Supermarket kids !

paper rounds? or any other odd jobs perhaps? as someone said earlier, they worked to get there luxuries

What's the difference? It's an odd job which is the same thing. It's a lesson for the kids as much as anything, it teaches them a worthy moral, that nothing in life is free and you have to work for something you love, not anything I want good old dad will get it for me. I don't understand why you feel offering to pack a bag is begging? It isn't.

Sent from my telephone.

I used to offer ppl to clean there paths in the winter when it snowed to earn a few bob. used to end up soaking and freezing. never asked for money and some times ad do the path and get nothink. some times ad get a few pence. does th op see that as begging i wonder ?

Being as it's December 1st I have been down to Aldi, bought some beans and sausage for Xmas, some cheap cider and tossed the kiddies some red-hot pennies...

...slapped security on the way out and knocked over some old gits who got in the way.

Run me key down a few flash motors and taken the angle-grinder to a few stupid signs and obnoxious middle-class lefties.

I'm home now, door locked until January...

...bah, humbug lol

What's the difference? It's an odd job which is the same thing. It's a lesson for the kids as much as anything, it teaches them a worthy moral, that nothing in life is free and you have to work for something you love, not anything I want good old dad will get it for me. I don't understand why you feel offering to pack a bag is begging? It isn't.

the difference is they are not annoying people in supermarkets

we are talking about kids aged around the 10 yr old mark here, i didn't mean them to go trawling the streets looking for jobs, i meant within the family ie: wash the dishes, wash dads car, tidy up the garden etc

& to top it all when the kids ask to join these "dance studios, footie teams " the parents know the cost, just say no

well no matter what anyone says i think its wrong, i don't pay for other peoples kids to have a hobby, its quite simple really & they will never get a penny from me ;)

technically you do as kids get free swimming that the government pays with your tax
and don't forget all those kids with lazy parents that have never worked on benefits that are playing in the parks that your council tax has payed for

...slapped security on the way out and knocked over some old gits who got in the way.

I'm home now, door locked until January...

...bah, humbug lol[/QUOTE

So it was you, you thug you ought to see the bruise on my wifes arm ........... solicitors letter will follow via pm:Jester:

we pay the cost, i pay a monthly fee (see my original post) to the club. i also pay for the boots, transport, setting up for matches. We've also done sponsored bike rides off out own backs to pay for the additional extras for the whole TEAM (again, see my original post). All monies raised is shared between the team as there are less well off kids in the team that can't afford new boots, parents who can't travel to fixtures - can't even afford water bottles. IS this the parents fault? maybe. the kids fault ? no. At the end of the season, hopefully we have enough for a exciting weekend break away over the summer holidays. The money pays THEIR costs and parents again stump up the rest themselves.

Money raised thru the year pays for the extras bits like a christmas party (we're taking them ice skating), gives them confidence and pulls them so much closer knowing they're working for a greater good for their team and friends. This is a bad thing in your opinion? It teaches them life skills, sacrifice, all sorts.

Calling them 'beggers' is the most narrow-minded pathetic excuse for not giving them money. Well done you. All u have to say is "no, i'm ok, my carer packs my bags" and i'm sure they'd leave you alone and you wouldn't have to contribue

"the difference is they are not annoying people in supermarkets" do ya shopping on line then. save them young kids having to look at a grumpy old man frowning down on them.. its that easy ur happy and am sure them kids will be even happier !!!

well i think we can deffo say we have got are very own victor meldew here on d/w :p

I nearly said that earlier lol :D

I don't bloody believe it!

I've also never seen anyone noticeably annoyed by these kids, most people seem quite supportive and smile when the kid asks them to help

Sent from my telephone.

we pay the cost, i pay a monthly fee (see my original post) to the club. i also pay for the boots, transport, setting up for matches. We've also done sponsored bike rides off out own backs to pay for the additional extras for the whole TEAM (again, see my original post). All monies raised is shared between the team as there are less well off kids in the team that can't afford new boots, parents who can't travel to fixtures - can't even afford water bottles. IS this the parents fault? maybe. the kids fault ? no. At the end of the season, hopefully we have enough for a exciting weekend break away over the summer holidays. The money pays THEIR costs and parents again stump up the rest themselves.

Money raised thru the year pays for the extras bits like a christmas party (we're taking them ice skating), gives them confidence and pulls them so much closer knowing they're working for a greater good for their team and friends. This is a bad thing in your opinion? It teaches them life skills, sacrifice, all sorts.

Calling them 'beggers' is the most narrow-minded pathetic excuse for not giving them money. Well done you. All u have to say is "no, i'm ok, my carer packs my bags" and i'm sure they'd leave you alone and you wouldn't have to contribue

its nothing to do about giving the money at all, the money aint a problem tbh & i doubt very much that parents cant afford a water bottle , sorry :LOL: i will just let them get on with it , they will get nothing off me, useful charities will though, also why the insult? "my carer packs them for me" i never insulted you

Last edited:
its nothing to do about giving the money at all, the money aint a problem tbh & i doubt very much that parents cant afford a water bottle , sorry :LOL: i will just let them get on with it , they will get nothing off me, useful charities will though, also why the insult? "my carer packs them for me" i never insulted you

I think you have insulted every parent of a child doing fundraising by calling them beggars. Its a morinic statement in my view.

Hopefully, they are not expecting but hoping.

Of course the lesson should be to good to others and expecting or hoping for nothing from them in return.

Last edited:
You may find it hard to believe but yes, there are some kids who can't afford even the essentials. Our club takes in donations (footy boots they've grown out of, shin pads, footy shirts, water bottles, boot bags - anything someone might need) for some of the kids who play for 1 of the teams OR just some of the kids that come to use the facilities. It's in a rough urban part of the city and the only person who takes a wage in the 65yr old grounds keeper - everyone else are volunteers. it shames me and i wish i could do more - but i know nowt about football and don't share the passion for coaching - so i supplied and fitted a number of PC's my work were chucking out, as a 'community room' for kids to do their homework, use the net, etc. it's very much a facility for the surrounding community - hard to believe i know in these cynical times.

They're doing it for their team, their extended family in some cases - something we could all think about. You don't have to give or accept their help - just don't belittle their efforts?

in fact, next time i see this sort of thing happening i will go & see the manager & ask why they are taking up valuable space that could be used by a worthy charity , it appalls me tbh

in fact, next time i see this sort of thing happening i will go & see the manager & ask why they are taking up valuable space that could be used by a worthy charity , it appalls me tbh

Awe give it a rest victor your getting even more boring

Back