Striker Henry 'to join Barcelona'

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just saw it on the news that Henry is going Barca for 16 million.

BBc news.

Barcelona are set to sign Arsenal striker Thierry Henry for a fee believed to be about £16m, according to reports coming out of Spain.
The player's agent, Jeff Weston, told BBC Sport: "The SEM Group have no comment to make."

I am sorry to see him go as I liked watching his skill in the Prem

a sad loss for the premiership.wonderful player he'll be missed.

Sad to see him go but I dont think his heart was at Arsenal last season. Only 16M?? We (West Ham) were prepared to pay 18M for Darren Bent lol

I'm sure the Gunners will replace him with a youngster with potential rather than a 'made' player

good riddance

dont get me wrong he is a legend and a wonderful player his best will always be at arsenal the same as vieira (and vieira has already said this!) and will be missed by myself

but like anelka, overmars, petit, and the rest they all thought we would never go on without them and we always bounce back stronger

is henry a good captain ?

is henry the same player he was 3 seasons ago ?

to me in a way its very good business and its a shame henry wont be loved like bergkamp for bergkamps loyalty always rested with arsenal and when bergy came he was already one of the best players in the world unlike henry who wenger made and vieira, pires....

and look to the mancs who sold nistelpoo and said they was finsihed and they won the league

we will replace him with someone and then its back to business...

but before we get above our stations this is a spanish radio station saying all this lol we might have to put up with a shit captain but great striker for another year lmao

Regards
Mickie D

Last edited:
think his performances recently werent what u expect for him, and a fresh start was needed, im surprised they didnt try get more than 16million for him as when hes on form hes unstopable

who would arsenal fans like the 16million spent on???????????

think his performances recently werent what u expect for him, and a fresh start was needed, im surprised they didnt try get more than 16million for him as when hes on form hes unstopable

who would arsenal fans like the 16million spent on???????????

If only they had an extra £1m they could buy Owen Hargreaves!! FFS that makes that price tag look even more ridiculous now Henry has a £16m price tag slapped on him!

If i was an Arsenal man id like to see Saviola, great finisher and silky as hell around the box too.

Wenger has a knack at plucking out a youngster for buttons and making him an outstanding player so I reckon he will do it again...thats if he stays.

honestly i would rather a good striker (un injured) and a great captain than henry.... and just watch how good van persy will be now he aint in henrys shadow.

we dont need no one special we need cover (good cover), all our youngsters are a year older and wiser and will come good im sure of this... for me if anything henry was holding them all back with his crap attitude to anyone who never passed to him

we wil be a team now first

If only they had an extra £1m they could buy Owen Hargreaves!! FFS that makes that price tag look even more ridiculous now Henry has a £16m price tag slapped on him!

If i was an Arsenal man id like to see Saviola, great finisher and silky as hell around the box too.

i like saviola aswell, very good player

id love to see etoo at arsenal but they prob need to pay 25 million for him lol
is eto better than henry lmao

maybe theyll try and get babel or huntelar from ajax

Times last year when I thought Arsenal were the best box to box team around, trouble was in both doxes the lost it. I think you may have a point about Henrys attitude, when a player thinks he is bigger than the club then strange things happen, but I will still miss his talent in the Prem.

yeah as i said i wont be to harsh he is a legend at arsenal and if he dont want to play for the club then he can go

what every arsenal fan i talk to says about this is he can go

its not just me read any arsenal news group and you will get most of the people saying this.

we all love henry for what he has done but there is always life after a player and ffs we cant wait on someone... i think we should of sold him last season and bought someone else.

arsenal need to stop this every year that one of our players is being either tapped up by players or gonna leave...

sell everyone know who dont want to play... gallas and fabregas next and sell them for alot of cash and by players that want to play even if it takes 4 years to get back to our best

for me these french players have no loyalty if you want to go then go simple lmao

have fun in the sun henry

At least you got him signed on a 4yr deal last season otherwise you might have been looking at a significantly smaller sum of money for him. In a way he's done you a favour, like Petrov did for Celtic.

At least you got him signed on a 4yr deal last season otherwise you might have been looking at a significantly smaller sum of money for him. In a way he's done you a favour, like Petrov did for Celtic.

yeah if you look at it like that your right

i still remember the time when anelka was sold the whole back papers in every paper was slammed with arsenal down and out and we wont be the same

and wenger bought henry lol...

what makes me laugh as i read the sky sports article and normally they wont never print bullshit stories lol

they say

henry has signed a 4 year deal at barcalona

but wenger is still negotiating a fee lmfao

how can a player under contrct sign a deal but its not yet been finalised because wenger is negotaitng pmsl

comon a player cannot sign a deal until he has been sold ffs lmao rofl

so until its done and dusted i still am scpeticle about anything spanish press or radio print lol

either way im happy ;)

Im sure the deal is in the bag - too many reports on the web for it to be wrong (but i guess you never know until the press conference... now that should be interesting..._

So if I assume the reports are true:

Th was a great player for us and scored loads of goals and broke the all time goalscorers record - but he also denied he was leaving - pledged his career to Arsenal - and signed a new lucraive deal at the end of last season. Well - I reckon that makes him just like all the others - a two faced bullshitter... Copped a years improved salary - spent most of it injured...if the last injury was real? Didnt seem to take much for him to go off against PSV and then not play again?? and then buggers off to Barca even though after the champions league final he was devastated enough to decide not to join them after all last time?

