Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

is there a guide on what i need, i dont basic soldering but this need more care, such as flux / wax ,

anyone give me what i need and tools needed please

Thanks

yes agree with u but i was looking for the answer that which manufacturer's products has been targeted . because mine is from Dragon Worth and still working fine with new BH . even My seller has told me that u dont worrry about it but just for the safety i have 2 chips in my hand for future attack . i have collected some information that currently . Yojitech , L&W and Lornisun SOLO2are killed by the virus. I m trying to find the answer . Which dated driver has hit boxes. from march to april there are almost 8 drivers released . want to find out which one has the carrier of the time bomb.?

@another informative technical reply found in other forum . Specially thanks to Toysoft and dreamtechse
" Drivers are closed source so no you cannot modify them. Can be replaced by older drivers i.e: false patching/patched image.

Clones are never 100% copies of the original recievers hence there will always be some snti clone measures VU can implement. It would be too expensive for the clone manufacturers to dump and extract all of the various security chips, FPGA etc... So they produce only limited operational copies.

Anti-clone measures use these differences to target clones, i.e: they can send particular queries or challenges to certainc oomponents an original reciever with the original componets will return the correct answer to the query/challenge. A clone will not be able to return the expected answer to the query/challenge as they do not have the same hardware hence they can be identified as a clone and targeted for anti-clone routine to begin.

In this case anti-clone measure = delete various pages from flash NAND including bootloader = dead reciever. Apparently NAND flash chip was also set to read-only. I dont know if this is strictly true though until someone tries flashing a dead nand with TSOP programmer to confirm,

Stay safe use older images with older drivers. "...
Thanks all for informative reply. pasting for the peoples who want to understand the situation

A short chat with a seller and the news for All of u

[1:21:07 PM] Ali Raza: ok Can u tell me do u peoples are trying to fix the attack or just we have to use all old images
[1:22:36 PM] Jess Li: may be from next week , we can flash the original software
[1:22:57 PM] Ali Raza: Oh really its nice to know
[1:23:13 PM] Jess Li: the new boxes from next week
[1:25:24 PM] Ali Raza: u mean to say again have to buy new box then in it will be easy to use new image
[1:26:27 PM] Ali Raza: Whats about the box already peoples have attack in solo 2
[1:27:08 PM] Jess Li: i will let you know when i get the news on the old boxes
[1:27:29 PM] Ali Raza: ok thanks
May be u peoples can use fresh image again

Ahah! This is tipically chinese behaviour and way of doing business: they don't care about the past sales. They just want to make sure they will be able to start selling again as soon as possible and they give a shit about the after sales support.

If there is a solution coming in (on top of using old images with old drivers) if will defintely not be from China...

How do you figure that out? The recent firmware update to the boxes was released by them when realistically they never really needed to.

It's in their interest to keep both old and new customers happy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

At the end of the day as long as my box works i dont care anymore about the date on the image. Even if there was a new solo 2 clone, i wouldnt flash any image on it past december. After the whats happened this time i dont think anyone would even want to take that risk.

You have to be really foolish to think that it can't get bricked again
rather than go through any more hassle like that sell the clone and buy the original if you must have the latest drivers etc..

Hi All.

Just got my chips, but going to resist fitting, as I'm waiting for a TSOP 48pin Socket to turn up. This (fingers crossed), means changing in the future will be painless.

If anyone is interested:

TSOP 48 pin test.JPG

Hi All.

Just got my chips, but going to resist fitting, as I'm waiting for a TSOP 48pin Socket to turn up. This (fingers crossed), means changing in the future will be painless.

If anyone is interested:

View attachment 81071

the Chinese should have these installed in next version of boxes, so easy for average person to replace

Thanks

I heard several people saying the Chinese are coming with a RS232 Update,so the Chip is going to "bypass" teh future attacks like this one...But ure right they realy have to find a sollution soon,and theres still not a support team on it,fastcar told they were coming in March but we are now in May,and if they should come,with all respect i dont think they are going to do different then we do,and thats working with older drivers...

Sorry guys, had to run away.

Thanks kasall7 - I couldn't find them in the uk without spending big money, so Ali did it for me, I got 2 for $6.99, there are cheaper and more expensive !.

Have fun...

The idea to incorporate a socket I had. However, it is very difficult to block him. I did not fit due to space limitations, the cooler the cpu was gone. To do something like that, you must be able to solder well, so not for beginners.

You will need to solder the TSOP 48pin Socket an expensive irda station,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Omni

Attachments

• TSOP 48 pin test.JPG
    TSOP 48 pin test.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
@omni

Why would you need that machine? You can remove and refit an SMD chip using a hot air rework workstation. I sort of agree that if working on a BGA chip then that infra-red machine would be nice to have but again if done properly and carefully a hot air rework workstation could once again do the work, might be a bit hit and miss with a BGA chip but the flash chip is in SMD form and from the looks of it so does the socket pictured above.

The idea to incorporate a socket I had. However, it is very difficult to block him. I did not fit due to space limitations, the cooler the cpu was gone. To do something like that, you must be able to solder well, so not for beginners.

I agree not for the faint of heart, luckily I'm skilled in the art of using a poker (joke), can wait to take it on, will have to look at the form factor as 'reini12' has pointed out it may not even fit.
@omni - I didn't have a good experience the last time I used IRDA, I was over the moon when I removed the IC and it looked all clean, so picked up the PCB to admire my work closer, and half the components fell of the board, what a fun day. (before I get mocked, it was my first time).

IAmATeaf

I need to quote myself again and repeat myself as you misread my post, perhaps the images were too big and you didn't seen what I wrote and supposed this was for the chip, I am NOT talking about the CHIP... but the SOCKET (and I even posted the photo of the sockets !). :proud:

"You will need to solder the TSOP 48pin Socket an expensive irda station,"

Omni

@omni

Why would you need that machine? You can remove and refit an SMD chip using a hot air rework workstation. I sort of agree that if working on a BGA chip then that infra-red machine would be nice to have but again if done properly and carefully a hot air rework workstation could once again do the work, might be a bit hit and miss with a BGA chip but the flash chip is in SMD form and from the looks of it so does the socket pictured above.

Back