Spiderbox - My personal review

Rumpelstiltskin.

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so got the Spiderbox and heres my first impressions.
Smart packaging, but that means nothing so I continue.
Remote looks good but that means nothing so I continue on lol
Ok took me 10 mins to set up and activate the gift, loaded everything via usb stick ie channel list/patches/softcams etc.
It auto sets up really no skill involved, finds your ip etc.
I ran the gift for a good few hrs and super reliable.
Used the Home streaming tool and great, can access my films on pc from spiderbox and it's works 100%
Used the timeshift and it works 100%
Used the pvr and records 100%
played avi's straight from usb and worked great.
No lipsync issues when on channels either.
Remote control can be programmed to use other devices ie dvd/tv/vcr etc. Works my tv perfect.
Back up channels and sw image via usb works 100%
You can manually enter shares via remote or text file via usb.
Tried n line from mate work 100%
Tried c lines from mates on cccam 211/212/213 and worked glitch free 100%
Tried c line on cccam 214 and glitched non stop. Darkman says team are working on this.

Picture quality fantastic.
can be rebooted in secs superfast!
This box looks smart, is easy to use.
One gift package is dearer than this receiver.

Just to add, it has rf in/out 2 scarts/hdmi etc 1 card slot and 2 cam slots.

The only downside to this receiver is the channel editor needs improving, But Darkman states the team are working on that.

Well I am glad I have tried this receiver, big thanks to DARKMAN for giving me the opportunity to try it.
I have now removed my TM600 from under the telly and this has taken it's place.
If as Darkman has said they can make Spiderbox server as well you have the total package in this receiver.

Value for money with gift 11 out of 10!
Value for money without gift 10 out of 10!

So far I cannot speak more highly of this receiver, I have left review for a few days before posting as wanted to be 100% sure it was as good as my first impressions were and it is!

This receiver is excellent bit of kit.

If you want a top quality HD receiver with card slots/cam slots pvr etc and capable of receiving shares then this receiver is a bargaiin at the price.
With the gift packages built in as well for 12 months you cannot go wrong.

Just to add, Bulsat and canal digitaal clears via softacm and not gift on these receivers. No other receiver does that!
Go and buy one now! you won't regret it.

only have to agree with all you say even on the Channel editor side of it that needs working on. Any software developer will make a tool much better than that one and i bet will not take long before one is out.

The issues people have with cccam are mostly down to bad servers, a problem you don't face because you are well sorted on that department.

Nothing is perfect but this one is getting close, and now with D+ adiction to gift, will get even better

Ok so got the Spiderbox and heres my first impressions.
Smart packaging, but that means nothing so I continue.
Remote looks good but that means nothing so I continue on lol
Ok took me 10 mins to set up and activate the gift, loaded everything via usb stick ie channel list/patches/softcams etc.
It auto sets up really no skill involved, finds your ip etc.
I ran the gift for a good few hrs and super reliable.
Used the Home streaming tool and great, can access my films on pc from spiderbox and it's works 100%
Used the timeshift and it works 100%
Used the pvr and records 100%
played avi's straight from usb and worked great.
No lipsync issues when on channels either.
Remote control can be programmed to use other devices ie dvd/tv/vcr etc. Works my tv perfect.
Back up channels and sw image via usb works 100%
You can manually enter shares via remote or text file via usb.
Tried n line from mate work 100%
Tried c lines from mates on cccam 211/212/213 and worked glitch free 100%
Tried c line on cccam 214 and glitched non stop. Darkman says team are working on this.

Picture quality fantastic.
can be rebooted in secs superfast!
This box looks smart, is easy to use.
One gift package is dearer than this receiver.

Just to add, it has rf in/out 2 scarts/hdmi etc 1 card slot and 2 cam slots.

The only downside to this receiver is the channel editor needs improving, But Darkman states the team are working on that.

Well I am glad I have tried this receiver, big thanks to DARKMAN for giving me the opportunity to try it.
I have now removed my TM600 from under the telly and this has taken it's place.
If as Darkman has said they can make Spiderbox server as well you have the total package in this receiver.

Value for money with gift 11 out of 10!
Value for money without gift 10 out of 10!

So far I cannot speak more highly of this receiver, I have left review for a few days before posting as wanted to be 100% sure it was as good as my first impressions were and it is!

This receiver is excellent bit of kit.

If you want a top quality HD receiver with card slots/cam slots pvr etc and capable of receiving shares then this receiver is a bargaiin at the price.
With the gift packages built in as well for 12 months you cannot go wrong.

Just to add, Bulsat and canal digitaal clears via softacm and not gift on these receivers. No other receiver does that!
Go and buy one now! you won't regret it.

thanks manic 01 for a unbiased review, can you give us an opinion on the blind scanning capabilaties and the tuner sensetivity please as my reason for wanting the 9000hd is for feed hunting mainly and the gift/c-line is a secondary consideration as i have another box for watching tv. regards mdt

thanks manic 01 for a unbiased review, can you give us an opinion on the blind scanning capabilaties and the tuner sensetivity please as my reason for wanting the 9000hd is for feed hunting mainly and the gift/c-line is a secondary consideration as i have another box for watching tv. regards mdt

Will check tomorrow mate, have not had a chance yet sorry.

aah digidude,
techno wiz and a good father.
somebody ordered the premium sub ^^

thanks for the reviews.
might get these boxes for my family cs network. will this box allow me to do stuff with it remotely. eg flashing new software, inputting clines, being able to watch streams over network etc.
or would i need direct access to the box?

