This is going to be VERY controversial but..

Calm down a bit m8. Elevators made a good point. No one is saying they are not guilty of negligence by leaving the kids alone. That is just wrong. But its a different issue we are talking about. Did they have a hand in her death (if she is dead) most folk are hanging them by judging from press reports hear say and their body language. I hope that they didnt do it and ive gotta believe they didnt do it because it keeps the hope alive that the kid is not dead. The portugees authorities just want this case off their hands one way or another. Lets just wait and see what happens before we all fall out over this.

I'm not going to fall out over this m8, I was just adding my bit just like everyone else has.

All I can go by is what is reported on the TV and Media, then I come to my OWN conlusions, right or wrong.....its what I believe from what is put in front of me.

I'm not going to fall out over this m8, I was just adding my bit just like everyone else has.

All I can go by is what is reported on the TV and Media, then I come to my OWN conlusions, right or wrong.....its what I believe from what is put in front of me.

your right to say your piece m8, the same as everyone else on here, weather we are right or wrong, its all down to opinion.

I must add here that the press dont help in these situations putting things into peoples minds.

It will all be clear soon i hope, then we can start threads like " i told you so " or i was right all along.

Let us all Pray that this saga ends soon for Maddies sake and hopefully the Parents.

I was not about to get upset with your post either M8, you are entitiled to your opinions as I am to mine. The point I am trying to stress though is that there is no story if the press don't make one up, if you were in a similar situation how could you defend your innocence when everything you do, every action you take and every poise you take will be construded by someone as an act of guilt?

I personally do not believe that this couple had any part in their daughters dissapearance, and I hope I am eventully proven right. There is of course always the possiblity they are guilty, but you can't try and hang someone just becuase you read an article or heard something on the TV so it must be right! You need proof beyond all resonable doubt.

I would like someone to explain to me how they were supposed to move a massively decomposed body, with little chance of any blood being in it after 25+ days in that heat, and the god awfull smell that would have been smelt a long way off & for miles by animals and insects all looking for a meal. When they were constantly surrounded by police and the Worlds press everywhere they went. A senior Police dective from the UK who has been over there and was involved in this case, posed this very same question on the Jermey Vine radio show yesterday. It seems the press & porto police don't want this question being asked? The evidence is not credible or they would be in a prison already by now.

I dont think the parents have it in them to do such an act.

But I do still get a wierd feeling about it all. Time will tell I suppose.

i was listening to GMTV this morning and they are not so bad as the SUN/MIRROR etc and i think do a good job with entertainment and the news but im easily pleased lol

now they said that there was a substancial amount of hair found an amount that could not be transfered like the blood (DNA) in the car could of been and the amount was a amount that ment either a body or someone had to be in the car

now i have not heard any evidence of this yet but if it is maddies hair i dont know how anyone would think these parents are still innocent, i mean the chances of them hiring the same car as the kidnappers would be the same chance of probably winning the euromillions but thats a guess....

but they are innocent and until proven guilty, but i fear that if they do not find the body they will never know how maddie died (if she is dead?) or by who because the portugeese have completely made a hash of this case and it will end up in court argueing who did it with no real evidence from anything.

The police also had a "cadaver" sniffer dog called in from us in the UK and it is reported that it went mad (as it's trained to do) when it was in the apartment and in the car, it is a strange case to say the least

If its just hair it could be from anything, for a start she carries her favourite toy with her everywere god knows how much DNA is on that alone, they lots of explanations to prove them inncocent and one to send them down. They won't get foudn gulity on this alone, some smart lawyer will get them off and rightly so if they arei nncocent. But i read they are trying to use the money they got donated to help pay they fees, ironic the money that the money raised to find this little girl could now be used to help defend her possible killers.

yeah but the police and forensics said the amount of hair cannot of been transfered from anything it had to of come from someone either being there in the car or a body, no toys, no jacket, no clothes has to of been a person in the car

Last edited:
Well after reading through these posts i must say im glad its not just me that thought the parants stank from the start of all this ! there guilty in my mind and have been from the first week in my opinion ! im just hoping that im proved wrong.

Perhaps the body was kept in a freezer somewhere, therefore halting the decomposition process, until it was later dumped out at sea. We all have opinions and no-one really knows the truth except the poor little girl. I have a feeling this one will never be fully solved. So who's is gonna put in for the movie rights first?

Alternative Viewpoint

h**p://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2007/09/madeleine-mccann.html

whether they did it or not (i think they did have from the start) they are as guilty. if it was them they are guilty and after all the support from the public and all the bull they deserve to be strung up. if they did not have anything to do with it they still deserve heavy prosecution as if they had been there to protect her maddy may still be alive and well.

The inventor of DNA fingerprinting has offered to act as an expert witness in the Madeleine McCann case.

Sir Alec Jeffreys said DNA matches alone did not establish guilt and all Madeleine's genetic characters would be found in at least one family member.