Which leads me to my next point Wenger?? 16 million - if Darren Bent is worth £17 million how on earth can TH only be 16???? Ok hes 29 but who cares - what sort of player are we gonna expect as a replacement??

Same as ever we let Viera go for next to nothing - we have lost Edu, Pires, Wiltord to name a few all for either low fees or frees?? What is it with Arsene? Cant give more than 1 year deals to over 30's are you serious??

I know- lets get loads of youngsters - we can get them in at 14 - train them - blood them in the carling cup - and then loan them to Birmingham/Cardiff etc... and then let them go for 1/2 million?

Or we could get obsessed with "big name targets" like Reyes pay fortunes for them and find they cant hit a barn door (unless its something really important like winning la liga for Real Madrid?? Or we could be so gutted to lose out on a player (Baptista) we can loan our most expensive signing in exchange for him to find he cant hit a barn door either and cant even keep a football under control?? Brazillian flair - he must have been an illegal Venezualan import posing as a Brazillian??

To add a bit of balance we do sometimes get it right... Bergkamp (oh no that was Bruce Rioch) Fabregas is a good little player nice and skillful - just what we really need with no hard tackler in the middle... but he will surely go to Real Madrid before his is 24??

Wheres the £40 million war chest?? good news its gone up to £56 million?>> I havent seen us in the market for any big name lately - Nice new stadium - I know Ive seen the pictures on the net - cant afford to go these days because you have to be at least a red member to "maybe" get a ticket for some pony game that silver members dont want to see? Not that I could go anyway at the prices these days? I thought the prices might go down a bit with 60,000 seats to fill - how wrong was I - the extra 20,000 are all corporates so some no mark who probably supports Spurs can sit in pure comfort Quaffing champagne at his bosses expense while us real fans can listen to 5 live??

Its all gone to pot - up to our necks in debt for nothing - no trophies - no prospect of winning anything - struggling to make 4th spot every year - a selling club - someone best make the call to Stan Kronke otherwise if we miss out on teh champions league next season we could go the way of Leeds??

Rant over!!

what...16 million thats a bargain.....for a player of his class i aint no gunners fan also..i though hed at least be worth 20 mill +...come on man u paid 18 mill for hargreaves, charlton refused 14 mill for bent, spurs paid 10 mill for berbatov.... bargain of the century...

i see wenger going also very sooon...

if he was just 16 million liverpool should of put a bid in for him!! If he has gone barca then what a formiddable strikeforce they hav- Henry, Eto, Messi, Ronaldinho.

I just wonder now whether Wenger and Fabregas will follow Henry out the door....

what...16 million thats a bargain.....for a player of his class i aint no gunners fan also..i though hed at least be worth 20 mill +...come on man u paid 18 mill for hargreaves, charlton refused 14 mill for bent, spurs paid 10 mill for berbatov.... bargain of the century...

i see wenger going also very sooon...

henry going im not so bothered

wenger leaving now thats a worrying factor ;)

but he has never broke a contract and said he never will he for a frenchman is a man of his word so arsenal have a season to proove to him what we are about

listen let me tell you that while i agree 16 million for henry is not a good fee and yes a bargain .... who of you actually believe its 16 million (not me anyway)

and on another note we finsihed 4th some way of utd and chelski but level with liverpool and the worst injuries out of the big 4 we also have the ebst record out of the top 4 head to head (so we aint shit lol) and we also had henry and persy injured for the most of the campaign.

now tell me again why can we not buy another striker and do better ?

if we can finish 4th with the team we have and virtually henry free (and very poor season for him) then we can only improove next with or without henry

you also have the shit captain that he is and has never been the same player since getting the armband!!!!

he would not ever give the armband to gilberto so i think wenger knows this aswell

dont worry gooners football is an amazing sport and we are a top club and will be there abouts next season ;)

Thierry Henry says he is quitting Arsenal to join Spanish giants Barcelona on a four-year deal.
"I still must pass a medical on Monday but yes, I have chosen Barcelona," the 29-year-old striker told French sports daily L'Equipe on Saturday

Back