Cheers,
CrazyFool.

So darkman gave you both a free box so you could post a positive review.

Pathetic.

aah digidude,
techno wiz and a good father.
somebody ordered the premium sub ^^

thanks for the reviews.
might get these boxes for my family cs network. will this box allow me to do stuff with it remotely. eg flashing new software, inputting clines, being able to watch streams over network etc.
or would i need direct access to the box?

Cheers,
CrazyFool.
you could not remotely,you could mail c lines ,updates and get them to copy onto flash pen but you could use program like flash fxp to enter spider.
T.B.H on Paradox statement i expected nothing less than manic01 said as he is completely biased towards Darkman/bobi and showed his colours several times in several posts.
@Digidude the scramble channel has happened several times to me and i change the network from auto to manual ip but interested to hear you comment on that.
Overall i agree with the majority of comments on this box with the exception of c lines running flawless as i simply dont believe it and put it down to propoganda .
It is a decent box though and if the cccam problem is fixed would be perfect ,until then i cant see how anyone can wholeheartedly recommend this to someone new to sat scene

I'll make my mind up once Digi has had more time and posts a full review.

No offence maniac01, but it's really no surprise that you gave the box such a good review. I'm not saying you are lying but I'm not the type to believe everything I read on the Internet, especially if it comes from a member who openly admits his admiration for the UK importer of hardware which he was given for free.

As an outsider, my opinion is that the box looks like an amazing buy for people wanting to switch over from Virgin Media to Satellite Cardsharing, from what I can muster from the scant reviews is that it's very user friendly even when it comes to the more tricky stuff like C: lines etc, if Bobi sticks to his word by supplying fixes, and patches are supplied readily and the 'Gift' remains active for it's quoted life span then I can see this box wiping the floor with the competition.

It's as as close to real Plug and Play as we're ever likely to get.

cheers for that chronoman.
did you say that you 'can' ftp into the box? wouldnt that allow somebody to gain access to the box over the internet thereby allowing to upgrade software etc.

this would have to be the most important feature for me as i'm planning on cs'ing with my family and i'm only gonna do it if i can fiddle with their box from the comfort of my lounge.
if not i guess i can fork out for a linux box

Cheers,
CrazyFool

No offence maniac01, but it's really no surprise that you gave the box such a good review. I'm not saying you are lying but I'm not the type to believe everything I read on the Internet, especially if it comes from a member who openly admits his admiration for the UK importer of hardware which he was given for free.

As an outsider, my opinion is that the box looks like an amazing buy for people wanting to switch over from Virgin Media to Satellite Cardsharing, from what I can muster from the scant reviews is that it's very user friendly even when it comes to the more tricky stuff like C: lines etc, if Bobi sticks to his word by supplying fixes, and patches are supplied readily and the 'Gift' remains active for it's quoted life span then I can see this box wiping the floor with the competition.

I agree totally.

Bobi send me the box and i'll give you an impartial review...

Just to clarified here..

No one ask me for a Box, No manic, NO digidude and even NO Pardox.

Manic-fearona ... Been suggest from Joedeoble ...and Manic has suggest even digidue for Digitalworldz Forum.

That's was for propose of testing Revie...No favorers of both sides...

Same is done even with You Pardox a week ago from Akrah has suggest about YOU for review on your new forum...

That is done even of some other Forums...

This is done not to ask for favors but let the Tester people to gave the right impression of the box and and help us for improvmnets.I have no hrad filling with it ..if they review in Spiderbox favor or against it i will get it like a lesson to be learn.

Thanks to all.

Bobi, you have the wrong parad0x

I don't have a forum, but I have a space left on my table for the gorgous looking spiderbox and a degree in english to write a totally impartial review ;)

LMAO.

Mr.Parad0x, some would say your post is somewhat underhanded.

Bobi, ignore him, sent the box to ME!

:)

cheers for that chronoman.
did you say that you 'can' ftp into the box? wouldnt that allow somebody to gain access to the box over the internet thereby allowing to upgrade software etc.

this would have to be the most important feature for me as i'm planning on cs'ing with my family and i'm only gonna do it if i can fiddle with their box from the comfort of my lounge.
if not i guess i can fork out for a linux box

Cheers,
CrazyFool

You Cannot ftp ,the only way to remotely change is to mail changes and get them to transfer via USB which is dodgy when your dealing with some of my m8's .lol

Lets just clarify something here shall we.
I am banned on all Darkman sites, A Lsat-Geroni mos- Spider forum. You name it and I am banned on them.
I am unbiased, ask Digidude he knows me well.
If the box was a piece of crap I would of posted that, that was the chance Darkman took sending to me and digidude.
You can put c line in manually or via usb stick so thats simple as well.
Box was set up in 10 mins or so.

Bobi can i have a free spiderbox to review please ?

well everybody else seems to be asking so why not lol

Back