Superleague 2015 thread

Wigan Warriors gained some revenge for their Grand Final defeat with a brutal 12-4 win over St Helens on Good Friday.

Wigan v St Helens - 03 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

I agree that it was a very good game and reluctantly have to say "Well done Wigan"
BUT
it needs to be said that we were missing both Walsh, Burns, Wilkin, Lomax, Vea, Greenwood, Wellens who went off injured and Percival.
Wigan were only missing their O'Loughlin, Charnley, Bowen and that idiot Flower yet their was hardly anything between the two for long spells.

If Wigan couldn't run a large score against our half a team then they should be worried about the result that we will be.

Unfortunately we've picked up even more injuries now. Wellens out and Joe Greenwood has a broken leg and is already in hospital :(

Last edited:
Warrington were shocking again last night, somethings deffo not right!

Something is definitely not right. They look like a team who have stopped believing in the coach.

BTW, I'll do the league table after Mondays matches.
Not worth doing it yet with the short turnaround.

Certainly some strange results after today's matches.

Warrington lost their second match of the Easter weekend as they were shocked 22-14 by Castleford at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Warrington v Castleford - 06 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Hull KR beat Huddersfield 20-16 at the KC Stadium to make it three wins in a row

Hull K R v Huddersfield - 06 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Kevin Sinfield passed the 4,000 point total for his career as Super League leaders Leeds Rhinos romped to a 48-22 win over bottom-of-the-table Wakefield at Headingley Carnegie.

Leeds v Wakefield - 06 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Salford Red Devils end a run of 17 defeats in a row to Wigan with a 24-18 win.

Salford v Wigan - 06 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Champions St Helens suffered a third successive loss as they were beaten by Hull FC

St Helens v Hull - 06 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Catalans Dragons are up to sixth in the Super League standings after easing to a 32-16 victory over Widnes Vikings in France.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/live/match/42471

Super League table: Week 9

2hewndt.jpg

Castleford Tigers climbed above Hull KR into fifth place in the first Utility Super League courtesy of a 25-4 victory at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle.

Castleford v Hull K R - 11 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Jamie Peacock’s first-half brace helped Leeds Rhinos to a 28-18 victory over Salford Red Devils at the AJ Bell Stadium.

Salford v Leeds - 12 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

St Helens ended a three-match losing run with a bruising 11-8 victory over Huddersfield at the John Smith's Stadium.

Huddersfield v St Helens - 12 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

Wigan ran in nine tries as they eased to a comprehensive 34-0 victory over the Catalans Dragons at the DW Stadium.

Wigan v Catalans - 12 April 2015 | Report | Super League | Sky Sports Rugby League

[h=1]Sam Tomkins returns to Super League and hometown club Wigan[/h]Sam Tomkins returns to Super League and hometown club Wigan | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

Oh my what a surprise...like no one guessed that was going to happen.

Another of a long list of failures bumped up by Wigan to be the world beaters they're not- Joel Tomkins, Mossop, etc.
He certainly hasn't set the NRL on fire and even Matty Johns has been quoted as saying he has been a huge flop considering the hype surrounding his signing.

And the alleged 'transfer fee' is a load of bollocks as well.
Everyone knew that the NZ Warriors were paying the original fee in installments and all Wigan have done is basically waved 200k of what they were owed on original fee.

[h=1]Sam Tomkins returns to Super League and hometown club Wigan[/h]Sam Tomkins returns to Super League and hometown club Wigan | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

Oh my what a surprise...like no one guessed that was going to happen.

Another of a long list of failures bumped up by Wigan to be the world beaters they're not- Joel Tomkins, Mossop, etc.
He certainly hasn't set the NRL on fire and even Matty Johns has been quoted as saying he has been a huge flop considering the hype surrounding his signing.

And the alleged 'transfer fee' is a load of bollocks as well.
Everyone knew that the NZ Warriors were paying the original fee in installments and all Wigan have done is basically waved 200k of what they were owed on original fee.

Not pleased Sam is coming back. He is a great player but feels the need to be an arrogant cheating git imho. He would be one of my favourite players if it wasn't for his attitude .

Good game last night Wigan v Warrington, enjoyed it even though we lost! Wire really need to sort out basic defending but the young lad Pattern looks very good!

Look forward to tonight's game..

Not a good show Saints. Good one rhinos. What's happened fangface?

Not a good show Saints. Good one rhinos. What's happened fangface?

Well done and fair play rawsy, Leeds were unbeatable tonight.

That kind of hammering has been on the cards for Saints since we seem to have hit a massive slump since the Easter games.
Wilkin, Jones, Richards and Flanagan absolutely hopeless. It says it all that we needed to get a first half embarrassing before we decided to actually look interested.

I was never one in favour of Cunningham becoming the coach and he needs to buck his ideas up and show he has more than a plan A. It was obvious after 15mns something needed to change but he stuck at it and Leeds ripped us to pieces.

I know Walsh is still getting game fitness after a lengthy injury but he should have been brought on at least for a spell in the 1st half. The damage was already done by the time the half time 'squawky bird' hooter blew.

Leeds were very good, so quick! I'd love to have Walsh, he's class..

I'd love to have Walsh, he's class..

Rumours coming out of Saints that Walsh has agreed to stay with us for another year. :excited:

Also been hearing that Wigan's Ryan Hampshire is none too pleased about the return of 'Super Sam' and is currently in talks with with Leeds.
He's also been linked with Saints and we were after him last season but nothing came of it.

It's a shame. Obviously in happy for Leeds but saints have battered us many times in the past and have lost their way. I hope they sort their crap out, we need good teams to keep hammering Wigan .

The only good thing is that we were on the end of a few good hidings like this last season and look how that turned out...

Back