Striker Henry 'to join Barcelona'

i woke up with a little happyness this morning and a thumping head ache lol (drinking) anyway its a new era now for us and i will be looking forward not backward.

as a gooner fan i want to thank henry for his service and his briliance and making us a very successful club in th process

cheers henry you will be missed

but now i am thinking what youngster will wenger snap up to join us and make him a legend the same as henry, vieira, pires, petit etc

but its good to get this done now and not at the end of the season and leave us with no ideas... for me as i posted before henry aint the player he used to be maybe its because of his arrogence as a french person or because he just never had the heart to play at arsenal no more and it looked like the uninjury proon henry started getting alot of injuries maybe with age.

either way i think its the right decision now in his carea and the future of arsenal we need a strong captain not someone who wants a pass, before henry was the star of arsenal and he had players like vieira, pires, bergkamp, keown all round him to put him in his place... but now he was the boss the one who called the shots in the dressing room and against players decissions i think they will be free to play now and i hope so to.

players with calm influence like gilberto will help the younger players develop

henry wil look back and remember his roots and we will welcome him as a star of arsenal in 4 years time when he wants to move back to london and be around the gooners ;)

have fun thiery and we wish you well m8

Regards
Mickie D

sham that henry has gone but out with the old in with the new....
one of the best players the prem has ever seen...
but all good things come to a end......

cant see the gunners geting any siler ware this sesson comeing....

you lot are wondering who wenger will replace him with????

i am wondering whether he will be there to replace henry with someone...

"Arsene has been part of my life for as long as I can remember," wrote Henry.

"Unfortunately and understandably he has said that at this moment he will not commit to the club past the expiration of his current deal which finishes at the end of the coming season.

"I respect his decision and his honesty but I will be 31 at the end of next season and I cannot take the chance to be there without Arsene Wenger and David Dein.

Does any one really know why David Dein left? all arsenal lacked last season was a finisher... Henry is probably the best finisher in the world!

so why cant henry leave when wenger leaves pmsl

you believe all that crap... you even believe henry wrote that letter pmsl

to the sun

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA

@ scot rich i reckon everyone said that when you sold nistelrooy you cant judge arsenal worse than utd's position last season and you own the prem lol and to boot you lost 5 games aswell with a load of draws the worst record or winning the prem i think.

so unless the standard boosts 30% - 50% its open season for anyone to be consistant even lower teams.

i love the writing us off you all did it with anelka, overmars, petit etc etc

if we have wenger for a season its long enough to convince him where to stay and the mans never broke a contact in his life i will take his word unlike henry last season and i quote

i will end my carea at arsenal... i will see out my contract lol

happy huntings ;)

@mickie d i think the diffrence is that man utd had some well exprenced players still after ruud left and some young ones comeing thro...
the gunners let to many big stars go one after the other..wich is very had to replace...
anyway i sure yous will be better off for it 16mill in the bank and now room for van the man and co to start shinging,as it looked like thay werent able to fully do that with heny at the helm of evry thing......

@mickie d i think the diffrence is that man utd had some well exprenced players still after ruud left and some young ones comeing thro...
the gunners let to many big stars go one after the other..wich is very had to replace...
anyway i sure yous will be better off for it 16mill in the bank and now room for van the man and co to start shinging,as it looked like thay werent able to fully do that with heny at the helm of evry thing......

i agree with the later part 100% and i have been saying it for ages for me we should of sold henry last season and bought a top young striker and we would of had a season to weave that striker in and still finish 4th where we are now and we would of got 25 million then lol.

but we do have experiance... lehman (sometimes a cock lol but a good keeper still), gallas, toure, gilberto (in my opinion a great captain!!!), van persy even cesc fabregas is still young but has played like 200+ games at top flight (thats alot of experiance), remember most of our young players have all played many games they may be young but they know what the premiership is about and will be ready to go again with more experiance.

i think everyone is acting a bit silly 16 million is a little low but he is 30 now and will peek his best which i think we have seen in our unbeaten season and the ones before that i dont know but.

and i also heard its 20 million so who will know the figure you can garuntee there will be starts aswell added into that so it will be alot mroe than 16

its sad for the premiership because when arguably the best striker leaves for spain our league deminishes like nistelrooy going last season and beckham before him.

anyway i am really looking forward now to seeing what they can do without henry, im sure we can do well we have a huge fan base sometimes very quiet but this might change all that because our team will need us now.

