time change

Hi
Can anyone tell me if I have to FTP this file to the Dbox or can I use a null modem cable?
If I can use a null modem cable do I just re-flash my box with this new file?
Is it a new image verison or just a new file within in it?
The reason I ask is everytime I try to FTP I dont get any joy with it.
Many Thanks for any help.

Hi
Can anyone tell me if I have to FTP this file to the Dbox or can I use a null modem cable?
If I can use a null modem cable do I just re-flash my box with this new file?
Is it a new image verison or just a new file within in it?
The reason I ask is everytime I try to FTP I dont get any joy with it.
Many Thanks for any help.

follow the instructions thats the best bet as thats all you need to do and very clear to understand and do m8

cheers

At last, Ellie thanks very much. Worked a treat.

@Druid, you just have to ftp it like said, it's not a full image file just the main root of the image as it's under 6mb in size. You wont be able to re-flash the box with it.
What problems are you having mate?

Hi Mak
Thanks for the advice.
I seem to have problems with getting the Dbox to connect to my router eg IP address it seems to take me hours to get it to connect to the FTP program I will try it again and see what happens.
Will let you know.

Many Thanks
All sorted now works a treat. I had to change the defualt IP setting on my Dbox back to a older one that I have used before and it worked first time as easy as that (what a idiot) : multi :
Can anyone tell me if this update includes the root update that was posted awhile back about the slow switch off time etc that was posted here

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=114948

Or do I need to reflash with that one as well?
Sorry about all the questions but just trying to learn.
Many Thanks

Last edited:
Many Thanks
All sorted now works a treat. I had to change the defualt IP setting on my Dbox back to a older one that I have used before and it worked first time as easy as that (what a idiot) : multi :
Can anyone tell me if this update includes the root update that was posted awhile back about the slow switch off time etc that was posted here

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=114948

Or do I need to reflash with that one as well?
Sorry about all the questions but just trying to learn.
Many Thanks

Mate just leave it as it is now lol.
You'll end up undoing what you've just fixed unless you can work out which file/s Ellie fixed

Time change works like a dream no probs Cheers ELLIE 1998

follow the instructions thats the best bet as thats all you need to do and very clear to understand and do m8

yeah if your a computer buff i have been at this now for 2 hours put the root file in /tmp
dbox
blue
blue
root

and it just says
file selector
cancel

so can someone please tell me in simple turns when i turn on flash fxp where exactly do i put the root file as i must be doing it wrong

yeah if your a computer buff i have been at this now for 2 hours put the root file in /tmp
dbox
blue
blue
root

and it just says
file selector
cancel

so can someone please tell me in simple turns when i turn on flash fxp where exactly do i put the root file as i must be doing it wrong

Hi m8
ftp the root update to the tmp folder of you box (do not switch power off on your box)
via your remote press dbox key (main menu) select service menu at the bottom (software update) or image update ok expert functions
write one partition ok select root (squashfs) drop down menu should have the image you ftp into the tmp folder. flash this press ok.
hope this helps i just updated a friends box sorry if i missed any thing out but this should be ok.
cheers johny48

thanx johny thats where im going wrong my putta and tv are nowhere near each other i have to ftp then unplug and tune in to tv as you said dont unplug thats where im losing image i will bring portable into room near putta

Many thanks to all especially Ellie and Johny for clearing this up, worked just fine.

Spikey

Brilliant as always. This is the place to be for the best knowledge. Well done to all involved the fix works perfectly.

Great, thanks for the fix changed the time a treat. Just one question when the time changes in october will this fix sort that aswell?

Anyway, its working great right now so cheers:THANKS:

good question
let you know in October :)

It shouldn't have need the fix everything was set correctly.

to force it to work i just added
. /var/etc/profile
to
/etc/init.d/start

but it shouldn't have needed it.

all info for editing a squashfs partition is in pt-1's helpfile.

AFAIK, loads of other images changed when the clocks went forward, it was only commando 7.5 that didn't.

ftp the file to /tmp (unrar it 1st)
dbox
blue
blue
root (squashfs)
select the image
red

when the box reboots it will show the proper time.

I'm surprised that the commando boys havn't sorted this yet, I prefer not to play about inside other peoples images but this is getting silly.

Thanks worked a treat rep added!

Sinky

Thanks Ellie, and thanks for the info about the ability to edit SquashFS being in PT-1's help file :) didnt know it was there.

Cheers,

Psy

thanks to Ellie and especially Johny for clearing this up, worked just fine.

cheers m8

would someone upload cammando image again with the fix please.
2x

cheers

Back