Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

Not jet, need waiting for soldering kit or found someone to do it :(. Maybe anyone have a proper tools in Derby area :)

my chips will be deliver this week :D
I will keep you updated ;-)

my chips will be deliver this week :D
I will keep you updated ;-)

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE A TECHNICAL INPUT!

There are lot of topics where you can share this kind of information this topic we try to keep on Technical level

What I have seen in last few days and found on other sites . the safe clone images have only one thing common that the driver should be before 15/12/2013. Still we dont have any confirmation that which dates specified driver has the anti clone attack . seem we have just assumed that this date driver because working with clone so we should use only this date . even we all knows we have already updated version from V1 to V2 . then why we are just considering that date is safe and sound for clones.

Even Chinese sellers has this calculated reply " dear use this date image only ". technically they dont have any information also or they dont want to share which is the last driver has time bomb . One of my Chinese friend says " if u think the Anti-clone attack working with time synchronization then u r safe because in ur box the time zone is different then UK " I admit she has the pointed out one thing also .

I will request u all kindly put some light also in this which date's driver is activating the anti-clone attack . it will be some help also. may be next time we may be able to frame it better before to attack. Because I m watching as the chinese has not fixed this attack with help of the RS-232 port or jtag or some thing .. It seems still they are unable to find the missing link . in my opinion this is not the solution that should wait and watch when the chip will be received . What will be the Next then ?? again u will not be able to update or use current image ..above all we all knows and understand most of us dont have that kind technical skill that they will change the chip every day .

At the Last I will request u all respectfully kindly just post or share something technical and informative rather then filling the thread with the the gossips of " chip ordered , not received " payed dhl " etc
Thanks u all

Hello friends,

Another question: If the live again, you can then read technically more? So we then have greater opportunities to get us everything we now actually would need?

Altough we still need the BBS Tools and the broadcom studio we can get more info from a alive box then a dead one,somebody post a verry good idea,we should desolder the chip and solder this on a JTAG friendly motherboard like a Xbox360 or something so we can read it quicker

Yes @Reini a live box say more then a dead one

Edit:the Xbox360 idea came from @zomi i see now...sounds verry acceptable if the legs are the same and fits on the board

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt matter if its alive or dead jtag points will be the same to be honest..

@zomi with a box thats alive we could also gain info via the RS232 connectio...like now we cant use that

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still in bed
Apologies misread your post .. i thought u ment dead xbox 360 /live.

I now reread and see you ment the solo box.
I think best to wait now and as people get the flash chips
send to member with tsop programmer and dump like that
and see what we can learn....

No problem mate,rough night ha?;-)

Yes i hope we start soon with experimenting instead of thinking it might work or not

Is easy, replace it?

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk
Not at all, whitout proper tools and luck of experience iven dont try, its just my opinion :)

Firstly when looked at video sent by my chinese friends :) was so easy, but when tryed to do it nearly destroy a motherboard :D, so have give to someone to do it

Last edited:
Hi
Today DHL delivery me the chip.
I have a hot air station.
1. For remove the chip what's the air temperature seeting?
2. Can I use also the hot air for solder the new chip? If I can, what's the best temperature of air?
Thanks

I use 360- 380 to lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally unlike to use iron to fix chips back

But line up chip and apply flux and apply heat and hold I place and heat will do for u too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again.
Does for resolder new chip I must set air also to 360-380°C? This temperature can damage the chip?

Back