Spiderbox - My personal review

Which box was reviewed here by the OP, 5000, 7000 or 9000?

additionally what is a reliable linux based box someone can recommend for CS..

1. it was a 9000hd

2. sd, dm600/tm600 or hd vu+/dm800

regards mdt

i am no longer a spiderbox owner and it feels very good lol

without taking the gift into account, they are a good, simple to use receiver

and the remote is the best ive come across

like i say the spiderbox, starview sv9600 are good boxs, not had a problem if you get a serv that runs 2.1.1 then they are bang on.

theres also these which is a nother version of the same boxs.

HD PVR Satellite Receiver Support CCCAM Blind Scan B018 on eBay (end time 18-Aug-10 13:18:10 BST)

thats the same as starvew box with a different front, which is the same as the spider except spider doesnt have cam slots and component out.

incidently, havent tried the above box............

like i say the spiderbox, starview sv9600 are good boxs, not had a problem if you get a serv that runs 2.1.1 then they are bang on.

HD PVR Satellite Receiver Support CCCAM Blind Scan B018 on eBay (end time 18-Aug-10 13:18:10 BST)

thats the same as starvew box with a different front, which is the same as the spider except spider doesnt have cam slots and component out.

Intresting...the Solomend 800HD/Sathawk/Skybox is the same as a SV9600 ? Didnt know that...i've always found Starview cable boxes rubbish to be honest...
The Solmends and other clones of it look a good deal for the price, HD CCCAM compatible, PVR for just over 95 quid...

I doubt that the Solomend/Sathawk/Skybox are the same as the spiderbox though...The solomend is Ali CPU and chipset...thought the Spiderbox was a different chipset....

Last edited:

Spider 9000 has 2 cam slots and 1 card reader and much more that you have missed.

Supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 and fully DVB compliant
- Satellite receiver
- 2 Slots common interface for Viaccess, Irdeto, Cryptoworks, Nagravision, Conax, Mediaguard and etc.
- 1 Slot smart card
- DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS
- Aspect ratio adjustment 4:3 (16/9 crop), 4:3 (16/9 letterbox), 16:9 (4/3 pillar box)
-User friendly OSD and operation
- Total 8,000 Channels Programmable
- Multi-language audio support Multi-language menu text support
- Favorite channel selections
- Parental Guide and rating control
- EPG(Provider Electronic Program Guide) for On Screen Channel Information
- On-Screen Display with 65,536 Color
- Blind scan(Power Scan) & Powerful EPG
- Zoom Function in Pause
- Dolby Digital Bitstream Out through S/PDIF(Optical & Coaxal)
- Seletable output for 1080i, 720P, 480P and 480i format
- Multiple Video Outputs
“HDMI1.1, Component(YPbPr), Composite”
- USB 2.0 Host (Access to HDD, USB memory, Others etc) : 2 Port
- Upgrade Software & Update Channel Database through USB 2.0 Port and RS232
- MP3 File Play by USB 2.0
- PVR Ready via USB
- Recorded file play on PC
- Reservation Recoding by EPG function
- Multimedia file play by USB 2.0
- Home streaming

SpiderBox HD 9000 Specifications >
1. Conditional Access Interface
 SMART CARD 1 Slot
ISO 7816, GSM11.11 and EMV (payment systems) compatibility
 PCMCIA 2 Slot
DVB Common Interface Standard
(Viaccess,Irdeto,NagraVision,Conax,Crytoworks,AlpahCrypt …)
2. Tuner & Channel(DVB-S2)
 Type 1  F Type, IEC169-24, Female
 Frequency Rage 950MHz to 2150MHz
 RF Impedance 75 Ohm unbanlanced
 Signal Level -65 to -25 dBm
 LNB Power 13/18Vdc +/- 5%, 0.5Amax, Overload Protected
 22KHz Tone Frequency :224KHz +/- 2KHz, 0.6Vpp +/- 0.2V
 DiSEqC Control Version1.0, 1.2, Tone burst A/B
 Demodulation QPSK, 8PSK
 Input Symbol Rate DVB-S QPSK : 1~45 Msps
DVB-S2 8PSK/QPSK : 10~30Msps
 FEC Decoder 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 3/5, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10 in DVB-S2 mode.
1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 in DVB-S mode.
3. System & Memory
 Main Processor STi7101
 Flash Memory 8 Mbytes
 System Memory 128 Mbytes
 A/V Memory 64 Mbytes
 Channel Capacity Digital Channel: 8,000
 Front 7-Keys, 7-SEGMENT DISPLAY
4. MPEG Transport Stream & A/V Decoding
 Transport Stream 13818-1 MPEG-2, H.264/AVC Transport stream Specification
 Profile Level MPEG-2 MP@ML, MP@HL, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC
 Input Rate Max. 90Mbit/s
 Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9, Letter Box
 Frame Rate 25Hz for PAL, 30Hz for NTSC
 Video Resolution 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i
 Teletext Through VBI
 Audio Decoding MPEG-1 Layer 1 & 2, Dolby Downmix
 Audio Mode Single Channel/Dual Channel Joint Stereo/Stereo
 Frequency Response 20~20kHz, <+/-2dB
60Hz ~ 18kHz <+/- 0.5dB

