9 screen that should stay 16-9 on 16-9 Tv and is giving only a part of the image.
For example : zoom and panscan for 4:3 screen on a 16-9 tv screen is ok.

There was a plugin on Gemini- dreambox that could fix such a things ( it was called auto format or something but only available for E2)
I have used such a plugin on a QboxHD wich had the same problem like here :) ...

The only good thing is if i choose 16:9 wit black border in UR-image/Gemini it is ok with a black border high and low :) but of course then i'm not using the full capacity of my Tv then ...

tm5400 - TM1000 - TM6900 - TM7100 have no problems at all on those channels.
I use Scart on both Tv's and they are ok , believe me :)

Excellent comments. I have a TM5300 and no problem on that. Try a UR Imaage from July. This one does not have the problem for me.

You're welcome. It was done via scart not the web interface. Not to sound daft, but you are using the TV Scart Output (not VCR output)? Also, could you try another scart cable?

UR_team

Yes im in the TV Scart out and I have tried another scart lead. I was %100 sure it was not the scart lead before I tried. Must be a bug in the Software somewhere. When you release new UR images do you use the latest official image as a starting point? As the problem is in the official image too.

Thanks UR, keep up the good work but I hope there is a fix for this soon although the release from July seems quicker anoway so I might just stick to that.

I ve currently got the DS_4.0_07092009_TM600_update.img on and that does not have the problem.

In my experience alot of people probably dont even notice this problem as they either have 4:3 TV's or they have their TV's set to always 16:9, and as alot of channels are still iin 4:3 anyway. The amount of times I have been round some peoples and their digital box or whatever is set to 4:3 out! Even most pubs have 16:9 TV's but the Sky boxes or whatever are set to 4:3 mode. Aswell as the poor RF distribution to multiple TV's. Annoys the hell out of me!

Last edited:
Will the Widescreen problem ever be solved? It's very annoying.

Cant be his TV if he is stating an earlier image July, works without the widescreen problem...all subsequent images after July have the issue.

wolftje also seems to be reporting a similar issue.

Hey guys, it is not the tv. i have tested this on a panasonic 16:9 and a samsung Flat 16:9
Both have problems displaying 16:9 using the whole screen.
the only option then is to use 4:3 with a Black Border Up and Down the screen ... in order to see the complete picture.
The problem is the Software Ur-image.....

UR-TEAM, please taken note :

My dm500, dm600 and Dm800,
TM5400Ci+ Usb Super, TM5300D+ Usb, TM6900, TM6900 SUper, TM7100 display everything fine !

I rest my case :)

PS :
in Enigma2 boxes there is a plugin called Resize who solves such a problems. Maybe this should be available for download as a plugin if possible on UR Plugins ?

So please solve this for once and for all. UR team GO, Go , Go ! :)

As stated by me, my TM600 has never had this issue. After testing channels yesterday with Timbo, mine were ok his weren't.

Intresting..so you took your TM600 to his house and tested on his TV, same software image release/date/version...and your box works fine, his still has the problem ?

If thats the case is there hardware differences/compatibility issues between different batches of TM 600's ?

No mate, I tested on my TV and him on his. He loaded same uR image as mine.

Ahh Ok, Weird...sort of issue, intresting that wolftje has similar issues...maybe UR team can provide some input into this issue...

Back