Hotmail problem with iPhone 6.

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone is really old now and thinking of replacing it but for now I have encountered a problem. I sent an email to a mate and he told me there was a link on it which he clicked and it was showing a picture. I immediately thought I had been hacked so changed my password.
Turns out it was part of an email address in the body of my email which he had clicked so I wasn't hacked at all. He's not tech savvy in the least.

There is no way this phone will give me the option to re-enter my password. It tells me it has changed but when I try and edit the settings an Outlook page quickly appears and disappears just as fast. It then just goes back to the edit settings page.

I deleted the account from my phone and tried adding it again. Came up saying account details not verified without giving me the option to enter a password. I then tried downloading the Outlook email app but was then told I need ios 14. My phone only goes to 12 😂

I need to delete my stored email address from my phone I think but don't know where it's stored.

Not got a iPhone but found this

1. Open Settings on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down to find Password & Accounts.
  3. Tap Website & App Passwords.
  4. Authenticate using Touch ID or Face ID.
  5. You will see a list of accounts.
  6. Tap any of them will bring you to its username and password.

Thanks Spud but I've already been there. It just lists login details for 8 websites. Nothing regarding my email accounts. I'm actively looking at buying another phone now. This f**k up has just brought it forward.

Had the idea that if I changed my Hotmail password back my phone would verify it and all would be sweet. Hotmail will not allow you to use an old password!!!!!
Makes you wonder who the f**k is in charge. :mad:

Back