This is going to be VERY controversial but..

i'd like to know what will happen with the £1million they have in the fund they set up? Apparently they won't be using it for legal costs (and i should hope not!) and I fail to see how a fund with £1m in it can help find a missing kid...

I don't have kids (thankfully! I'm not that daft! :D ) but even I know that if you went out and left three kids alone at home they would not go to bed nicely and sleep. They'd wreck the place. So I reckon they probably sedated all three kids but OD'd Maddie. But why keep the body for over three weeks? They'd have to keep it hidden then dispose of it all the while being in the media spotlight.

And I agree with the other poster who said the Portugese Police are just acting daft. I think it's down to the fact that we aren't used to cops keeping things under wraps. No sooner had they sent evidence here than results were leaked to the papers. Maybe the Portugese cops are better than ours!... :D

I know that if you went out and left three kids alone at home they would not go to bed nicely and sleep. They'd wreck the place. So I reckon they probably sedated all three kids but OD'd Maddie.
"bs"

More bullsh*t.:grayno:

This thread is really plumbing the depths now. :(

"bs"

More bullsh*t.:grayno:

This thread is really plumbing the depths now. :(
well i got 3 girls, and i know for a fact if i were to go out and leave them on there own one or more of them would wake up and scream the house down... and then trash the place.... id have tootpaste up the walls, sugar over the floor, milk in the kettle... all sorts.
Something untoward has happened somewhere along the lines, im sure it will come out eventually. The spanish courts would not be considering charges if there was nothing behind there investigation.

hmm, looks like Richard Branson has stepped in to set up a legal fund for the McCanns. Thats an interesting development !

I don't have kids (thankfully! I'm not that daft! :D )

your obviously very young then having kids is a blessing and everything they do wrong they make up for eveytime you see them smile!

hmm, looks like Richard Branson has stepped in to set up a legal fund for the McCanns. Thats an interesting development !

why doesnt this pr*ck offer this money as a reward in finding the poor girl? With this much speculation over the mccanns, there at least guilty of child neglect (minimum)

your obviously very young then having kids is a blessing and everything they do wrong they make up for eveytime you see them smile!

Agreed, and don't they just know it! :)

Have to agree with bignbold3000 as well. Branson could've put his "name" and money, to better use in this instance. Using it as reward money, (many people would be highly motivated by this type of figure) would perhaps have been more beneficial.

I said right from the beginning of all this, that something didn't ring true about it all. I hope I'm wrong, and the parents are proved to be totally innocent (apart from the neglect issue, which IMO, is a very valid point) but I know, me and my wife would never be able to keep it together as well as they have, if our son went missing. (God forbid!)

Last edited:
The hair was not found in the boot but the front seats and easily could of come from the twins, not 100% match to maddies, the samples were so poor it was extremely difficult to test them. (Its not like it is on TV)

Portugal judge may give the Mccanns access to all police information, includin DNA results.

The sniffer dogs which were used to find the scent of death can not be used as strong evidence against them, since the dogs can be wrong upto 78% of the time.

Waiters at the restaurant where Kate and Gerry were eating the night Maddie disappeared called Gerry “the perfect dad”.

One said: “He was always giving her hugs. Gerry spent 80 per cent of his time with her while the mum tried to feed the twins.”

He said he saw Gerry hours later after Maddie vanished. He added: “He was desperate. He was crying and screaming out her name over and over again.”

As said earlier Branson has chiped in some money towards legal fees (brave decision and the right 1 i think) he has urged his pals to do the same, he said they deserve a fair trial.

As said earlier Branson has chiped in some money towards legal fees (brave decision and the right 1 i think) he has urged his pals to do the same, he said they deserve a fair trial.

Doesnt everyone deserve a fair trial, is branson going to help them, and urge his rich friends to do the same???

Doesnt everyone deserve a fair trial, is branson going to help them, and urge his rich friends to do the same???

Well its not quite on the same scale and he already set up a fund to find maddie, campaigning adverts and so forth and he and every1 else wants to know what happened. And it looks more likely now that they are inncocent so yes use the money get the best lawyers and get this out of the way at what ever expense and get on with campaigning again.

i personally think they (or maybe one of them accidently at first) did it and even if not they should still be charged with willful neglect for leaving their daughter homealone while they dined out - no parent i know would of done that

i dont like the way theyve played the media / public for money to pay to defend themselves its like the news are constaltnyl taking the parents side instead of being objective

i truly hope they get a fair hearing in portugal if it ever comes to that

i personally think they (or maybe one of them accidently at first) did it and even if not they should still be charged with willful neglect for leaving their daughter homealone while they dined out - no parent i know would of done that

i dont like the way theyve played the media / public for money to pay to defend themselves its like the news are constaltnyl taking the parents side instead of being objective

i truly hope they get a fair hearing in portugal if it ever comes to that

They should take a lie detector test.

They need British public behind them to find Maddie if they are innocent.

At the moment people seem to be not sure

Theys no such thing as lie detector test, it measures your bodily changes, sweat, blood pressure, heart beat.

I don't think you be presumed gulity because you was sweating suspiciously.

I have always said innocent until proven guilty, and never try and pre judge people on what I have heard, however on this case I must say that it does seem a little strange especially the way the husband asked people to trek through the apartment just after she had gone missing, therefore destroying any potential Evidence

I have always said innocent until proven guilty, and never try and pre judge people on what I have heard, however on this case I must say that it does seem a little strange especially the way the husband asked people to trek through the apartment just after she had gone missing, therefore destroying any potential Evidence

oh may be he just wanted to find his daughter and needed all the help he could get.

Did anyone watch the tonight programe tonight. It opens a new way of looking at it. I found it very intresting and it just firms up my belief that The Mcanns had nothing to do with it. (exept leaving the kids alone of course)
Did you see the state of that womens face that had her confesion beaten out of her?
Makes you wonder. Her kid went missing 7 miles from were maddie went missing

Theys no such thing as lie detector test, it measures your bodily changes, sweat, blood pressure, heart beat.

I don't think you be presumed gulity because you was sweating suspiciously.

Thats why they should take it.

At first the whole of the UK were behind them.

At the moment there is a shadow of dought over the whole thing.

Back