TM-5402 Flash Issues.

m4tty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been passed a TM5402.

Problem I am having is that it has a pin code that no one knows.

Therefore I cannot change any settings,

FTP login has also been changed from the default. So I have no FTP login.

I have been looking for the files and tutorial for flashing via serial port, all I can find is details for USB flash.

Could someone please point me to the correct info. Sorry if it is staring me in the face, believe me I have looked,

Regards

Hi

Thanks, password worked a treat.

Wrong forum, right answer :)

Regards

Hi.

Thanks guys, all sorted and box up and running.

Totally hate it though, give me a Skybox F3 any day.

Are there any decent bouquets made for this POS ?

Been looking but can't find any ?

Cheers

i have a flash issue on my box. My box only has the facility to upgrade from USB if the files are from *.abs, *.bin and *.udf and it wont upgrade anything from *stb. This problem is doing my head in. i m very new to satellite boxes and need to get this sorted. Also, it seems my main menu is completely different to what normally TM 5402 holders have e.g. in order to do data transfer from usb i go into main menu - tools - usb upgrade and it eventually only allows to flash above extension files. any help is greatly appreciated.

This is most peculiar. It sounds like you have a TM-5402 outer shell with the innards of another receiver... Where did you get it from?

Firstly, does it definitely say "TM-5402 HD" on the front panel of the receiver? (There are also 5302 and 5502 models; these don't use "stb" files.)
If so, try navigating the menus to find something like "system info", and let us know what it says on the screen when you access this. It should tell you the name of the model, along with details of the current software (which will either be official firmware or a patch).

Jetset

Firstly thanks for your quick response. No it does not say TM 5402 - the box does :) but i have a feeling you are very right. i have been deceived, i bought it off a local guy and paid for one year subscription (like paid server). I havent had a great experience with the service provider from the guys source. it has stopped working - as in all the premium channels stopped working (scrambled).

I went into main menu>tools>information - Model name - S HD - Nov 01 2010
S/W Version Ver 1.3.1 - Oct 20 2011
H/W Version Ver 2.0.2 - Nov 01 2010

here are some of the screen shots of the product i have. Your help is very much appreciated. i think i was too naive to buy it off without much knowledge or at least looking into it. Now after paying so much i just cannot see anything except freeview.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

This is most peculiar. It sounds like you have a TM-5402 outer shell with the innards of another receiver... Where did you get it from?

Firstly, does it definitely say "TM-5402 HD" on the front panel of the receiver? (There are also 5302 and 5502 models; these don't use "stb" files.)
If so, try navigating the menus to find something like "system info", and let us know what it says on the screen when you access this. It should tell you the name of the model, along with details of the current software (which will either be official firmware or a patch).

Jetset

Hi
no that's not tm5402, no idea what it is, looks like a cheap skybox/openbox, they are widely available on the bay for less than £50/60 delivered.
I have a 5402 and openbox S10....let me say that maybe technomate receivers are far from perfect, but still FAR much better than these cheap boxes. Openbox are cheap but STILL DOES "THE JOB"
Maybe there is absolutely nothing wrong with this box...only problem if it was sold to you as a tm5402!!!!

You should consider asking for your money back, if that's a possibility....if you are only beginning your sat world "journey", I can indeed recommend the 5402 as it is a good and easy box to start with.

Last edited:
hi cfipro,

Thanks for your response, yes you are very right in saying it is some cheap box as i have been deceived completely and i do not stand a chance of getting any money back.
Is there anyway i can find out which make it is as i do not get any info except the one provided in my above post. i tried image searching etc but nothing works, i am trying to get the most from what i have at the moment and thn may be in future yes i shall get a new technomate box.

i am learning the hard way :)

Hi
no that's not tm5402, no idea what it is, looks like a cheap skybox/openbox, they are widely available on the bay for less than £50/60 delivered.
I have a 5402 and openbox S10....let me say that maybe technomate receivers are far from perfect, but still FAR much better than these cheap boxes. Openbox are cheap but STILL DOES "THE JOB"
Maybe there is absolutely nothing wrong with this box...only problem if it was sold to you as a tm5402!!!!