Regards
Mickie D

mickie d as a gunner i totally agree with everything you said wenger has got it right so far with all the big players he has got rid of,my concern is like yours let him go great player but hearts not with arsenal and if you think back to viera injury hit season then left(done nothing since) some simalaritys there i feel,but my main concern is is fab and wenger as they are the 2 people who could be swayed into leaving (I hope i,m wrong) on a lighter note wenger has never let us down so with a couple of new players and our injured players back who knows we could do a utd

hi jim dont worry about anything if someone wants to go we must let them go

imagine keeping henry and him being a cock in the training and dressing room all season lowering moral... you will see they will have a clear head and wont need to make that pass that henry has to have

reyes left in my opion because some of the looks henry would give him and its not made up it was there 3 seasons ago for everyone to see.

i worry about gallas being a cock more than anything else now

and if fabregas wants to go then he can go aswell but wenger is another matter he wont be so easy to replace but in the end he will be replaceable aswell but very difficult

for me selling henry is a very very good thing in the long run but he will be missed he is class but not an arsenal man anymore.

Regards
Mickie D

lets just see who old venger gets to full the gap i dont think it has to be a world class player id say mide range as yous have stil got theo wallcot
gillberto seems to fit the captions arm band well,better than heny done anyway....
well he has goner thay allways go in the end nuffing last for ever..
lets just see how the tranfers window go,s then when the sesson starts wee can all shout our two bob bits worth....lol

lets just see who old venger gets to full the gap i dont think it has to be a world class player id say mide range as yous have stil got theo wallcot
gillberto seems to fit the captions arm band well,better than heny done anyway....
well he has goner thay allways go in the end nuffing last for ever..
lets just see how the tranfers window go,s then when the sesson starts wee can all shout our two bob bits worth....lol

If they dont get a world class player to fill the gap how are they going to stand a chance of competing with manchester utd and chelsea next season.

If they dont get a world class player to fill the gap how are they going to stand a chance of competing with manchester utd and chelsea next season.[/QU

bye geting the best out of the players thay have at the moment,im not saying dont bye big but venger knows talent and he cant spend 5mill or so on a player at,20 or 22 and turn him itto world class like heny viera pires freddie ext ext.....

because like ronaldo he was not so great for 3 seasons maybe then came amazing last season

we have many players who are young with alot of class and like ronaldo they need time for experiance and the best way of experiance is matches -- not age, for example is all the 28 year olds in the 1st and 2nd devision as good as our young 19 and 20 year olds HELL NO or we have them playing for us

wenger aint no fool players need time to progress and they done alot last season and the season before with a champions league final

they have alot of experiance now and they only needed to be able to finish last season as we created more chances than utd and chelski WITHOUT HENRY AND RVP

we also moved to a new stadium new ground no one has ever playe at before so needed time to make it a home

we won the head to head table against the top 4 and henry played only one of them games

ok we are so FOOKED LOL

would we of finsihed 4th if we had played at highbury (a fortress for arsenal.... no we would of won most of them silly games we drew)

anyone thinking arsenal are anything less than class will see next season without henry we have class in all areas

and anothing thing wenger bought a 16 year old wonder kid who is tipped for great things last week does that seem like the man who wants to leave the club ?

why buy young players to come through if you dont intend on being here

if fabregas goes we wil get about 30 million because he is 20 and under contract until 2012, i would love fabregas to stay he is amazing but thats life and we are dealt with these situations and we have to show what we are made of

very sad to see a great player leave. but its not the be all and end all. and to everyone who says arsenal need to buy someone as big as henry, remember what henry was when he came here? remember what anelka was when he got here, vieira, petit, they were all nothing. i think arsene will spot a talent. if he didnt think there was any use for him staying this season he wouldnt be here he would leave. wenger has a plan, at least for the year ahead.

also, henry spent 8 years at arsenal, 8 good years. not many players will stay this long at a club these days, so thanks to him for that.
it would have been good to see him play alongside van persie a full season as i think van persie is a dennis bergkamp in the making.

