Tempted to stop visiting this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the person who started the Wickes...rename racist shed preserver.. thread Hamba,i can assure you it was posted without any malicious intent,it wasn't something i read in a daily rag..it happened to me.
As you are obviously a respected and well liked member i'll apologise for being a part of the problem.
I'm not sure if i can request it to be removed by a mod if it upsets people?

I think you behaved well in the thread: showing you had an open mind.

If it had happened to me I probably wouldn't have posted but that is because I know what some of the reactions and responses would be; having learned from experience here.

Sometimes you have to let things go over your head Hamba, just laugh it off m8, there is not much you can do about it, and some peeps have different opinions as someone else said.

You're right Aftermath: there's not much I can do about it - except maybe say what I feel and see if others agree or not.

If people do agree then there is some action that each individual can take: Dont start threads that you think will cause trouble among members.

is it not better to talk on here m8 .we have enough censorship now a days going on . the way i see it and i know its only my point of view . if you dont agree with somthing someone posts then let them know . no point in leaving because of 1 part of the forum you dont like

I have stayed out this thread on purpose because I am probably one of the "agitators" that post in the threads that you don't appreciate Hamba, but to be frank, you leaving would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I have personally enjoyed the majority of your threads and found them interesting, but can't understand why certain threads/posts annoy you so much?... I enjoy the more "touchy" threads as they provoke emotions and therefore interesting debate, but I can say with a honest heart that I have no ill feeling towards anyone on this site no matter they're religion or race.

Perhaps you take them a little too seriously ?

Leaving that aside it would be sad to see you leave the site chum.

I think DigiCol needs a reminder of how much he is appreciated too..., (Or should be, IMHO)

Looks like might've lost another good there too...

why where is he going? he has no right going anywhere!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I have stayed out this thread on purpose because I am probably one of the "agitators" that post in the threads that you don't appreciate Hamba, but to be frank, you leaving would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I have personally enjoyed the majority of your threads and found them interesting, but can't understand why certain threads/posts annoy you so much?... I enjoy the more "touchy" threads as they provoke emotions and therefore interesting debate, but I can say with a honest heart that I have no ill feeling towards anyone on this site no matter they're religion or race.

Perhaps you take them a little too seriously ?

Leaving that aside it would be sad to see you leave the site chum.

The problem is that I think the provoking of emotions often kills debate.

If we feel too strongly then our minds are clouded and intelligent argument becomes impossible.

I like a good argument: it's just that I don't think it works here.

I used to get much more involved in controversial threads until I realised that more often than not people weren't really listening to each other.

It's much harder to put across a point on the net than face to face - there's to much room for misunderstanding.

If these threads didn't lead to nastiness and were good hearted and friendly it might be different.

Another thing is that they often just play on peoples fears - sometimes it seems - deliberately so.

The problem is that I think the provoking of emotions often kills debate.

If we feel too strongly then our minds are clouded and intelligent argument becomes impossible.

I like a good argument: it's just that I don't think it works here.

I used to get much more involved in controversial threads until I realised that more often than not people weren't really listening to each other.

It's much harder to put across a point on the net than face to face - there's to much room for misunderstanding.

If these threads didn't lead to nastiness and were good hearted and friendly it might be different.

Another thing is that they often just play on peoples fears - sometimes it seems - deliberately so.

I appreciate the points you made but surely peeps can fall out over a lot of subjects not just religion etc. I can honestly say I have learned a lot about Islam/Muslims, Sikhs etc that given my social circle and location I would probably have never known, I would probably have started out with more negative views of these people than I have now and think this because I have had the chance to ask questions of the people who know and live the religion rather than a book etc.

And yes it can get heated and yes the civility can sometimes be hard to find but an exchange of views is the basis that any forums is built on surely ?

Perhaps other peeps post for different reasons?, you have been here a lot longer then I Hamba surely you have seen these kinds of post come and go ?

hi Hamba I know what you mean but I havn;t been on here as much as I would like to recently and havn't been able to read all the posts thats been posted... things will get better there is always a period when the forum goes through a depressing stage with people comments but it always pick up again.

stick around hamba we all will miss your news stories if you go.

why where is he going? he has no right going anywhere!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I had a PM saying he "Was outta here"... A great shame, but I can understand his reasons, even though I might not have necessarily walked as he has...

Hopefully a rethink will bring him back... Maybe a few PM's might change his mind...?

I appreciate the points you made but surely peeps can fall out over a lot of subjects not just religion etc. I can honestly say I have learned a lot about Islam/Muslims, Sikhs etc that given my social circle and location I would probably have never known, I would probably have started out with more negative views of these people than I have now and think this because I have had the chance to ask questions of the people who know and live the religion rather than a book etc.

And yes it can get heated and yes the civility can sometimes be hard to find but an exchange of views is the basis that any forums is built on surely ?

Perhaps other peeps post for different reasons?, you have been here a lot longer then I Hamba surely you have seen these kinds of post come and go ?

Hamba's alright ;)

I had a PM saying he "Was outta here"... A great shame, but I can understand his reasons, even though I might not have necessarily walked as he has...

Hopefully a rethink will bring him back... Maybe a few PM's might change his mind...?

I've tried :)

Hope he stays

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just read it after i pm'd him lol

he'll think i'm a doughball

Cheers big yin

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Well you do support Motherwell :)

lol

i thought my last comments about accies had offened you mate, i was just trying to strike up a bit of friendly rivalry

This is what hamba was talking about when he said there was a lot of room for misunderstanding on the 'net

oh and btw

MON THE WELL!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol

i thought my last comments about accies had offened you mate, i was just trying to strike up a bit of friendly rivalry

This is what hamba was talking about when he said there was a lot of room for misunderstanding on the 'net

oh and btw

MON THE WELL!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I didnt see your comments mate and i still cant find them :(

Anyway, being an Accies supporter it takes a lot to offend me so dont worry about any banter........an yer teams still shite :Clap:

I didnt see your comments mate and i still cant find them :(

Anyway, being an Accies supporter it takes a lot to offend me so dont worry about any banter........an yer teams still shite :Clap:

tell all the accies ye know that we're 3rd in the spl and your no!!

lol

sorry for getting off topic but hamba are you staying with us gaffer??

Please say yes!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

tell all the accies ye know that we're 3rd in the spl and your no!!

lol

sorry for getting off topic but hamba are you staying with us gaffer??

Please say yes!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It's not that I don't want to be here, it's just that when I keep seeing threads with nasty comments, mindless rants, lack of consideration, unkindness, whinging: then I'm very tempted to close the window.

However, there are some great people here and I've seen many examples of true human spirit, generosity,compassion and kindness demonstrated on this site on many occassions - not to mention a great deal of humour.

I just don't want to see the latter swamped by the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back