Tempted to stop visiting this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems by your own admission that's what you are trying to do, and no one member is bigger than this site so may I be the first to say good bye and good luck
hamba is a respected member on here and as such should get repect from members not just say good bye

plus we can all say good bye but i can say it the most and mean it

Hmmmmmm.

That was a little harsh from a person whos been here for almost 3 years and posted 100 times, most coming in the last few weeks in one thread!!!

Are you a cable guy by any chance?

Lol, 100 under posts under that username. He's been banned twice under corinaveda and herbie usernames. :Laugh:

come on herbie/topdog thats well uncalled for

you can never hide m8 not with your style of posting lol

I'm sorry this has been moved to the rant room - I didn't think I was ranting.

:( :(

I am interested in the news and like to keep up with what is going on in the world: that is not the problem.

My problem is with news that is posted because it courts controversy.

When I used to post a lot in the news section I mostly posted stuff related to technology, science and media - in other words, stuff related to the main subjects on this site.

I avoided subjects that I felt strongly about because I didn't want to impose my own political leanings.

I know I don't have to read the threads I don't like the look of but I have a great affection for this site and many of the people on it and I do feel that a lot of these posts change the quality and tone of the site: and not for the better.

Maybe the powers at DW have seen a massive decrease in the volume of traffic since the cable section went down Hamba and thus have let some of the more risqué threads slide since they are the ones that are creating the highest number of posts?

Personally as much as I would love to discuss religion or terrorism or any other controversial subject on this forum, I think it is not possible. There are too many colourful characters educated or not that are unable to keep a discussion on track and the subject matter at hand.

Add to that the personal agenda's of some of the moderators and long standing disputes between some members and naturally you would end up in the situation that we are in now.

Hamba, I dont really know you, I cant remember reading your posts and I dont read the news section much... However I think you should stick around, forums bring together a large group of people, just like a community, a town, a city, etc... In each community you will always have problems and troubled people, people you dont get along with and just some people who you think are just too dumb to even be alive... However you have to stick with it, if for no other reason but to just try and make it better :)

I dont read the news sections much, however as they are the top threads I have read some of them here and I have found some quite disgusting and disturbing too, however eventually the people with the twisted views will eventually die of drug overdoses, end up in prison or dead so you have to smile and just get on :) Try reading the Fun and Humour section instead???

When i first came here, everytime i looked in the main site news section every thread was posted by hamba :) i came here before i went to the bbc site yahoo etc because i knew you were keeping us mere members up to date with current affairs.

Your informative posts are a pleasure to read, i have never met you and most probably i will never meet you but if you left it would feel as if i had lost a friend and DW would never be the same

hamba, a level head among a bad bunch :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hamba don't let it get you down. As MFCGAVMFC says you're post's have always been informative and i've enjoyed reading them. It saves me trawling yahoo, bbc websites as well. Digital Worldz is were I read the news. Most of the posts have come from you.

thebigman

Hamba, your posts have always been very interesting and thought provoking. You do us a service mate, and I for one very much appreciate it. Don't go mate, the site wouldn't be the same without your updates.

Hamba, you know your a respected member here and also a good one!

Pick yer fecking dummy up and stop winging....;) There is things that piss us all off but we dig deep and carry on! you should see some of the rep I have from some members, but I stay as I feel part of this place and so should you!

@Topdog your a fecking arse!!

Hamba, you know your a respected member here and also a good one!

Pick yer fecking dummy up and stop winging....;) There is things that piss us all off but we dig deep and carry on! you should see some of the rep I have from some members, but I stay as I feel part of this place and so should you!

@Topdog your a fecking arse!!

When I read his post Prima donna come to mind, I just said it as I read it

I think DigiCol needs a reminder of how much he is appreciated too..., (Or should be, IMHO)

Looks like might've lost another good there too...

Originally Posted by topdog1965
When I read his post Prima donna come to mind, I just said it as I read it

no not primadonna
just a careing person

As the person who started the Wickes...rename racist shed preserver.. thread Hamba,i can assure you it was posted without any malicious intent,it wasn't something i read in a daily rag..it happened to me.
As you are obviously a respected and well liked member i'll apologise for being a part of the problem.
I'm not sure if i can request it to be removed by a mod if it upsets people?

i dont think that the thread is the issue i think its the unproductive manner of the replies/posts, it just goes round and round ..... you just get people locking horns....but i guess that cannot be helped

Sometimes you have to let things go over your head Hamba, just laugh it off m8, there is not much you can do about it, and some peeps have different opinions as someone else said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back