You should consider asking for your money back, if that's a possibility....if you are only beginning your sat world "journey", I can indeed recommend the 5402 as it is a good and easy box to start with.

I also tried to search the make of your box with the picture you provided, but no luck...

You can still use it for the time being with a good server, as yours, provided "in the box", seems to have gone "burst". You need to find out how to enter a line (C or N) in your box, within the network setting in the menu shown on your last picture.

Or indeed, use it as a simple FTA box, with recording facility as it looks like you have a usb connection at the back.

Last edited:
[h=1] Thanks for your response and really appreciate you trying to assist me. I have narrowed down my product to

Dreambox MD500V8 Classical DM500-S Linux PVR DVB-S2 500 FTA DIGITAL Satellite Receiver

I am going through this wonderful website to understand the technical aspects of how to utilise the shittiest box to its optimum level. I am a complete beginner as you know by now :)

I am currently searching on this website and in general to find out how to enter a line (C or N) in my box as suggested by yourself.

Once again thanks for your help. I’ll keep you posted where did I reach to :)
[/h]
I also tried to search the make of your box with the picture you provided, but no luck...

You can still use it for the time being with a good server, as yours, provided "in the box", seems to have gone "burst". You need to find out how to enter a line (C or N) in your box, within the network setting in the menu shown on your last picture.

Or indeed, use it as a simple FTA box, with recording facility as it looks like you have a usb connection at the back.

[h=1] Thanks for your response and really appreciate you trying to assist me. I have narrowed down my product to

Dreambox MD500V8 Classical DM500-S Linux PVR DVB-S2 500 FTA DIGITAL Satellite Receiver

I am going through this wonderful website to understand the technical aspects of how to utilise the shittiest box to its optimum level. I am a complete beginner as you know by now :)

I am currently searching on this website and in general to find out how to enter a line (C or N) in my box as suggested by yourself.

Once again thanks for your help. I’ll keep you posted where did I reach to :)
[/h]

its a dm500s clone, install C**am 2.2.1 via ftp into /tmp and install via remote the restart enigma1. now c+p your magic details into the .cfg,save and restart cam. voila your channels will open. you will need a ftp client like DCC or filezilla to ftp your files and notpad++ to view/edit your .cfg files ect. what image has the box got on it? if you want to flash it with another image your will need a null-modem rs232 "patch lead". the box isnt as bad as all that although its only dvbs/mpeg2 and sd. regards mdt

Thanks Zorch and Mdt for your inputs. Honestly speaking this is all latin for me at the moment and i am learning all of these technical jargon. However, at the same time i do not expect to be spoon fed :). i shall read up and try to follow the steps MDT provided. When you say image does that mean (*.abs, *.bin and *.udf). Those are the only three files supported on this box to be flashed.
If i am stuck i'll surely drop a line or two to inquire what needs doing. ....till thn i'll continue to break down your steps and install a patch that works and allows me to view all the channels. thanks all once again for your help and inputs. Yes i think the box isnt that bad but i was very disappointed that i was sold it as a TM5402 ha ha ha and till now i didnt had any probs with this box till i could view all the channels and suddenly the server went burst.

Thanks Zorch and Mdt for your inputs. Honestly speaking this is all latin for me at the moment and i am learning all of these technical jargon. However, at the same time i do not expect to be spoon fed :). i shall read up and try to follow the steps MDT provided. When you say image does that mean (*.abs, *.bin and *.udf). Those are the only three files supported on this box to be flashed.
If i am stuck i'll surely drop a line or two to inquire what needs doing. ....till thn i'll continue to break down your steps and install a patch that works and allows me to view all the channels. thanks all once again for your help and inputs. Yes i think the box isnt that bad but i was very disappointed that i was sold it as a TM5402 ha ha ha and till now i didnt had any probs with this box till i could view all the channels and suddenly the server went burst.

if the gift has gone bust then you should just need to get another sea-lion and ftp it into the .cfg file.. as for image when the box boots up what does it say on the screen? an image file for your box is a .IMG file and there are .cfg/.key files for softcams/sea lions ect. regards mdt

Back