5. A/V & Date In/Out
 HDMI HD Video/Audio Output
 RCA Output CVBS, L, R Output(Yellow, White, Red Jack) with Volume Control
Component Video(YPbPr) Out
 SPDIF Dolby Digital Bitstream Out(Coaxal, Optical)
 Data Interface - RS-232, Bit Rate: 115,200baud
Connector: 9-pin D-sub Male type
- USB : USB 2.0, Type A Connector, 2Port
- Ethernet : 10/100Mbps, DHCP Supporting, RJ-45
6. RF Modulator
 RF-Connector 75 ohm IEC 169-2, Male/Female
 Frequency 470MHz to 860MHz
 Output Channel CH21 ~ 69
 TV Standard PAL G/I/K Selectable by Menu Setting
 Audio Output Mono with Volume Control
 Preset Channel CH 38(or TBD). Software changeable by Menu Screen
7. Power Supply
 Input Voltage AC 90V ~ 250V, 50Hz ~ 60Hz
 Power Consumption Max 40W
 Protection Separate Internal Fuse
The input shall the lighting protection
8. Physical Specification
 Size(WxHxD) 300mm x 65mm x 215mm
 Weight 1.5 KG
9. Environmental Condition
 Operating Temperature 0 °C  40 °C
 Storage Temperature -10 °C  50 °C
 Operating Humidity Range 10~85% RH, Non-condensing
 Storage Humidity Range 5~90% RH, Non-condensing

i`m on about in comparison to the 7000hd buddy, but thats interesting though, i`ll have to have alook what the 9000hd looks like then.

if i get chancy i`ll have a looksy and take some piccys of the starview i have here from back and top, as far as i know they all just have different fronts....

oh and the starview has card reader also, forgot to mention that ;) HMMMMmmm will shove a card up its arse tonight and have a play, as its got newcs on menu as well.

you know what i`m gonna open one of each tomorrow, and i bet you a pound to a penny they are both made by the same company and just slightly different mainboard designs, i.e. the spiderbox7000hd will have empty sockets for cam slot and component, i`ll almost guarantee it.............if i get chance i`ll do it tomorrow

you get me wrong mate, i`m not after comparisons, i`m not after swaying anyone, i`m not affiliated with anyone, i`m simply reporting observations. I see from your replys i maybe touching some sort of raw nerve the way you are getting all defensive over the spider box! This is an open forum, i`m simply making open observations about how very very very similar the hardwares are.

chillout

you get me wrong mate, i`m not after comparisons, i`m not after swaying anyone, i`m not affiliated with anyone, i`m simply reporting observations. I see from your replys i maybe touching some sort of raw nerve the way you are getting all defensive over the spider box! This is an open forum, i`m simply making open observations about how very very very similar the hardwares are.

chillout

he dont own the thred m8 report wot you find m8 be intresting

Intresting...the Solomend 800HD/Sathawk/Skybox is the same as a SV9600 ? Didnt know that...i've always found Starview cable boxes rubbish to be honest...
The Solmends and other clones of it look a good deal for the price, HD CCCAM compatible, PVR for just over 95 quid...

I doubt that the Solomend/Sathawk/Skybox are the same as the spiderbox though...The solomend is Ali CPU and chipset...thought the Spiderbox was a different chipset....

I have a Solomend and a Spiderbox. No end of problems with my spider as regards cccam. The Solomend solid as a rock.
Edit: Ive just managed to sell my Spiderbox, thank god. Ive plugged my Tm500 in its place for the time being.Great having bouqets and epg back and rock solid also compared to the spider.

Last edited:
I have a Solomend and a Spiderbox. No end of problems with my spider as regards cccam. The Solomend solid as a rock.
Edit: Ive just managed to sell my Spiderbox, thank god. Ive plugged my Tm500 in its place for the time being.Great having bouqets and epg back and rock solid also compared to the spider.

yep mine was same constant on off ccam spiderbox team didnt want to know they were saying it was the server i was on which it wasnt i tested loads and my tm-500 was solid no crashes on my cline
there 1000s of others gettin same problem been on other forums read thru loads threds they say fixed problem aswell which they have not
if your server/server owner has ccam 2.11 on his server then server run good no crashes anythin higher than that it goes tits up i sold mine just like you did got dm-800 best thing i ever did

Spider box is for plug and play easy to use that all i have C line on my dream solid but with spider same line i have problem
if you know how to use Linux box than its best to have one

yep mine was same constant on off ccam spiderbox team didnt want to know they were saying it was the server i was on which it wasnt i tested loads and my tm-500 was solid no crashes on my cline
there 1000s of others gettin same problem been on other forums read thru loads threds they say fixed problem aswell which they have not
if your server/server owner has ccam 2.11 on his server then server run good no crashes anythin higher than that it goes tits up i sold mine just like you did got dm-800 best thing i ever did

i can confirm running fine on servers with 2.1.1 anything higher no matter what youve no chance..............

Back