Spiderbox - My personal review

Our budget for review boxes i am sorry is been OK for this Month...maybe next months we will get some more...
We will release some more soon in next batch...

I have big surprise for ever one here and satellite Hobby ...I have announcement here just 10 days ago Spiderbox
New development...Some one maybe should remeber...

Ok so got the Spiderbox and heres my first impressions.
Smart packaging, but that means nothing so I continue.
Remote looks good but that means nothing so I continue on lol
Ok took me 10 mins to set up and activate the gift, loaded everything via usb stick ie channel list/patches/softcams etc.
It auto sets up really no skill involved, finds your ip etc.
I ran the gift for a good few hrs and super reliable.
Used the Home streaming tool and great, can access my films on pc from spiderbox and it's works 100%
Used the timeshift and it works 100%
Used the pvr and records 100%
played avi's straight from usb and worked great.
No lipsync issues when on channels either.
Remote control can be programmed to use other devices ie dvd/tv/vcr etc. Works my tv perfect.
Back up channels and sw image via usb works 100%
You can manually enter shares via remote or text file via usb.
Tried n line from mate work 100%
Tried c lines from mates on cccam 211/212/213 and worked glitch free 100%
Tried c line on cccam 214 and glitched non stop. Darkman says team are working on this.

Picture quality fantastic.
can be rebooted in secs superfast!
This box looks smart, is easy to use.
One gift package is dearer than this receiver.

Just to add, it has rf in/out 2 scarts/hdmi etc 1 card slot and 2 cam slots.

The only downside to this receiver is the channel editor needs improving, But Darkman states the team are working on that.

Well I am glad I have tried this receiver, big thanks to DARKMAN for giving me the opportunity to try it.
I have now removed my TM600 from under the telly and this has taken it's place.
If as Darkman has said they can make Spiderbox server as well you have the total package in this receiver.

Value for money with gift 11 out of 10!
Value for money without gift 10 out of 10!

So far I cannot speak more highly of this receiver, I have left review for a few days before posting as wanted to be 100% sure it was as good as my first impressions were and it is!

This receiver is excellent bit of kit.

If you want a top quality HD receiver with card slots/cam slots pvr etc and capable of receiving shares then this receiver is a bargaiin at the price.
With the gift packages built in as well for 12 months you cannot go wrong.

Just to add, Bulsat and canal digitaal clears via softacm and not gift on these receivers. No other receiver does that!
Go and buy one now! you won't regret it.

That is incorrect. The Irdeto 2 emu is running on the Mvision HD boxes.
Just a couple of questions.
I see you have tested some servers. Did you test the premium packages that require ecm times consistently below 500ms in cccam and if so, how did they hold up?
How many C: lines does it accept simultaneously?
Can the the softcam keys be updated via the network or must they be updated via USB?
What is the tuner sensitivity like compared to other boxes you own?
What is the SD upscaling quality like?

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these boxes just to run the thing extensively through the wringer. I have seen a few conflicting opinions on this box and the reviews I've read have been a bit vague. If I decide to get one I'll post a review.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Yes can be true, all ways after Spiderbox .....
When spiderbox done IRD2 was no Mvission check the date of the s/w...even when was Via2.6...and like that will be all ways...I know what i am talking...They are lacky in one way or other...

I see you have tested some servers. Did you test the premium packages that require ecm times consistently below 500ms in cccam and if so, how did they hold up?
For me and many others use proper server Hold very very well.

Accept 10 Lines if is NO gift...If is Gift s/w exept 8 linex Mix from CCcam and Newcamd.more then i nuf.

Can the the softcam keys be updated via the network or must they be updated via USB?

Softcam need 20 need one 5 sec to get update from Usb .

I have change to compared with all STb mostly are in market for the job i do...and i have faund one of the BEST..

High Quality.

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these boxes just to run the thing extensively through the wringer. I have seen a few conflicting opinions on this box and the reviews I've read have been a bit vague. If I decide to get one I'll post a review.
Cheers.

Read more, be patince and after decede.

the ccam on the spiderbox is a LIVING JOKE it still cuts out etc even other guys getting this and they still claim its fixed lmfao
worst thing i ever did buy this box

I am sorry you have this problem mate, mine works ok.
I do have the odd disconnect issue but never when viewing only when left over night. Sometimes I need to turn off/on on the lines to get them working again.
They must be aware of this issue.
Maybe change your dns in router.

Cheers.

LMFAO wot a load of shit tested it on 212 it crashes
most that review he done is load crap does he work for them or sometthin, no way done that for nothin cause most of it lies

hate to say this but i know of a few running sweet upto now, i do think that some of the spiders can be flaky, and dfefinately the network chipsets can be flaky. No offence, i have no affiliation with anyone, but of 6 that i know, they are all running stable on cccam 2.1.1.

all these are on the april 23 2010 firmware, server is 2.1.1

i had loads of problems until the server was downgraded to 2.1.1 and i changed my network leads , turnout a couple of the leads where shite and ecm times dropped substantially.

Last edited:
most that review he done is load crap does he work for them or sometthin, no way done that for nothin cause most of it lies

when a person does a review of any stb they can only report their perticular experiances on their stb and set up. as for calling @manic01 a liar is totally out of order as he is a respected member of the sat/cab forums. regards mdt

when a person does a review of any stb they can only report their perticular experiances on their stb and set up. as for calling @manic01 a liar is totally out of order as he is a respected member of the sat/cab forums. regards mdt

its pure bullshit bout ccam m8 you go on cs forum theres spidernbox thred
see for your self lol if i told them thatthem ccam stable no crash etc they piss there selfs m8 them ccam ver he said is stable is bull crap
2.1.1 is stable

With that attitude mate I hope it stays fecked. You wont get any help from me.
If not happy send it back to where you got it.
Mine works and so does many others on here.

like i say upto now 6 are fine, 1 has been on for weeks, i mean dont get me wrong, you get the occasionaly stutter maybe once or twice a day , but thats nothing new with any box, TM / DM etc etc, i think you should expect the odd flutter.

i`m not steppin in here, just givin my findings based on people i know with these boxs, like i say though i do think they are hit-n-miss i.e. quality of box can depend from box to box, and i definately think whatever chipset is used for the network interface is flaky and can vary from box to box also. Theres lot of variables when it comes to this sort of stuff, like i said above, i changed a couple of net cables and it stabilized a couple which where having problems no end.

@ Thecheekymonkey are you still using april 23 2010 firmware, and is it
still ok,
I just got 7000hd , my server is running cccam 2.1.1 and I still get freezing and it was working perfect with my dreambox,

I just loaded the latest patch from scratch and thinking I should maybe change to the april patch

yep certainly is, 5 of the 6 are, the 6th not sure, as the guys been dicking about with it with motorised dish etc etc. need more info is the box local to your server (same network) try a different network lead, or use a short as possible one.

well i aint gonna say no more on this, i`m just giving my opinion with the hardware ive tested and seen working.

the server is just cccam 2.1.1 other than that no special settings for spider box.

theres a mix of cliets on the server TM/DM spider.

all boxs that i know of (theres one to report yet) are pretty much bang on.

Well it turns out the cline I was using wasnt up to scratch, got another
test line to try and it worked perfectly,
and that was with the latest patch , server still running 2.1.1 though,

Maybe these boxes are just a wee bit sensitive :proud:

Which box was reviewed here by the OP, 5000, 7000 or 9000?

additionally what is a reliable linux based box someone can recommend for CS..

Back