This is going to be VERY controversial but..

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that in order to ask questions that the police need to ask they have to first give them a status of 'suspects' else they cannot ask those types of questions.

that is wright it said on the news yesterday,
its Portugals law or somthing like that

also remember we are talking about 2 proffesional people here.

just my thoughts

Hey brickie, this bit just made me laugh. I was driving past Harold Shipmans old surgery today......
Wizbit77

I also understood that by being made official suspects they now have the right to refuse to answer questions that they are asked.
From what the Mccanns have said they wanted to be declared suspects........ Is this so they can refuse to answer questions?

And yes I do agree with the innocent till proven guilty and they shouldn't be considered guilty until there is some evidence.
I personally just find their actions "odd" I know everybody reacts differently but there reactions are so far from the norm I think something is wrong.
Wizbit77

My theory is that it was an accident.Both parents are professionals dealing with people's life.They must have thought about the effect their negligence would bring onto their career and decided to work together to invent a kidnapping.I hope though that I am wrong and that the little girl is stiil alive.I am a father of 2 kids I wouldn't dream of leaving them on their alone let alone in a foreign country.

I agree with Popol, this is a possible explanation which I find credible, however I still hope and pray that they are innocent.

I've heard these theories from the start i still dont quite believe them but i do find it strange the police for 4 months have been adamant the parents were not suspects only to change their minds now. Could it be the media attention generated is starting to make them uncomfortable and their looking for a quick fix or to make the McCanns go away?

thebigman

I'm sure everyone will agree that the Portuguese police are not the best in the world.

IMO they are clowns.

What I can not understand is,if there was a big group of friend on holiday and going out for a meal each night..WHY did they not take it in turn to stay in with the kids?

if they drugged her why would there be blood found in cars and walls i suggest thats rubbish abroad all the floors are tiled are concrete shes been hit smacked and fell and cracked her head the have then tried to cover it drugs dont leave traces of blood all over

My theory is that it was an accident.Both parents are professionals dealing with people's life.They must have thought about the effect their negligence would bring onto their career and decided to work together to invent a kidnapping.I hope though that I am wrong and that the little girl is stiil alive.I am a father of 2 kids I wouldn't dream of leaving them on their alone let alone in a foreign country.

im gonna sit on the fence here . i havnt got any suggestions as to what could of happened to this poor little girl . but i quote u on ya latter part of ur post m8 and well said .

regards robby

yeah but im not dead person expert but would the body stop working and blood would come out of the skin and many other places from degrading body parts... so im not sure but there could be blood even if she was drugged ???

there is loads of storys who dunnits going round but the thing is unless they find the body its going to be really difficult to actually know what really happened

i would like to think the parents had nothing to do with it but it seems a little strange but think if they are innocent and we are all saying this and the papers it muse be the worst feeling in the world losing your child but then to be blamed for the death/missing of the the child is unbearable

i dont know but this needs to come to an end soon, such a sad story with the little girl the victim i just hope she is at peace!

but and there is a BUT if they are innocent of the murder/kidnapping they are guilty of neglect and need to be looked at because that poor girl would be at school now (as posted already)

if they drugged her why would there be blood found in cars and walls i suggest thats rubbish abroad all the floors are tiled are concrete shes been hit smacked and fell and cracked her head the have then tried to cover it drugs dont leave traces of blood all over

Cant a drug overdose cause vomiting of blood, internal bleeding, nose bleeds, even blood in urine or bowel movements etc im not saying this is what happened but im sure ive heard of these scenarios where drug overdoses are concerned. Anyway the presence of blood wouldnt entirely rule out the use of drugs, especially if dosed at levels that can kill.

totally agree , if it had been any where else (uk) they would have been questiond before this . we will know in time what envience they have because it was sent to here for testing ,and we all know how the police here leak stories to the press .

michael

LETS HAVE IT RIGHT, SPEAKING FOR EVERY PARENT ON THIS FORUM.

WHO IN THIER RIGHT MIND WOULD LEAVE CHILDREN ON THEIR OWN IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY WHEN HAVING DINER ON HOLIDAY ?

WITH MY FAMILY WE DO EVERYTHING TOGETHER INC DINER,

AM I MISING SOMETHING?

YOU WOULD NOT DO IT !! FULL STOP.

I WOULDN'T LEAVE MY MOBILE PHONE IN THE ROOM , LET ALONE THE KIDS.

Just seen on the news that the McCann's are on their way home after all these months and don't want to stay in Portugal any more ! wtf only a few days ago they were saying they would stay until there was an outcome one way or another, seems strange their leaving now they are suspects ?

I said those exact same words to my Mrs last night Bronto

when back in the UK can the UK police then start to question them ?

If they found blood in the car how come it hasn't been impounded and taken away from them. The night maddie went missing, they put them to bed at 7:30 then went to the cafe which was not far and could even see the apartment from the cafe could see the front but not the side window. And did regular checks between them selfs and friends, Hhow could some1 move a mody in that little time and get back to the cafe in time.

well they are out right denying it, its sad all the focus has been taken away from finding maddie.

they cant be questioned by the police over here

what would they basis the questions on the sun/mirror/gaurdian basicly they wont have access to all the information that the portugal police have and then they wont have the inside information that comes from working on the case

i still dont want it to be the parents but lets say it is then coming back to the UK would be very wise, could portugal extrodite them - i think so because of the media coverage the british would be very stupid to not send them back there.

would portugese police want to start the proceedings in the UK i dont think so.

for me the neglect they have shown them children is a criminal offence and they deserve nothing but charges because if they are innocent then my heart goes out to them (i could not imagine how i would feel losing one of my kids) but leaving there children alone sleeping in a unknown place in a foriegn country is just plain crazy!

and whats the problem with questioning the parents it should of been done ages ago... you need to eliminate the main suspects and that would always be the parents/relatives because as history has shown more than not its someone the person knows, as a parent myself i would expect to be questioned and would want to do it quickly so we could get on with the search i think people are going over the top defending the parents when they should and must be questioned!

The legal system is different you being questioned over there is similar to being accused. I think i heard on then ews the reason they can come home is because htey declared they offical address as they home in UK and not they temp residence in portugal so are free to go back to they decalred home.

in a missing kid/child abuse case,I believe the normal thing is to drag in the parents usually the father and hammer him. At the beginning the local police said they were not involved.The Hire car they've had for weeks, so if it was evidence why have they been allowed to continue to use the vehicle?.

I have left the kids on their own in bed sleeping and a lot of parents do the same without any issue's as long as we do regular checks.Parents also leave 'em in the car if the young ones are asleep and keep an eye on them.

How many know what our kids get upto i.e. in rougher area's ( i live near one such place) kids 6yrs + are out till 9.00pm hanging around and you can bet your bottom dollar when your kids go out today to play a time will come when you will have no idea where they are,sure ring 'em on the mobile but can you believe they are where they say.

Believe the local bobbies are clutching at straws and have no idea, the Parents could of walked away months ago instead of keeping it high profile and the case would of been treated as a simple abduction and no further action taken.

How many kids dissapear each year and remain unsolved.

Thats me rant over with.

Back