thinking of new tomtom

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, ive had a tomtom sat nav for few years now and use it all the time so im thinking of updating my tomtom, so first question is i have a tomtom one v3 at the moment, i know somebody who might be after a sat nav but i really dont have a clue what to ask for it off him, its got the 865 uk and roi map on it, original sd card init, got chragers etc, and a tomtom pounch thing for it that i put it in before i put it into the glove box, how much should i be asking for it ?
next question then is what do i go for after that ? been looking on halfords and looks like they have reduced price on some of there tomtoms, im not bothered about bluetooth hands free stuff or anything like that as have that going threw my stereo, lane guidance and traffic rerouting looks a good option to have, want it to have the bigger wide screen than the tomtom one v3 has, reading about the iq routes option aswell wunt mind having that, these things im saying might be standard now i dont know, would also like the option if it has built in memory i would like to be able to add a sd card aswell if nessasary, just read a comment on one tomtom and one of the cons was no slot for sd card, never know if i would need to put a bigger map on,
what tomtoms have people got and any little reviews anybody could give ? thanks

tomtom one v3 are fetching just shy of £70 on amazon i think that is a little deer they are pretty old now and dont run half as fast as the new ones with the new maps on them. im in the same position as you i own a one fully working and want to get rid and get a new one. i have been looking at the TomTom XL2 IQ Sat Nav it doesnt have any of the live and all that but does have iq routing and lane guidence. seems ok for £99

yeah i would say 70 pound is abit dear really for my tomtom 1, thatg sat nav looks ok but thing for me that puts me off is theres no slot for a memory card, some of the europe maps need 2g and over cards, im pretty sure the internal memory wont be that big if its just a uk and roi sat nav, i could be wrong im not 100% on that, other than that though its looks really good, what do you mean by doesnt have any of the live ?

im actually quite liking this one,il post link at the end, its got a nice big screen, iq route and lane guidance, expandably memory of a micro sd card, quick gps fix and its got RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver, which says your route can be optimised for the trafic ahead, i did want to spend about 100 pound really but for the sake of a extra 30 quid which i should hopefully get back from selling my tomtom one version 3, what do people think ?

Halfords | TomTom Start 25 Sat Nav - UK & ROI

in fact i think i might order that now you know lol, think thats the one for me

Last edited:
Back