Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

radnxl made the comment about the clone time bomb with regards to the drivers that came out on 12/12/2013

That driver also had the comment:
- FPGA update in solo2(done automatically in the first bootup after installation)

Listed as a change so logically then the drivers dated 12/12/2013 would be the last safe drivers that we could use but to be ultra safe you should use older?

@slaw You managed to make a backup of a bricked solo2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job mate,jolly good job!Could you please upload that to our downloads so we can look at it!

If we find out what it is and we spot the errors we might replace this by ones from a non invected box and upload it back....

Here is it guys,the BRICKED_SOLO2_BIN_FILE :

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1830/

Many thanx to @slaw77

theres about 5 small lines of garbled data in that file
the rest is made up of zeros

file size is 2.00 MB
so looks like thats been wiped
and just left a sig

Last edited:
Ive uploaded the complete file and that 10MB look at the link above

It's a good try, but I would believe that this could be just some "garbadge" the Rs232 chip gives out, or echos of commands. But still a good try, thanks !

We have to continue pushing for the Broadcom Studio software for BCM7345 and a dump of the Flash chip, this would be the minimum to start understanding all this. As well as when we remove the old chip, we should try to read it out... then compare the new chip and old contents. Probably this last point would be easier than getting the Broadcom Studio software !

Omni

An alternative is some has a willeum programmer or similar.
Would be to remove chip and try dump with programmer using tsop adapter..

Just got my CI from china but its Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00, hope will work :)

Just got my CI from china but its Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00, hope will work :)

Did a quick check and it looks to be the same, 2Gbit in size, the pin connections are also the same so should be OK.

@slaw77 will you let us know the outcome. If its flashable after soldering etc. Preprogrammed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If any 1 wants the chips read
I got loads of programmers that can read different chips

Also can solder tsop easy

Anybody who's ordering chips if your supplier is sending more than one chip it might be worth giving the spare chip to someone with a tsop reader this will allow a Clean dump to be obtained.. Still useless without BBS tools for JTAG purposes. But it's good to have a clean dump available.

Also to do the same with the old chip, so we have the dump of an old dead flash killed by VU+,

Omni

Anybody who's ordering chips if your supplier is sending more than one chip it might be worth giving the spare chip to someone with a tsop reader this will allow a Clean dump to be obtained.. Still useless without BBS tools for JTAG purposes. But it's good to have a clean dump available.

Back