Supermarket kids !

stevejay

Inactive User
Reaction score
Why Oh why are there so many kids offering to pack your bags at supermarkets? does my head in, i have no problem if it was Macmillan, nspcc etc but local football teams, dance schools can all get fooked, PARENTS : if you want you're kids to have a hobby, YOU pay for the fooker ! :Angryfire

altho i agree it is a pain at times but the kids are trying to raise funds for trips - equipment and sometimes for good causes that would otherwise not be available
and just as a rant back my kids do have hobbies and i pay for most if not all of it same as the rest of decent parents

If you don't want to pay for your kids outings and hobbies etc then just encourage them to become thieving little sh*ts, once caught they will be made to go on these trips and take part in all sorts of wonderful hobbies as punishment.
While the good kids get fook all !!!

I don't like bag packers either but not because of the reason they are doing it,it's just they either can't be bothered or they don't know how to do it,

I usually just say it's alright I'll do it but still give them a donation :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Bag packers are a pet hate of mine too. I stand in the basket queue to avoid them because the till person packs your stuff there :).

You just know that they are going to get it wrong, bag of dried pasta and the bread under 12 pints of milk, edges of plastic packets slicing the bag open etc.

I'm in this situation.

My middle son is in a under-8's football team. The team sponsor (if u have 1) pays for the basic kit (top, shorts, socks, name printing). Parents also pay a monthly fee to the club (about £20) but then there's also other stuff to buy - Training jackets & hoodies (essential in this weather), a christmas party, trips to touraments, etc. There's not many ways to earn extra cash for the team, especially with young kids. If they are under 9, they are not allowed to bag pack. We've done sponsored bike rides, 'domino cards' - it's hard trying to find different and new ways to earn money for them.

Bag packing, i am NOT looking forward to and if i can pretend i'm at work that day - all the better. I take him training (he's 7) 3 times a week and match days on saturday all over the region, it's always cold, we have to set the pitches up and take them down - but there's no way i'm doing bag packing!

If you don't want to pay for your kids outings and hobbies etc then just encourage them to become thieving little sh*ts, once caught they will be made to go on these trips and take part in all sorts of wonderful hobbies as punishment.
While the good kids get fook all !!!

What a great way to put it and how true is your statement. Are these kids giving anybody grief? do they back chat you?. They are trying to get some respect and earn some money, its a lot better than selling that shite the big issue. Although these kids just throw your shopping in bags how many times has a shop worker done that to you? loads of times, these kids are no different and the store manager must give them permission to do it. Remember if you was disabled you would be glad to have your bags packed for you, have you tried opening them plastic bags??? hmm its worth paying a kid rather than make a coont of yourself.

I must admit I am not a fan of these "bag packers" and it does make me wane a little at the checkout, most of the time i don't carry cash as I predominantly use cards so do feel a little guilty, but my daughter has a number of outside hobbies including scouts.

If I had a choice of my child helping out at the local supermarket for his/her social hobby (football team, scouts etc) as opposed to going without, not attending at all or just generally becoming one of those kids that hangs around streets constantly, becoming an annoyance or nuisance at the local shop (we all know, we have borne witness to the little sh*** that hover around the entrance), then if it teaches them a little bit or respect, and that not everything comes to them so easily, while it helps out those groups of people that are taking our kids off the streets, then you have to question just how bad it is for that 10 minutes every week at best.

Last edited:
next time you see kids packing bags at the checkout give them a little donation mate instead of that grumpy face
the kids havent chosen to do it but the clubs there involved with and have given up there day to try and raise funds for the club
as said if it teaches them something then its all good. remember the kids dont get nothing out it apart from maybe a day out with club
many adults would give up there day for nothing or to raise funds for a club there involved in
its not all about parents not paying for there kids . oh and by the way Macmillan, nspcc fund raisers are paid to collect donations and about 40% max goes to
to help . give the kids 20p and know its going to help local kids not pay the collectors wages

Macmillan, nspcc fund raisers are paid to collect donations and about 40% max goes to
to help . give the kids 20p and know its going to help local kids not pay the collectors wages

Spot on that. And ffs dont sweat the small stuff. Like others I pack myself and lob the kids a quid it aint like its every week is it. It also teaches the kids the work/reward ratio ie they stand on their feet packing bags all day when they would rather be out playing football/cricket/swimming/anythingelse so that thunderous looking adults can say "no thanks" and then march off to put yet another pound on the lottery or spend £7 on a packet of fags! No, I aint got kids so dont go there. I work in a funeral directors. You should try it, works wonders for your outlook ;-)

If kids get bored and start causing trouble we complain.

If they get involved in character building and learning valuable work ethics and stay out of trouble we also complain.

Surely if they worked to achieve something they will appreciate it more and look after it.

Don't we put things on the till in the order they will be packed?

If we respect their sacrifice and effort maybe they will respect others as well as themselves and also heed guidance.

If kids get bored and start causing trouble we complain.

If they get involved in character building and learning valuable work ethics and stay out of trouble we also complain.

Surely if they worked to achieve something they will appreciate it more and look after it.

Don't we put things on the till in the order they will be packed?

If we respect their sacrifice and effort maybe they will respect others as well as themselves and also heed guidance.

i never begged in supermarkets when i was a kid, if i wanted a football strip my parents would have to buy it

i never begged in supermarkets when i was a kid, if i wanted a football strip my parents would have to buy it

Oh, I've begged a few supermarket managers not to call the Police on occasion...

Seriously, I know where you're coming from. I don't like being stopped in motorway services by people selling whatever, leaving B&Q etc.

But, it's coming up to Christmas and they're kids so I have a sneaky feeling you won't get overwhelming support on this one ;)

Oh, I've begged a few supermarket managers not to call the Police on occasion...

Seriously, I know where you're coming from. I don't like being stopped in motorway services by people selling whatever, leaving B&Q etc.

But, it's coming up to Christmas and they're kids so I have a sneaky feeling you won't get overwhelming support on this one ;)

its all year round though, local football teams, dance studios crap like that, if it was only xmas i wouldn't be so bothered tbh, but like i say why don't the parents pay for there kids hobby? when i was a kid & did karate, my parents paid for everything, when my laddie played ice hockey we paid for it all, no problem with the "once a year xmas raffle" at all, but begging in supermarkets is a bit strong & they will get nowt off me at all, would rather give to a cancer charity or something , dance studio? sorry , not a fooking hope in hell :LOL:

its all year round though, local football teams, dance studios crap like that, if it was only xmas i wouldn't be so bothered tbh, but like i say why don't the parents pay for there kids hobby? when i was a kid & did karate, my parents paid for everything, when my laddie played ice hockey we paid for it all, no problem with the "once a year xmas raffle" at all, but begging in supermarkets is a bit strong & they will get nowt off me at all, would rather give to a cancer charity or something , dance studio? sorry , not a fooking hope in hell :LOL:
ok lets leave them to run riot every were like a lot of kids. my son plays football there's a lot of the team member's parents are on drugs. its not the kids fault there parents are druggies and wont/ cant pay subs. its a way of getting these kids off the street and not recking ur stuff . these kids are doing some think to raise funds for there club. teams .dance studio's. is the op called victor ;) lol

This problem can be resolved very easily ........shop at lidl or aldi you have to pack your own bags

Back