That letter in The Sun almost had me fooled - right up to the point where he says "i cant take the chance the Wenger and Dein wont be at the club?) - unless Im very much mistaken Dein or Wenger havent gone to Barca?? So whats the difference!!??

I think Wenger will go if not before the season starts then at the end - if he goes before it will be all about the board making it impossible for him to stay and how he really didnt want to go before his contract was up!!

Bringing in young superstars doesnt convince me he is staying either - he will just take them with him wherever he goes - its easier to buy a youngster who you have protected and held back a bit on the cheap rather than see them go to another big club and shine and suddenly be worth £10-20 million. Hes too shrewd - he knows what he is doing.

As I said before they are all only interested in themselves and how much money they can make - all that crap from Henry about love and loyalty - he could have stayed and took over the managers job in 4 years with Wenger moving upstairs - he was revered that much!!

I feel like im being really pessemistic but this is how the situation looks - I say get rid of anyoe who doesnt want to be at the club - Gallas included!!

comon gooner71 contracts are not important like they used to be so i agree they could all go

so lets all brace ourselfs for the biggest exodus ever in football

comon your having a laugh, london is one of the biggest capitols in the world expanding all the time we are the most successful and followed club in london so we have a big fan base, the best club stadium in the land, best facillities in london by a country mile

the best scouting network in the country

oh because wenger goes it will all fall apart

jesus life moves on after these players, wenger will be here next season he has given his word and he will leave if he goes the best scouting network in the world players who will be under contract so he will have to pay alot of cash for all of these players!

lets see what happens this season it might surprise you m8y but dont be so negative we have alot of very very very very good reasons to be happy about ;)

I will miss seeing Henry in english football. Wastn the same player last season tho... I dont think they got very good price because of that.
What was the price for bent...? lol And u keep and few mill in the deal. ;) {And screw WHL deal up} And save us from defoe. we all be happy.

Its true what you say the club will go on with great facilities and all that - I do wonder though how much of the greating scouting network wouldbe dismantled by Wengers departure though!! As for giving his word about staying - TH gave his word he was staying till the end of his career so I wouldnt put much credence to that these days!!!

Its not all doom and gloom - and I see now we are in for Tevez so this might turn into a good thing really - I suppose Im just a bit gutted really - Th has done things for the club in terms of skill and excitement that I dream about!!!

Its not all doom and gloom - and I see now we are in for Tevez so this might turn into a good thing really - I suppose Im just a bit gutted really - Th has done things for the club in terms of skill and excitement that I dream about!!!

im with you pal about the henry thing

wenger is not an henry type person he dont score/watch a goal and look to the sky like he is god and everyone is lucky to be watching he is a humble man sometimes freaks out lmao aswell (furgy had that effect on him and vice versa)

but henry can hide behind the wenger not commiting and dein leaving all he wants

fook me dein must of been in the locker room every day (and that to me seems strange aswell directors look after the club at management level) i wonder how many training sessions he went to - i bet **** all or very close to **** all... its all a smoke screen because he wants to go to barca and not upset the fans to much lol

and good luck to him but he sould say that he dont think arsenal can compete for honours like barca and wants to win things

i would much rather here this the truth than a load of crap about his lover dein lol and wenger.

we have a year and we need to make sure he stays and that starts with the fans we have such a big following and we cant even sing a song in the emerates without some corporate **** looking at you like you have inturupted there viewing

carlos tevez woud be a great signing for sure i would like to see babel on th pitch aswell he already said he wants to play for us and is quality and 20... drops of to the left aswell could it be lol

comon gooners get behind us we will prove them all wrong like we have so many times before pmsl

Also remember with Henry gone young woolcott will get more starts and I think he'll be as good as Henry in a few years time ;)

Back