start local
start_automount

the other had
start_automount
halt
rcs
start
but no start_neutrino so im still 1 hour behind using commando 7.5

Same here, I flashed Sportster which set the correct time straight away but reverting back to Commando it's still an hour behind.
Is there a certain file in Sportster that I could transfer over to Commando or doesn't it work like that?

I thought as an experiment I'd change the timezone in the profile from -0 to +1 and now the box wont boot at all just sticks at the Commando start up screen, doesnt respond to the remote and I cant FTP into it. O'hh b*gger...anyone know how do I get the thing back!! help!

Use the Hallenburg IFA software. This works without IP address etc.. Just follow the instructions and then plug in your dbox and the software will do the rest. on completion there will be some happy faces. stop ifa software and then re power the box. all should be good

I thought as an experiment I'd change the timezone in the profile from -0 to +1 and now the box wont boot at all just sticks at the Commando start up screen, doesnt respond to the remote and I cant FTP into it. O'hh b*gger...anyone know how do I get the thing back!! help!
Use IFA to flash it again.

Time diffrence

I have put commando 6 back on and all is fine again. : multi :

commando 7.5 + update and similar issue. tried solutions listed but no luck yet!

this issue has been logged on the team commando forum so i'm sure they'll come up with a fix soon enough.

Commando 7.5 + update

Tried modding /etc/timezones.xml and etc/profile
Does anyone know of other files that contribute to the boxes time?

BTW - Do the Pacino team have a website with UK images?

Cheers
XXX

Use the Hallenburg IFA software. This works without IP address etc.. Just follow the instructions and then plug in your dbox and the software will do the rest. on completion there will be some happy faces. stop ifa software and then re power the box. all should be good

Thanks Guys, much appreciated, I'll try this morning and post the outcome

Well it took me all afternoon but I managed to IFA onto the box using a x-over and null modem. Took a couple of goes but I got 7.5 back on then used FTP for the squashfs update and all is back to normal............

.....and the time is still 1 hour behind!!!

Anyone know how to load squashfs update via IFA?

Well it took me all afternoon but I managed to IFA onto the box using a x-over and null modem. Took a couple of goes but I got 7.5 back on then used FTP for the squashfs update and all is back to normal............

.....and the time is still 1 hour behind!!!

Anyone know how to load squashfs update via IFA?

i've never used ifa for the squashfs updates, so easy doing the ftp thing! ifa can be cranky but it is really good when it works. the problems are usually related to anti-virus, firewall and other network cards confusing ifa.

glad you sorted it out. am going to look at the time thing tonight.

cheers

glad you sorted it out

So am I, I really thought I'd screwed the box for good!

Well IFA got me out of a hole (thanks to all you guys replying to this thread!) and enabled me to go back to FTP'ing the usually stuff.

Good luck with the time thingy!

But there still isnt a working solution to the time problem on commando :( come on guys please help us out on this one.

Thx,

Psy

give them time as they are working on it and thats all you need to know for now

i think its great that they are working but no matter what you guys say it will be ready when its ready

cheers

you will need to put . /etc/profile as discribed before into ect/innit.d/start

in commando as they dont use the start neutrino file to start tuxbox.

Sorry nj but I dont get it, is it possible you could explain a little bit more?
Thanks

Its write protected :( gah

ftp the file to /tmp (unrar it 1st)
dbox
blue
blue
root (squashfs)
select the image
red

when the box reboots it will show the proper time.

I'm surprised that the commando boys havn't sorted this yet, I prefer not to play about inside other peoples images but this is getting silly.

ftp the file to /tmp (unrar it 1st)
dbox
blue
blue
root (squashfs)
select the image
red

when the box reboots it will show the proper time.

I'm surprised that the commando boys havn't sorted this yet, I prefer not to play about inside other peoples images but this is getting silly.

well sometimes it does take others that help out and what you have done will im sure make so many happy m8

thanks

Back