Gerry and Kate McCann, suspects in their daughter's disappearance, are considering commissioning independent tests on a Portuguese hire car.

But the Madeleine's Fund board will not allow money to go on legal expenses.

It has been reported that DNA evidence with a 100% match to Madeleine was found in the car, but this has been played down by Portuguese police.

In an exclusive interview with the BBC's Newsnight programme, Sir Alec said there could be a potential problem in assigning a profile to Madeleine given that all other members of her family would have been in the car.

"DNA testing seeks to establish whether DNA sample A from a crime scene, came or did not come from individual B," he said.

"So if you get a match there's very strong evidence that it did come from B.

"It is then up to investigators, the courts and all the rest of it to work out whether that connection is relevant or not.

"DNA doesn't have the words innocence or guilt in it - that is a legal concept. What it seeks to establish is connections and identifications."

'No doubts'

Earlier John McCann said his brother Gerry thought the Portuguese police had "gone up a cul-de-sac".

He told BBC's The One Show that Gerry had said they had "lost track" of what they were doing and urged the police to be straight with them.

"If they have got something that suggests Madeleine really is dead then for goodness sake tell the family who have the strongest feeling for this."

He added that had the police done a better job early on in the investigation then Gerry and Kate would not be suspects now.

both parents have been far too calm over this if it had happened to any of my kids i personnaly would be uncontrollable, something isnt right especially with the mother

both parents have been far too calm over this if it had happened to any of my kids i personnaly would be uncontrollable, something isnt right especially with the mother

very true..

i think the portugese police are a lot smarter then the uk tabloids are reporting.

whats the reward for finding maddi ? £3 mill ?,

if she was alive someone who knows someone who knows someone would be collecting that reward. that poor child pictures are worldwide, someone by now would have snitched on the person (persons) holding her for that reward.

i watched one interview with the parents and they said they had lots of emails from other parents who leave thier kids asleep alone in hotel/appartments while they go for diner, do you think thats true ? i dont. does anyone here know of parents that do?

they have always said, its like leaving your kids asleep while your in your back garden having diner, well its not !. iv looked at the distance on the maps and it must have been 5 min walk away, but they have kept to same statements.

also , the reported sighting outside a busy bar/restaurent in belgium 4 weeks ago,
i belive that was the police making out there was a sighting to see the parents reaction.

i didn't see them jumping and shouting as i would if it was my child. maybe thier reaction gave the game away as they knew it couldnt have been her.

even when the police raided and searched that moret fella, and made him a suspect there was no reaction from parents.

at the end of the day there is a little girl missing and that is tragic.

only god knows what has happened .

didnt mean to go on but they are my thoughts.

The McCanns have hired Michael Caplan QC (same guy who repesented Chilean dictator General Pinochet not to mention Nick Leeson) to advise and defend them should the need arise.

This whole things is starting to smell like OJ Simspon and Eddie Cochran. When you're in really really deep shit this guy you want to defend you.

Personally I'm dissapointed that they left Portugal after vowing never to keave until Maddie was found.

My 2p worth

I am not sure of all the facts but

1)If Maddy was taken, why weren't the twins?
2)If it was an accident due to overdose then surely if they owned up they would have got away with it (both Drs)
3)A possible explanation for the blood could be that traces could have been left when disposing of the body.
4)Now why would you dispose of the body?As I said if it was an accident they would have get away with it.Was there something more sinister. Say IF they were part of a paedophile gang (together with their friends) or something similar then Maddy's body would reveal this. If you had your dying/dead child in your arms surely you would call for medical attention.
5)This was calculated not spur of the moment. They have done a damn good job in disposing of the body.

I think they had something to hide hence they disposed of the body. I hope justice is done.

My 2p worth

I am not sure of all the facts but

1)If Maddy was taken, why weren't the twins?
2)If it was an accident due to overdose then surely if they owned up they would have got away with it (both Drs)
3)A possible explanation for the blood could be that traces could have been left when disposing of the body.
4)Now why would you dispose of the body?As I said if it was an accident they would have get away with it.Was there something more sinister. Say IF they were part of a paedophile gang (together with their friends) or something similar then Maddy's body would reveal this. If you had your dying/dead child in your arms surely you would call for medical attention.
5)This was calculated not spur of the moment. They have done a damn good job in disposing of the body.

I think they had something to hide hence they disposed of the body. I hope justice is done.

What a load of complete and utter bollox. Gotta be the worst post yet in this thread.

What a load of complete and utter bollox. Gotta be the worst post yet in this thread.

This was my opinion and I don't want to offend anyone. Mods please remove the post if you think appropriate.

This was my opinion and I don't want to offend anyone. Mods please remove the post if you think appropriate.

Hey m8, not everyone will agree with all your opinions, BUT you are entitled to your opinion and I very much doubt you post will be removed as it isnt offensive....just crazy...lol

Back