Thinking of new earphones...hmmm.

CAROLANN

Inactive User
Reaction score
I currenty have a set of shure SE310's, and they pretty much can blow your eardrums, anyone in the know about such things will know what iam on about.

I like sound isolation, always have done, i think it makes a much much better sound and even at lower volume levels because of the isolation, thats why i went for the shure SE310's few years ago, had always had over the head type earphones before that, but the shures made me change my mind, and they still do, all the performance of big phones in a tiny in-ear phone, amazing but true.

anyways, thing is, iam getting a bit tired of keeping buying the new sets of the foams for the in ear ones, and iam thinking (only thinking) of going back to the type of earphones you wear over your head etc.

I still want them to produce ear thumping sound and also be noise canceling too as that always helps, however, iam not wanting to be spending mad money like i used to, fook that, iam hoping now that for what i need its now more affordable as electronics get cheaper all the time.

I dont nessacarilly need big brand names etc as i know that in the past that sometimes the big names are a flop etc, all i want is a great crisp sound, and nice decent heavy bass when listening to my tunes through my amp when iam at my computer, thats about it.

I had my eye on these, dunno if they are any good though, anyone know >> Sennheiser Worldwide: PXC 250 - PXC 250

would like any info people have please, thanks.,

anyone ??? I thought there would be loads of audio geeks in here, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the triport IE from bose - make sure you buy the ones in the plastic packaging as they are the MK2 and fit better - very comfortable and a soft but tight seal. Just dont go jogging with them as they will fall out

I have the triport IE from bose - make sure you buy the ones in the plastic packaging as they are the MK2 and fit better - very comfortable and a soft but tight seal. Just dont go jogging with them as they will fall out

and those are in-ear phones, in my first post i stressed iam trying to get away from those as they are doing my head and pocket in having to keep buying new packs of the foam sleeves. thanks anyway mate.

I can only say I bough the PX100 earphones for about £18 quid and sent them back. The sound quality was worse than the TDK HP100 headphones I bought for less than a fiver on SVP. However, both of those headphones leak sound - I was just very surprised that the Sennheiser were so bad.

I've recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 215

Online reviews where along the lines of one of the best sub-£200 closed over-ear headphones you could buy. My audiophile mate said they sound as good as Sony's Pro range in the same price bracket (and he likes his Sony headphones).

If you want to hear them 'live' before spending the £50rrp try a larger HMV store.

They do need 'driving in' for about 30 hours though.

I bought some Sennheiser PX200 the other week but found that they didn't block much outside noise. I was using them at work to drown out the noise of people eating and making other irritations when I'm concentrating :).

I got some CX300 ones and have them on now, they are the 'bud' type and have what I can describe as rubber grommets on to seal your ear. I think the PX200s had better sound but these serve my puropse better. Why do I get someone who eats crisps incessantly next to me. Argh...

i can rememeber good few years ago i bought a set of on head/over ears earphones from asda, they were like about 25quid, but mannnn, wow, they were excellent, super bass, super crisp sound, the whole lot, eventually they broke after years of use, but those were excellent, i wish i would have noted the manufacturer down, i will have to go rummaging through my stuff to see if they are at the back of the cupboard somewhere. lol

got to get a decent pair of cordless headphones m8 I love mine when doing the garden and watching movies when the misses is asleep in bed try trust are creative decent cordless phones for about £25 :proud:

got to get a decent pair of cordless headphones m8 I love mine when doing the garden and watching movies when the misses is asleep in bed try trust are creative decent cordless phones for about £25 :proud:

whats the model ?

Cannot rate these hightly enough.
Sennheiser Worldwide: HD 25-SP II - HD 25-SP II

only pain in the erse thing about them though is if you are constantly taking them off and on then the wires get tangled round and round as the cans spin on the headpiece. but all parts are replaceable which is a bonus. I recently nicked the tiny winy wire in one of the cans when takin them apart to find out how to replace the cable....ragin..... have not ot round to getting replacement can yet as got the cheaper hd215s s fancied something different. they are not a patch sound quality wise on the HD 25-SP II.though.The hd215 lack bass .still good sound though. Relly nice rounded sound on he HD 25-SP II

If i could choose again i would choose the similar ones to what i ad but slight upgrade. £130 notes though.

Sennheiser Worldwide: HD 25-1 II - HD 25-1 II

ahh love headphones. Dont have the cash to splsh out on the higherend shures in ear jobbies though, Making do with the sennheiser cx95 which are pretty impressive for in ear buds.

and eh i dont work for sennheiser...

Cannot rate these hightly enough.
Sennheiser Worldwide: HD 25-SP II - HD 25-SP II

only pain in the erse thing about them though is if you are constantly taking them off and on then the wires get tangled round and round as the cans spin on the headpiece. but all parts are replaceable which is a bonus. I recently nicked the tiny winy wire in one of the cans when takin them apart to find out how to replace the cable....ragin..... have not ot round to getting replacement can yet as got the cheaper hd215s s fancied something different. they are not a patch sound quality wise on the HD 25-SP II.though.The hd215 lack bass .still good sound though. Relly nice rounded sound on he HD 25-SP II

If i could choose again i would choose the similar ones to what i ad but slight upgrade. £130 notes though.

Sennheiser Worldwide: HD 25-1 II - HD 25-1 II

ahh love headphones. Dont have the cash to splsh out on the higherend shures in ear jobbies though, Making do with the sennheiser cx95 which are pretty impressive for in ear buds.

and eh i dont work for sennheiser...

they seem like a great set of muffs mate, but again, they are well beyond what i want to pay, i used to pay mad money like that, but not now, lol, i know there must be some half decent earphones out there that can perform nearly as good as the expensive ones, its trying to find them thats the prob, lol.

I see no one has says anything about the ones i quoted in my first post, they are a reasonable price, but might be crap, i dunno.

the ones you are lookin at appear to be about £60.

the HD 25 sp mk11 are £69 and you could probably get them even cheaper if you looked hard enough.
BEM MUSIC : Headphones - SENNHEISER HD 25 SP MK2

i would get them without a shadow of a doubt.from review i have read about the pxc250 they dont seem that great and the noise canx gimmick seems guff.

Back