Time for me to spend money again,

if you in no rush then a vu+uno is worth consideration as vu are releasing a plug+play twin-tuner module supposedly pretty soon and a uno with twin module at a guess would be around the £280 mark for an original as the uno clone never materielised,regards mdt

Do you know when that option will be available MDT?
My deadline is the 8th of December 2012

The tuner is ready and working well ( not used one my self but a fellow member of the ViX team has one ), although i am not sure why it has not yet been released i can only imagine there waiting to get the solo2 and duo2 out first.

Have you considered the gigablue quad. 1.3 ghz CPU as opposed to the 400 mhz.

If you are splashing the cash, might as well as go for latest.

Certainly one to consider and it's currently the best on the market and runs the same CPU as the upcoming solo2, drivers are a little bit of a let down though, that said GB are working hard on them, with a new set expected in a week to 10 days.

Spot on Ian thats whos site I was looking at but didnt know if they were Original.
So the ones on WOS are definitely ok?

So its back to whether its a TM or a DUO.

Also can anyone tell me whats the closest image to a Nemesis image that would go on a DUO or a TM and what acts more like a skybox

Have you considered the gigablue quad. 1.3 ghz CPU as opposed to the 400 mhz.

If you are splashing the cash, might as well as go for latest.

Whats that?
Where can I get info on it and whats other peoples opinion on that box?

Spot on Ian thats whos site I was looking at but didnt know if they were Original.

Also can anyone tell me whats the closest image to a Nemesis image that would go on a DUO or a TM and what acts more like a skybox

One thing you can guarantee is that WoS will never sell a clone, he wont touch the things.

They are original mate. Boxes will do most things a skybox will do without the streaming side that sky does. There are even channel maps identicle to sky ie same channel numbers but i prefer Rats bouquets. The Vu has a good proven track record for images and driver support. TM dont but are improving from what ive read. Ive ran a duo orig for about a year and had no issues.

One thing you can guarantee is that WoS will never sell a clone, he wont touch the things.

My DM800se must be good then yeehah

Swaying towards a DUO now but can the TM fans tell what its like in comparison to a skybox?
Digidude's review of the TM was great and I always liked my 6900HD which is still in the caravan but its all down to the support I think and then I remember what happened to the release of their last Linux box
Will it be the same problems or is it going to be different this time???
thats the biggie isnt it?

i took the publically available openvix image, and made it to as close to a skybox i think youll get.

i setup rats updater, then ran the autoboquets to make the channel numbers the same, added cccam and set it up as autostart, setup the epg to auto download from the satellite stream, i also installed 1Channel for streaming from the net (which works better on my twin than it does on my duo, dunno why, it always has done) you pretty much flash it, send over any line details, and view

to quote a member of the vix team from another forum

It is worth noting that until recently the Twin was ( in my opinion ) a total pile of horseshit and has only started to come good after a lot of head banging and frustration on all sides. speaking as a user and member of a contributing Dev team here. Rite now i would have no problem recommending the twin to friends and thats certainly not always been the case. Hardware wise the Twin has always been impressive , it was the software and especially the drivers that until very recently let this box down.

even on the vix forum, people are finding it hard to choose between the 2, theres the clean past of the duo, but also the extra hardware inside the twin

my duo has been disconnected completley for about 3 weeks now, and my kids didnt even notice it was a different box except for thge remote being different, to them, it was IDENTICAL to use, and during use, to the duo

Last edited by a moderator:
i took the publically available openvix image, and made it to as close to a skybox i think youll get.

give it a few weeks and something should be ready that will make that more of a reality.

give it a few weeks and something should be ready that will make that more of a reality.

is someone making a skyHD looky likey skin ?

ive tried so many times to get into skin creating, theres so many things that go wrong, with a simple button press, you really have to think of everything. if this is being done, then bucket loads of respect to the creator :)

Digi
I thought I had made up my mind but you've just thrown me into turmoil again lol.
I have to admit Rats Bouquet is top notch but as the Catseye one is laid out exactly like Sky I use the Catseye channel list but respect to Rats as he puts a hell of a lot of work into his one, you just use what your used to I suppose.
Digi have you ever done a backup of our image?
And so I can get a kinda look can you point me in the direction of an image that would look close to the one I would have on either the twin or Duo that I can put on my DM800se to see what it looks like at all?

cheers

is someone making a skyHD looky likey skin ?

ive tried so many times to get into skin creating, theres so many things that go wrong, with a simple button press, you really have to think of everything. if this is being done, then bucket loads of respect to the creator :)

no nothing like that, something along the lines of the autobouquet path that can generate a full sky uk bouquet in under a minute, thats about all i can say at present.

this is just an addition to my post yesterday to say that the VU+UNO (ferrari team) clones are now available and in stock as of 2 hours ago from a well know PRC supplier for £152 ic p+p,regards mdt

no nothing like that, something along the lines of the autobouquet path that can generate a full sky uk bouquet in under a minute, thats about all i can say at present.

Thats gonna be cool if it comes off

dont know if youve bought anything yet m8, but, some places have now dropped the price of the twin to less than £240

dont know if youve bought anything yet m8, but, some places have now dropped the price of the twin to less than £240

Price cut..does this mean the TM 2T OE release is about to happen ?

afaik, the TM2T has sold out of its initial run of receivers already

Price cut..does this mean the TM 2T OE release is about to happen ?

I have a Single in addition to the Twin. Can't find many things to fault.

On the Download Center, the 2T has had 84 hits, the single has had 30.

Last edited:
they are hits Abu I think you will find not downloads
I just opened the page and it went to 31, I didn't download the file :)

Back