Striker Henry 'to join Barcelona'

Been trying hard to ignore this thread but can't help it any longer i have to vent my frushtrating.

very sad to see henry go, he was our goal machine i don't think arsenal will be up there next season fighting for the premiership or champions league for that matter. We need a striker that can produce the amount of goals that henry scored for us to win things. To many youngsters in a first team is not good, we also need players who have the experience and physical strength. I don't think adebayour would be a replacement for henry, and that baptista is useless for us. I, have a sick feeling inside at the moment, not looking forward to next season. The Arsenal board fecked up big time.

dark day for me.

because like ronaldo he was not so great for 3 seasons maybe then came amazing last season

we have many players who are young with alot of class and like ronaldo they need time for experiance and the best way of experiance is matches -- not age, for example is all the 28 year olds in the 1st and 2nd devision as good as our young 19 and 20 year olds HELL NO or we have them playing for us

wenger aint no fool players need time to progress and they done alot last season and the season before with a champions league final

they have alot of experiance now and they only needed to be able to finish last season as we created more chances than utd and chelski WITHOUT HENRY AND RVP

we also moved to a new stadium new ground no one has ever playe at before so needed time to make it a home

we won the head to head table against the top 4 and henry played only one of them games

ok we are so FOOKED LOL

would we of finsihed 4th if we had played at highbury (a fortress for arsenal.... no we would of won most of them silly games we drew)

anyone thinking arsenal are anything less than class will see next season without henry we have class in all areas

I really do hope so, and I hope i'm proved wrong.

it was a dark day when anelka left pal and overmars and peit in one swoop but we bounced back

i am a gooner for life and will always sing if we win or not

but all this doom and gloom is a bit sickening ok hes a big loss but are we going to cry about it or get on with it.... and the transfer season is still open for a good few months

what if wenger bought tevez and owen/martins and babel

would we still be so fooked ?, i think wenger will stay at arsenal but hey he may not but still we will go on and come back stronger no matter what.

personally im happy we can go on without his sulking and arrogance which made him the player he is but we might still have reyes if he never kept daggering him out every time a cross went off his radar.

at the end of next season i will tell you i told you so then you can say hey we dont need him as much as you think ;)

Last edited:
hey onto another thing last week i was doing an inspection round near the new highbury square and its coming on very well

http://www.thestadium-highbury.com/downloads/cgi001_1024x768.jpg

i heard of a friend who works on domestic installs for them that arsenal has paid 80 million to redevelop old highbury into super high spec flats and once its completed they will sell the whole lot on for 280 million, just a rumour of course they could be losing money lol.

not a bad turn around and i see they are also developing property around the emerates also to be sold off to very rich people and also heard that they own already 300 propertys around highbury.

i think thats why the board wont sell up ebcause alot of arsenal money is tied up in property and they would lose to much in selling

Last edited:
hey onto another thing last week i was doing an inspection round near the new highbury square and its coming on very well

i heard of a friend who works on domestic installs for them that arsenal has paid 80 million to redevelop old highbury into super high spec flats and once its completed they will sell the whole lot on for 280 million, just a rumour of course they could be losing money lol.

not a bad turn around and i see they are also developing property around the emerates also to be sold off to very rich people and also heard that they own already 300 propertys around highbury.

i think thats why the board wont sell up ebcause alot of arsenal money is tied up in property and they would lose to much in selling

i also herd that thay are turning old hibury into very posh flats and complex...

i also herd that thay are turning old hibury into very posh flats and complex...

yeah highbury is highbury square... i added a photo in that post of what it wil look like

i think once that is built and sold they will do very well because it will pay a huge chunk of the stadium off... also thats why it cost 400 million because they needed the loan to also redevelop the old highbury.

That would be a huge boost to the club if we could get 280m one day, but it all a long length process. With the money we get from henry i do hope w get some new players in, i don't want to see arsenal not winning anything again. it hurts sometimes. What ever happens I be behind arsenal right the way through, coz i'm a true gooner.

henry going im not so bothered

wenger leaving now thats a worrying factor ;)

Mickie if we lose Wenger then i think its all over for us, lossing a player isnt to bad ....but lossing a manager with a proven background with a club will be worrying!!! I have a feeling Wenger will leave......and i think thats when arsenal will become a mid table team.

what else gets me is the fee £16m is that it!!!!....which is why i believe there must be a deal with a barcalona player

BBC reports are suggesting we are going for Tevez or Anelka.....WTF even though anelka is good he is a prick and i dont want him back!

Last edited:
yeah i agree once you go down one avenue you should not explore it again lol, he is a very good player infact a fantastic player but we should not go for him

tevez would be very nice and so would babel or maybe owen or martins they both have get out clause's also would not mind benny macarthy either a very good player.

jesus owen would be perfect for all the chances we miss he would lap them up for fun but would he stay injury free ????.... i dont think so, 9 million is worth a gamble though i think anyway.

but if wenger will stay he wil find us a talent that is not known and around 20 and maybe just maybe they will be a super star who knows

Regards
Mickie D

this thread has more posts than the liverpool and the man utd thread lol which have been here a few weeks lol must be interesting news

this thread has more posts than the liverpool and the man utd thread lol which have been here a few weeks lol must be interesting news

Must be interesting news...lol, I have been in the car 4 times today and I always listen to Talksport and they have always been talking about it, so yes it must indeed be interesting.

Didn't Arsenal turn down an offer of £50 Million for Henry last season?
How has his price dropped so dramatically?

the only way he would of been sold for 50 million is if chelski wanted to buy him

i dont know the full story either i think it will be told tomorrow as wenger is making a speech about the whole thing until then we will hear figures

for barca fans they want to hear 16 million as its a great price but they wont want to hear that arsenal will get 150,000 for every start he makes

im not saying thats anything that is happening (its just an example) but i think there will be alot of clauses like goals scored, starts, medals....

but 16 million is apparently the base figure

so who knows they might win a quadripple and owe us an extra 25 million pmsl who knows ????

he might get injured (and i hope not) and all we get is 16 million ?

That seems to be the way of it now, as Utd just got 1 million because Real Madrid win the title with RVN.

the only way he would of been sold for 50 million is if chelski wanted to buy him

I'm sure I remember reading that Arsenal actually turned down an offer from Barca for
£50 Million.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out tomorrow, or whenever Wenger talks about it.

for barca fans they want to hear 16 million as its a great price but they wont want to hear that arsenal will get 150,000 for every start he makes

im not saying thats anything that is happening (its just an example) but i think there will be alot of clauses like goals scored, starts, medals....

Your probably right, because £16 Million sounds a bit low to me.

no team on the earth except chelski would pay 50 million for a 29 year old imagine if he played really badly got a serious injury

i dont even think barcalona have 50 million to spend on a player/players that is a serious amount of money for one player, im not taking the piss but i think you read a sun article there pal.

considering that shevchenko is 30 and sold for 30 mill. henry sold for only 16 mill is the dumbest thing arsenal have ever done. they should have just said to henry you want to go fine as long as barca pay 25 mill.

Back