warranty asking for details

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So I went to register my boiler with a servicing plan company and I gave them all the relevant details, name, phone, address boiler, boiler age, serial for boiler and I thought thats that. Now I've been told that they need my D.O.B ?
I asked what has that got to do with my boiler ? you have everything you need even a sodding picture of the boiler bar code. Now their saying we can't register till I do. So basically their selling your info and without that its worthless. told them to f**k right off and cancel I'll go elsewhere.
I see no reason on this planet why they need that other than to directly spam me with age relevant sh*te galore like funerals and Ian Bothams foot dildo via email phone and post.

It's probably because the plan is covered by the servicing company taking out insurance cover against your boiler. Therefore they need your age to show you are 18+ years old.

Disagree, they can simply ask:-

Are you over 18 years of age ?
Are you under xyz years of age ?

Its just annoying how companies attempt to get personal info to simply then sell on when it has no relevance to the item you've purchased. Ask for the age of the boil yes, age of me ?. If they had of said ok it doesn't matter fine but to say we cant go ahead just a p*ss take.

Back