Thierry Henry The Cheating Git

pks00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone see the game? I just saw the highlights on the news and couldnt believe the blatant handball and he admitted it. As a result, Ireland are out.

Never expected that from a player like Henry. But then he is french ;)

Source The Beeb:

Republic of Ireland defender Richard Dunne said he felt "cheated" of a World Cup place after his team's 2-1 aggregate loss to France in Paris.

French striker Thierry Henry handled the ball in the build up to William Gallas's decisive extra-time goal earning a 1-1 draw on the night.

Dunne said: "Henry admitted afterwards he handled it, but it doesn't make me feel any better. We were cheated."

Henry added: "I will be honest it was a handball but I'm not the referee."

The Barcelona striker clearly handled the ball to stop it going out of play and then prodded it across goal for Gallas to nod home in the 104th minute. That left Ireland little time to reply having taken an early lead through Robbie Keane's strike after 33 minutes.

Giovanni Trapattoni's side carved out a number of chances but survived an appeal for a France penalty when Nicolas Anelka appeared to be tripped by Irish keeper Shay Given.

The Swedish referee Martin Hansson denied the hosts but he, nor the linesman, failed to spot the Henry handball in an albeit crowded penalty area.

"Fifa will probably be happy," added Dunne. "Yet again the big decisions have gone for the bigger team.

"There has to be a case for matches of this importance for a fourth official to look at replays and get the calls right."

Captain Robbie Keane also claimed Fifa president Sepp Blatter and his Uefa counterpart Michel Platini got the result in Paris they wanted.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "They're all probably clapping hands, Platini sitting up there on the phone to Blatter, probably texting each other, delighted with the result.

"Henry nearly caught it, so it's a bit of a killer. When you see the reaction of the players, Shay especially, he's two yards away from it and you don't get a reaction like that if he's not sure it's a handball.

"He almost caught it and ran into the net with it.

"Henry is a top player and has been for a long time but it was a clear handball he dragged it in from going out. He nearly caught it. I wouldn't expect it from anyone."

Remarkably, Henry sat down on the pitch with Dunne after the final whistle and said afterwards he admitted the handball to the Irish defender.

"I told Dunne," Henry said. "He said the same to me, 'you're not the ref'. That's why the players did not come to me, that's why they went to the referee.

"You can clearly see the opportunity. Sebastien Squillaci went to jump for the ball with two Irish players and I'm behind him. The next thing I know the ball hit my hand, my arm even. It was right in front of me, I played it.

"The ref allowed it and that's a question you should ask him."

Manager Trapattoni said it was sickening to go out of the World Cup in such a manner: "We are angry. It is a bitter evening for me.

"The referee should have asked Henry, I'm sure he would have admitted there was a handball.

"We played a great game. We deserved to win."

Assistant coach Liam Brady added: "It is a shameful day for football when something like that happens.".

Did Henry just become the Maradona of Irish football?

no one mentioned the dive either from anelka

wtf is wrong with these french players who cheat and dive when things dont go there way

u got ngog [liverpool v birmingham] who got his team a point from diving now u got anelka last night blatently diving then not even getting booked for it and then the blatent double handball, one to stop the ball going out and another to control the ball to flick it across the box

i am sorry but last night the 2nd half was about a crap french team who couldn't compete with ireland who resorted to cheating when they couldn't score, it was a brilliant game then got trashed by cheats

FIFA need to stamp on this quick, it is getting worse every year

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFz_VNTdjyU"]Youtube[/ame]

I hate football.

But love shit like this.

The dirty bastard.

Ref's career would be on the line if France had gone out. ? ( maybe) ??

:( :(

Back